Chapter 11: What if I Made a Skill?
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After flying over to Esther’s house I knocked on her door.

She didn’t answer.

I tried knocking again only to get complete silence.

“Fuck it.”

I looked around to make sure there were no people around before changing my form to slide under her front door. I got inside and changed back to my human form.

“Pardon my intrusion.”

I walked into her bedroom and of course, she was sleeping. I stared at her and thought for a second.

“Does she only sleep in her free time…?”

I walked over and tapped her shoulder.

“Esther-“ I whispered.

She didn’t move.

“Hey… Esther-“ I whispered again.

“Esther.”

She turned toward me, her eyes were still closed and she had a slight grin. It kind of felt like she knew what she was doing which ticked me off a little bit.

“Ack-“

What’s up with her?!

I picked her up in a bridal carry… somehow she was still sleeping.

“Fine, I’ll wake you up the hard way.”

Her eyes slightly opened.

“Huh-“

||TELEPORT||

I teleported us around two thousand meters into the sky.

“Heh-“

Her vision started to focus as she looked down.

“Huh- uh wait…”

“Now, wake up Esther!”

I threw her up, she went up for a second before she started free falling.

“AHHHH!”

“C-cyn! I’m sorry I didn’t wake up!”

“I w-won’t do it again-“

She started rapidly picking up speed.

Of course I’m next to her falling as well.

I looked at my hand like there was a watch on my hand.

“Hmm…”

“About… ten seconds?”

10~

9…

8-

7.

6?

5!

“…”

Alright time to catch her.

||FLIGHT||

I sped up quickly and lightly caught her in another bridal carry just before we reached the last layer of clouds.

She was shaky and had tears in her eyes.

“I-I-I w-won’t-“

“Esther.”

“I-I-“

“It’s fine. Just wake up next time. Right~?”

I smiled at her.

She looked at me with a light level of horror.

“Y-yeah…”

I brought her back to her house so she could get dressed. She put on a black dress with a relatively loose skirt and white wrist cuffs, along with white stockings, black dress shoes, her twin tails tied with black ribbons, and this cyan cloak-like thing over her shoulders that draped down to her waist. I also saw that she had a folded wand type of thing hidden behind her back.

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“So why are you here?”

She was pouting. Clearly, my way of waking her up was upsetting.

“I wanted to see how much mana you have.”

“I got around to testing how much mana [Flight] takes and it doesn’t match up.”

She looked at me confused.

“How much does it take?”

“Eighty.”

“Eighty?! Only eighty?!” She exclaimed.

“That’s what I was thinking as well, so I wanted to check how much mana you have.”

“Hold on let me get my guild card-“

I looked at her blankly as she dug through her drawers.

“Can’t you use your status window…?”

She looked at me.

“We don’t have status windows, we can only check through our guild cards.”

She held up her card that was black with a lining of darkened purple. 

“Guild cards update with the user, so they hold information that is accurate.”

“Of course you're a special case though…”

She handed me her card and I took a look at it.

A holographic-like display appeared showing me the detailed list.

————————————

Name: Esther Adelaide

Species: High Elf

Level: 207

Rank: S

EXP: 92,401/612,782,927

————————————

[Titles]

‘Mage Empress’

‘Royal Successor’

‘Monster’s Partner’

————————————

[Stat Points]

Strength: 103

Speed: 58

Perception: 321

Mana: 618,439

Intelligence: 415

Wisdom: 97

Luck: 136

Remaining Points: 13

————————————

[Skills]

||Passive:||

-Empowering, Lvl 72;

-Extremist, Lvl 96;

-Mana Control, Lvl 85;

||Active:||

-Air Cutter, Lvl 67;

-Icicle Drill, Lvl 98;

-Binding, Lvl 58;

-Explosion, Lvl 77;

-Magic Missile, Lvl 81;

-Lightning Chain, Lvl 49;

-Rock Bullet, Lvl 23;

-Healing, Lvl 99;

-Calming, Lvl 88;

-Cleanse, Lvl 42;

-Tempest, Lvl 95;

-Fireball, Lvl 33;

-Water Shot, Lvl 56;

-Teleport, Lvl 29;

-Flight, Lvl 0; [ERROR]

————————————

“That’s a shit ton of spells…”

“Wait, didn't you say I had a ton of skills?! You clearly have more!”

She tilted her head to the side and looked at me like I was stupid.

“Those are all spells… my skills are only passive.”

I looked back at the card.

“Esther, what is this ‘Monster’s Partner’ title…”

“Huh- uh… eh… n-nothing…”

She waved her hands back and forth. Probably to try reassuring me of something… Which was a weird response, maybe it’s personal?

“Huh?! Your mana is over six hundred thousand… so why does [Flight] have an error next to it?”

That doesn’t add up at all. I have way less mana yet she can’t use it?

“Cyn, you have the [Chantless] skill right?”

I paused for a second after she said that.

“That makes more sense.”

Since Esther doesn’t have the [Chantless] skill she has to speak the spell’s incantation.

However, when she used [Flight] she only activated the spell resulting in all of her mana being burned out within a few seconds. I also never made an incantation since I have no need for one.

“Esther.”

“Yeah…?”

“What if I can make it so you only have to say the spell's name to activate it?”

Her eyes glistened for a second.

“If you can make something like that… then please do!”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

We moved out to our testing field to avoid destruction within the town. It wouldn’t be very good to get Goldwill’s attention on me.

||SPELL CREATION||

The cyan magic gears arrived before me once again. This time it’s going to be insanely difficult since I’m modifying pretty much every spell… I need to make it so visualization and the spell’s name are significant. This is almost too complex…

Let me check attributes similar to [Vocalize], so the first gear will be sound magic…

Now for the second gear.

How about…

No.

Doing things normally… won’t work.

So I’m going to have to break the limits of [Spell Creation] and find ways to make something beyond magic. I’m going to forcefully create skills!

[Spell Creation] has another option besides the preset magic gears, which is visualizing and thinking of the spell’s unique compound. Pretty much, the more detailed I am with visualizing something. The more power a gear will hold which will also increase the spell’s efficiency.

So to break this skill, I’m going to mix preset gears with my custom gears and forcefully create new gears that are going to combine into a skill.

Now focus. Visualize the components with detail…

I started slamming gears together, grabbing them as they were being created. The gears started connecting and intertwining… they started shifting and moving. Mana began running through them.

“Cyn…?”

I was on one knee. My eyes began to glow red as I held my right hand out in front of me, my palm facing upward as I smiled.

“Semi-Chant: Fireball.”

Mana swiftly gathered around my right hand binding into a bright red fireball. I clenched my fist, extinguishing the flames.

Esther was looking at me in awe.

“Ready Esther?”

She paused for a second.

“Yeah!” She exclaimed.

||TRANSFER||

Mana started flowing out of my hand and toward Esther, it coiled around her body. 

Unlike when I transfered [Flight] though, this time took longer. The mana made a bond with her body... so I guess this would be more like a skill transfer than a spell transfer. This time I’m giving her the entire skill since I don’t need two similar skills.

After a few minutes the mana was finished bonding. 

“So Esther? Wanna try?”

She looked at her hands… then she clenched her fists.

Her left hand was thrown out.

“Fireball!”

Mana began circulating and heat rose from her hand. The ball started out as a bright red sphere. Then shifted into a deep blue, and straight into the darkened purple that my modified fireball has.

She shot the fireball out and blew a line in the forest ahead of us.

“Ah… it worked…”

A tear fell down her cheek as she stood there.

I walked over and patted her back gently while smiling. 

After a few minutes she straightened out.

“Thank you…”

She wiped her slightly watery eyes, removing any other potential tears.

We then started walking back toward Noyade…

||WARNING: CODE VIOLATION; SKILL SHARING||

2