Chapter 36: To the Queen! Six… have fun~
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood up off the ground and cracked my neck.

We walked out into this giant circular hallway. There were glass windows overlooking this massive chamber that shot straight down, I couldn’t even see the bottom…

It was cylindrical and it was all made of this steel-like metal with wires and pipes all around it.

I heard a door on our left open, a swarm of guards flooded out.

“Huh-”

I grabbed the back of Six’s sweater as Laviel and I started running around the giant circular hallway. Bullets came flying through the walls on our right. They hit the glass behind us causing it to shatter and hit the ground with small tinging noises.

||SEARCH||

My irises and vision glowed a slight green as a giant red object lit up outside of the walls of the tree.

“Shit- they’re shooting through the walls with an airship!”

Another explosion went off next to me causing me to lose my grip on Six, the impact sent him flying, he slammed into one of the windows. The glass cracked and shattered, his body went flying out toward the center of the abyss before falling straight into the cylindrical pit.

“Ah- sorry Six.”

I put my right hand up in front of my chest in a form of prayer.

Laviel and I kept running, maybe even a little faster than before.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

Six was falling down the pit head first, he couldn’t see the bottom and his face was full of shock.

“Why…”

“IS IT ALWAYS ME IN THESE SITUATIONS?!”

||SHADOW WORLD||

Shadows rushed out of Six’s body, they slammed into the pit's walls, expanding at an insanely fast rate. Six’s mana dropped significantly as he widened the area of [Shadow World].

His hands were in a yin-yang type position, his palms facing opposite directions.

||NOTICE: Title: ‘Overdrive’ is forcefully activating. Regeneration for Semblance ‘06’ has been shut down in exchange for negative mana.||

The shadows widened even further. They started swallowing the World tree. They raced up the steel plates surrounding everything in a black color. The shadows filled the halls I was in, and even where the Elven Queen was. They slipped through the cracks and seams of the metallic interior and broke out.

The shadows reached out and rapidly climbed Cyconis’s exterior, quickly wrapping around the double helix-like spirals. Shadows split off and started rising up, taking on different shapes of animals and monsters. Large shadow tentacles stretched high above the ground, some of the shadows started making their way around Cyconis’s core. They grabbed onto it roughly and wrapped around in this web-like pattern. Almost like they were simply just holding it in place.

Six continued falling, before he flipped himself around and slammed into the hard metal ground. He stood up with an extremely pissed off look on his face. The shadows started wrapping around his skin making the underside of his hood completely blocked off. A slight red glare caught in his hood, two pure red dots on either side.

A mechanical noise could be heard causing Six to look up. A giant arm swung down with pistons steaming, the head of it was made of massive metallic plates with this giant silver-black eye. A purple color showing, though it felt more like an aura than anything else. It was overly ominous for a machine.

The head transformed and shifted the giant eye to its back, Lydia was smiling sadistically while she glared at Six.

“Another one? They just keep walking right to me, don’t they~?”

Six reached his hand out toward her and swiped to the left, causing this giant shadow almost in the shape of a hand to try grabbing her. She quickly made this signal with her eyes which extended a part of the wall behind her, it shattered a small hole in [Shadow World] and shot forward blocking Six’s shadow hand.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

Risible was sitting on the couch watching as Six fought.

“Um… Ode. I don’t think he’s gonna be fine.”

“Hm. Maybe not.”

Ode swiped through a few screens pulling the different perspectives of the variants. I was still running around the top of the pit with Laviel, Six had just engaged in a fight with the Elven Queen, Four was sitting huddled up in an alleyway, then… Levin and Deadeye…

Well Levin was being thrown around the walls of an airship, and Deadeye looked sea sick while buckled into a seat. The air around them was distorted, shaking in an almost glitchy sort of way. Ode zoomed out a little and saw the ship racing through this pink and purple dust, the ship whipping through golden-yellow rings with four pointed spikes on them.

Ode pulled up his map screen.

There was a red and black dot at the center of Chroterr. Then in a wide circle around the entirety of the continent a yellow-green and a light-blue and white dot glitched around. It was like they were everywhere and nowhere all at once.

Ode tapped his screen for a second like it was broken.

“Huh…”

Risible stood up and stretched.

“Ode, Imma get back out there and help Six~”

“Have fun.”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

Risible’s light-blue core shot out from Six’s left shoulder, a yellow-gold ‘99’ etched onto the front of the orb. It twisted and warped out into his human form as he slid against the ground.

||AIR CUTTER||

Risible slashed his right hand diagonally to the left.

A sharp blade of wind went flying toward Lydia, she transformed another part of her body into this giant moveable metal shield, a slight gash being cut into the metal as Risible’s magic hit.

“Magic, huh? Now how are you doing that~... I’ll just have to have you dissected and find out!”

Her face looked maniacal as her body transformed again, creating this cannon-like gun underneath the protection of her shield. She aimed it at Risible and fired.

A beam of light shot out and obliterated his left leg from the knee down.

“Damn-”

While Lydia was distracted Six quickly shot a shadow behind her. When the shadow made contact with her body it was shattered, dissipating into mana particles that gently floated out into the world.

“Wha-”

Slight laughter could be heard echoing throughout the chamber. Lydia had an especially sadistic smile on.

“You think I would just let you use magic~?”

She laughed as this slightly tinted purple field that circled the main part of her mechanical body came into view.

“Anti-magic~ a specialty among cyber elves, a very special barrier to stop the tracks of all magic.”

Lydia then transformed another part of her body making this giant mechanical arm on her left side, the shield still remaining on her right. She threw a punch forward toward Six, who jumped to the side quickly.

“Risible!”

A large chain of wind formed and wrapped around Lydia’s arm, pinning it down tightly. She aimed the front of the shield toward Risible, the cannon beginning to charge. Six then triggered one of his shadows to swiftly wrap around her shield and pull it back, the beam shot off in the blink of an eye causing the wall behind Risible to crumble from the immense power.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“How long is this fucking circuit!”

Bullets continued firing into the windows behind us before the airship pulled away.

“We’re almost there!”

<Cyn, we have a small issue.>

“What is it Ode?”

<The Elven Queen has something known as anti-magic.>

“Huh- wait, how do you know that?”

We kept running, I noticed Laviel starting to slow down slightly. I quickly grabbed her by her waist and lifted her up.

“Heh- Cyn-?”

I shifted my feet slightly into a semi-slime mode to move at a higher speed, we started gliding quickly along the circuit as Ode answered.

<Six and Risible are currently fighting her.>

“What?!”

One of my legs slipped and we slid out through this opening in the wall onto this narrow ledge hanging out around twenty feet over the abyss-like pit. I hastily returned my feet to normal, barely catching us a foot before the edge. I put Laviel back down as we stood with our backs at a corner. Either get caught by the fast approaching guards, or fall into the pit.

However.

I didn’t get to make that decision.

0