Chapter 34.5: Four’s Beastmen Mishap~
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the coast of the beastmen continent, Viantis, sits Four.

He is currently enjoying a fine dining experience of… eating… his way home? The whale that dragged him over there was being eaten piece by piece by his sharp shark-like teeth. 

Four’s blood red scythe still lodged on the top of the whale’s head.

“This doesn’t taste as good as I thought it would…”

He ripped another chunk of the whale off using his teeth, and gulped down the gamey meat.

“Hm… maybe I shouldn’t be eating it raw…”

“Oh well~”

Four took another large chunk of the meat down before hearing footsteps behind him. When he turned his head around he saw a number of beastmen, maybe around twenty or so.

They had spears and bows pointed at him as he continued chewing on the gamey whale meat. He gulped it down and faced himself toward the beastmen. 

“What are you doing over there!” One of the beastmen yelled.

“Me~?”

Four pointed at himself and tilted his head slightly.

The beastmen were made up of what looked like a few different species. There were a few resembling cats, dogs, rabbits… a few other ones as well.

“Yes, you!”

“Well… I was eating.”

Four smiled in a slightly sadistic way, which sent chills running down the beastmen’s spines. They took a slight step back as Four gazed at them.

“Is there a problem with that?”

There were a few beastmen that started whispering amongst each other…

“What do we do…? He looks strong…”

“Is he eating that whale raw…?”

“I thought I saw a number in his eye…”

The other beastmen looked toward the one that said that.

“Really? Didn’t we get a wanted poster from the humans…”

“A Regulus monster… r-right?”

Four was staring blankly at the beastmen who were now completely ignoring his existence.

“Hello! I’m still here~!”

The beastmen froze up and turned back to him.

“S-state your name!”

“What…?”

Four sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Genocide.”

The beastmen looked at each other and let out a massive sigh of relief, they all started something almost like a celebration amongst their group.

“Thank god he wasn’t Cynical.”

“I’m so relieved…”

Four’s left eye started twitching at the mention of my name. The scythe on top of the whale’s head returned to a slime state and rushed through the whale’s corpse, it shot out of the edge that Four was eating and reshaped back to a scythe in his hand. Four’s hands squeezed the handle tightly as he instantly rushed forward.

“WHY ARE YOU SO EXCITED?! HUH?!”

With a quick motion and barely any time to react.

The blood red scythe did a deep sideways slash. A line forming along the torsos of the beastmen. Blood dripped slightly off the edge of the scythe before the twenty corpses collapsed. 

“Being relieved only because it wasn’t Cyn. I hate people like that.”

Four looked back toward the whale.

“My appetite was ruined…”

Four put his scythe on his shoulder, his back slouching slightly as he started walking inland. His first destination being a small town off the beachy coast of Viantis… Littoral.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

The beastmen continent looked similar in a sense to the human continent. It had vast plains of grass… well- kind of. There was farmland everywhere Four could see. He reabsorbed his scythe while following an old dirt road that led straight into town. His hands were resting in his trench coat’s pockets gently.

“Hm…”

Four looked around at the different species in the town.

Cats, dogs, foxes, raccoons… there were a ton. The town seemed like it was similar to Noyade in structure with it being in a more medieval-like state. There were little market stalls lining the streets, and a bunch of beastmen.

<Hey, Four.>

“Oh- Ode what’s up?”

Four was touching his right ear lightly as he talked.

<There’s no variants in that town.>

“Augh… I wish you would have said that before I came here.”

<Sorry, sorry~ I was busy with Six and Harbinger.>

“You got Harbinger ba…ck…?”

Out of the corner of his eye, Four saw something, his voice trailing off.

He turned around and saw this cat girl walking down the street, her body had a thin curve to it and she was looking around the markets curiously. Her hair was a black color and she had long pointy black ears on the top of her head. She was wearing a large white cardigan with blue stripes around her elbows and at the bottom of it, she had small black shorts going up more than half her thigh, her hands behind her back as she walked. Occasionally she would lean forward and peek at the different items for sale, her black tail gently wagging back and forth near the ground.

“Woah…”

<Four…?>

<Hey- wait->

<Don’t even think about it.>

Four quickly ran up behind her, and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Four leaned forward slightly and smiled at her.

“Hey miss~”

She appeared startled for a second before her face went a tint of red, her hands were now in front of her and she rubbed the sides of her thumbs together.

“H-hi…”

Her voice was sweet, almost angelic. She was gazing at the ground, her eyelids half closed. She still had a faint blush on her cheeks.

Four started guiding her along gently, he picked up her left hand lightly into his.

“Your hands are rough… want me to massage them for you?”

“U-uh… sure…”

<Rough?>

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“That doesn’t sound right… why would a girl’s hands be rough…?”

Actually no… they’re beastmen afterall…

“Ahhhh- Damn it!”

Harbinger looked toward Ode.

“What?”

Ode started typing a few things while opening a few new screens.

“Do you know anything about beastmen?”

“Hm… nope~”

“Why do you sound proud?!”

Ode let out a displeased groan as Harbinger turned to his right and glared at Six again. He was sitting next to his house of cards, he looked up from his manga to quickly wave at Harbinger.

Risible was still fast asleep on the couch near Ode, he was snoring slightly.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Wanna come with me for a bit~?”

The cat girl was silent for a second before she quickly got out of his hands and looped behind him, she linked her right arm around Four’s left as she rested her head and hand on his chest.

“Please take care of me~...”

She seemed to take on a more dominant stance compared to before. Four had a wide smile on his face as they walked toward an inn down the street.

Four checked a room out, as they entered the cat girl suddenly turned him around and pushed him toward the bed. Four fell back and bounced a little on the springs as she stared at him seductively, a light blush on her face.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Ah- found it.”

Ode scanned through the beastmen records before closing a few tabs. He then instantly formed a few papers in his hands with the contents he found.

He flipped through the pages relatively quickly until he reached a certain section.

“Oh…”

Ode stood up and walked behind Risible’s couch.

“Hey Risible, you got a moment?”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

Four’s heart started racing as he stared at the cat girl. Her curves filled his eyes gleefully. She started unwrapping her cardigan in a bit of a teasing way.

<Hey- Four.>

Four turned to his right quickly and put his hand to his ear.

“What Ode?”

<Well- there’s a bit of a problem with what you’re about to do…>

“Ode. Stop your bullshit. I’m about to get laid, so fuck off.”

The catgirl’s cardigan blocked her body, as the rest of her clothes were removed and thrown to a corner of the room. She glared at Four with a slight smile.

<No- but Four, beastmen->

“Stop it Ode-”

Four turned back toward the cat girl who was now standing tall in front of him, a playful look on her face… she fully unwrapped her cardigan… when a long shadow cast over Four’s face.

<Beastmen work differently Four- the male and female role is completely reversed in their genes, so what looks feminine to us…>

“I-is masculine to… them…?”

Four’s skin was a pale white.

“Say Ahhhh~” The cat girl spoke playfully, like she was toying with her food.

“AAAA—”

Four instantly warped his body down into a dark red spherical slime form. It zipped across the room toward the window. The window shattered, shards of glass exploded out across the street. Four bolted through it; as the spherical slime got close to the ground, it warped and transformed back into Four’s human form, his foot slammed into the ground. He started running for his life as tears welled up in his eyes.

The cat girl looked out of the window toward where he ran with a bit of a pouting face.

“Nghhh that’s no fun…”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“HAHAHAHAHA- Holy shit man!”

Risible was dying of laughter as he hit his knee.

“Four almost- hahahaha!”

“He almost fucked a guy!”

Six was laughing a little from Risible’s comments.

“I even tried warning him~”

Ode shrugged and looked at the screen again as Four ran into a small alleyway, he curled up into a ball behind a stack of boxes, tears streaming down his face.

Sniffling could be heard while he sobbed.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Wh-why…”

<I can’t believe you almost fucked a guy Four- hahaha!>

“Fuck you Risible…”

Four was in shambles as his body shivered.

“Why is the one thing I love… corrupt in this world…”

Risible’s face twisted a little in disgust.

<Dude… you are literally the only one who likes cat girls…>

<I prefer mine robotic.>

<Of course you do Harbinger, but that’s just not the same.>

And just like that. Four was halted for the rest of his trip to the beastmen continent. He accomplished nothing, and was led into the traumatizing experience… known as a ‘Trap’.

1