Chapter 33: The Elven World Tree, Cyconis.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laviel and I started making our way down the stairs of the skyscraper. I don’t know why we took the stairs… we were going down them for at least fifteen minutes…

However, once we got outside, I got yet another breathtaking view of the cyber city. The dark skyscraper walls, neon lights, everything was extremely surreal to me at that moment.

I got into Laviel’s car, she started driving down one of the streets. We turned into this one place with what seemed to be a drive thru window. She bought a breakfast burrito before heading toward the World tree.

She nibbled a little on the edge of it.

“A burrito…?”

“It tastes good.”

She took a bite, and her face seemed to give off a blissful expression. Unlike when she ate my omelette, she seemed to be actually enjoying it.

The streets were still full of elves, it almost looked like there were more people out now than when it was day time.

I saw this monorail system above us, it curved right toward this giant spotlight in the sky. I saw lights waving around and dancing in the sky, I turned back to the front of the car and put my hands behind my head.

This giant 3D holographic girl, taller than a skyscraper then formed in the center of the spotlight. My head instantly turned back and leaned slightly forward as Laviel hit the breaks, my body went flying forward and before I knew it my face slammed into the dashboard.

“What the-”

“Hm? Oh- right you aren’t from around here. It’s just an idol concert.”

I shook my head slightly as I refocused my attention.

“Why is it-”

“Holographic? Larger than a skyscraper?”

“Uh… yeah.”

“Cause we can.”

Laviel gave me a very blunt answer… I was starting to notice a small pattern with the people in this world.

We continued driving silently for a few hours. The sun started emerging behind the World tree and the city’s lights began switching off. I noticed that the elves outside went down by quite a large amount. There were still a lot of them, but at least half went back inside.

“Stratum.” I whispered quietly.

————————————

Name: Cynical

Species: Regulus Slime

Level: 126

Rank: A

EXP: 274,917/999,279

————————————

[Titles]

‘World Ender’

‘Monster in Human Clothing’

‘Otherworlder’

‘Magician’s Crusade’

‘Darkest Monster’

————————————

[Stat Points]

Strength: 304

Speed: 281

Perception: 312

Health: 250,000

Mana: 527

Intelligence: 175

Wisdom: 126

Luck: 74

Remaining Points: 53

————————————

[Skills]

||Passive:||

-Quick Learner, MAXED; 

-Sentient Mind, MAXED; 

-Chantless, MAXED; 

-Language Master, Lvl 20; 

-Integral Requisite, Lvl 9;

||Active:||

-Spell Creation, Lvl 19; 

-Storage, Lvl 15; 

-Sword Bolt, Lvl 7; 

-Fireball, Lvl 23; 

-Stealth, Lvl 15; 

-Mana Control, Lvl 18; 

-Heaven’s Barrier, Lvl 0; 

-Water Shot, Lvl 6; 

-Vocalize, Lvl 5; 

-Teleport, Lvl 14; 

-Flight, Lvl 14; 

-Transfer, Lvl 4; 

-Down Fall, Lvl 1;

-Glimpse, Lvl 2;

-Search, Lvl 5;

-Map, Lvl 8;

-Fire Wall, Lvl 1;

-High Heal, Lvl 3;

-Variant Break (8/999); 

————————————

Huh… I leveled up a bit from going against Vorhees, but I wasn’t even the one that killed him.

Now that I think about it, why did I level up in the first place? 

Also just how far away is the World tree?

“Laviel… how much-”

“Thirteen hours.”

“Wha-”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Deadeye… um- I don’t think this will work…”

“Why not?”

“W-well… uh-”

He patted Levin’s shoulder lightly.

“It’ll be fine~ it’s not like anyone will talk to us anyway.”

They emerged from a dark alleyway and now bore the appearance of cyborg elves. Levin had short blonde hair and an eye patch on his left eye. His right eye was a white color and he had the clothes of a mechanic on. Deadeye on the other hand had a nice black suit, with his yellow-green tie. He had white bandages with a bit of red in some places wrapped around his eyes. His hair was a slicked back silver and he had a small purple and yellow-green hat slightly tilted on his head.

“These disguises are perfect Levin, no worries at all.”

“I-if you say so…”

Deadeye and Levin started walking down the street. Deadeye was more relaxed while Levin was anxiously following behind him.

Then a man approached Deadeye… he had black pants on, a pure white shirt, a navy blue vest, and black boots. His hair was a brown color and slicked back as well, his eyes were a deep gray… and he was human. The man also had what looked like a toothpick in his mouth, and he seemed to be more on the bulky side… 

“Hm? Can I help you?”

“Oh- yes actually. You gentlemen saw the wanted board yesterday right?”

“Uh… yeah, we did.”

“Good. Then can you let me know if you’ve seen Cynical?”

Deadeye and Levin froze for a second.

“I don’t think we have, otherwise we would have reported him immediately y’know? That kind of money could have me set for life~”

The man sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well that’s fair… oh- but could I quickly ask one more thing?”

“Yeah, go for it.”

“Why do both of you have your eyes blocked?”

The air grew stagnant as the three of them stood there. Levin’s heart rate increased slightly and his breathing grew heavier.

“We both just got eye surgery for some cybernetics. Wanna get some? They’re cheap!”

Deadeye started becoming pushy on trying to get the man to swap his eyes out for cybernetic ones.

“No… I’ll- I’ll pass…”

Another person ran up behind the man and called out.

“Silas! We’re out of time for our ship, they’re gonna leave without us!”

“Heh- already?!”

He turned back quickly.

“Gentlemen, if you’d excuse me.”

Silas did a slight bow before him and the other person went running down the street.

“Th-that was… so close…”

Levin had tears streaming down his cheeks now as he trembled slightly.

“Yeah-… well, we’re fine~”

Deadeye continued happily walking as Levin followed behind him.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Risible.”

“Hm?”

“Do something.”

“No-”

Esther quickly sat up and looked over toward him.

“What do you mean no?!”

Risible was laying on his bed, the complete opposite side of the room from Esther.

“Exactly what I said. No.”

She laid down and sighed before reaching her hand above her toward the ceiling.

When are we getting out of here…? Maybe I can try getting some sleep…

Esther closed her eyes and gently started going to sleep. Before a loud banging noise went off at the cell door, the triple lock opened and guards flooded in and grabbed them.

“You are to have an audience with her majesty.”

“Really?! Right when I was going to sleep you fucks!”

“Esther mind your language-”

“You’re the last person I want to hear that from!”

The guards dragged Esther along, while Risible casually walked.

They reached these large black and gold doors that slowly opened inward. The room past the doors was this giant circular silver-steel platform, the ceiling wasn’t visible and the walls were lined with metal pipes and wires. The guards stopped and knelt down.

From the open void above, there was clicking and gearing shifted noises. Pistons pushing and pulling as this giant almost arm-like thing came spiraling down. It had plated steel and wires all around it. 

It flipped around and glared at them, on its metallic head was this giant silver-black eye. The eye glowed slightly purple as the robotic creature started to transform. The metallic head flipped onto its back and these two giant arms formed near the front, the creature leaned in as this full cyborg elf came into their vision.

She was directly attached to the robot from the waist down and seemed to be the one controlling it.

Risible turned toward Esther who had a look of fear and shock on her face.

A static-like glitchy voice echoed across the chamber from the elf.

“So what do we have here?”

She seemed to be amused and had this almost sadistic grin on her face.

Risible kept glancing between Esther and the cyborg elf.

“What did you do Lydia!”

“Really? Shouldn’t you be calling me—?”

Risible was staring blankly ahead before he registered what had been said.

“WHAT?!”

0