Chapter 29: I’d say we ran those streets…! I’m so sorry.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We sat down on top of the Maglev Train as it raced across the cityscape.

Maglev Trains use electromagnets to repel each other and move at crazy speeds. The ones from my world were on average about three hundred miles per hour… and these were around double…

These elves are actually insane.

I turned our head to the right, aiming it toward where we came from. I saw around a dozen airships flying around, a few of them going in circles.

“Looks like we got away.”

I sighed in relief.

“We’ll just go on here for a bit and then get off close to the World tree.”

“O-okay…”

We laid down on top of the train, we were using some slime on our back to hold onto it since we would have been thrown off from all the twists and turns.

The builders of this train must’ve been highly ambitious since it almost felt closer to a rollercoaster than a train… The tracks kept curving and the train even went sideways at times.

Another track appeared next to us that bent in from behind another skyscraper. I turned my head and looked at it… a train appeared.

It.

Wasn’t a Maglev Train.

It looked like a modernized steam train.

The wheels were pumping at an insane speed, to the point where I almost couldn’t see the pistons moving. The train’s drive rod was blurred and almost looked like a gleam of golden light.

The train was a sleek white color with black highlights on it, it also had gold outlining it. On the side of it, it had the word ‘Vorhees’ written in a sharp font with red and black coloring. 

“Vorhees?”

“C-Cyn… I have a bad feeling…”

“Let's run it by Ode then.”

<Already on it.>

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Let’s see… Vorhees…”

Deadeye was walking by when he saw Ode looking through some archives.

“Whatcha lookin’ at?”

“Cyn and Levin came across a steam train that’s fast enough to catch up to an Elven Maglev.”

“Really? Can I help look?”

“Go for it.”

Ode pulled up a side screen and swiped it over to Deadeye. A chair formed from the ground and Deadeye sat down on it.

“What did you say the name of the train was?”

“Vorhees.”

He stopped in his tracks. His hand hanging in the air.

“Deadeye? Is something wrong?”

“Y-you mean… ‘that’ Vorhees…?”

Ode looked at him a little confused.

“Does it have a white paint job with gold outlines and a sharp font for its name?”

“Wha-”

“Does it?!”

Ode was startled a little and quickly asked me.

“Cyn, describe the train.”

<Can’t you see it-? Uh… well, it's fully white with a hint of black. It has a gold outline and the ‘Vorhees’ text on it is in a sharp black and red font.>

When Ode turned back to Deadeye his face was grim.

“Deadeye…?”

“Tell them to get out of there right now.”

“Why-”

“Now!”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

<Cyn- get out now!>

What?

I looked back toward the steam train to see it… glaring at me…?

It almost appeared as if its main body twisted slightly to look at us. The head lamp was a vibrant green with six individual lights beaming in my direction.

Suddenly loud clunking metal and gear shifting echoed from inside of it. Its body made a large banging noise, the upper sides shifted and turned, opening a gap to a collection of mechanical parts. Two giant bulky white arms rose from either side, the rest quickly transformed into a body with this titanium head. Pieces shifted and clinked together, the components swapping their original compositions into new working parts. It had these two side pieces that slid back around where its ears would have been. The wheels from the train moved down along its calves, trailing up its thighs as it lifted its foot. Its body swung with rapid force, slamming its foot into one of the train carts behind us.

The ground made a large pulse as the carts on both sides exploded off of the ground. The carts swung upward almost into the shape of an arc. We started sliding off of the train’s ceiling as the first and last cart collided making this massive explosion. It started to ripple down the other carts as Levin and I started charging the air around us. Red, white and light-blue lightning formed around us as we started making a running motion. One of our feet touched the roof on one of the train carts and we instantly raced down it as the carts above us exploded. We looped around the underside of the train and onto the sides before returning to the roof.

We jumped off past the steam train mecha and slid against the pavement. Our feet rotated in a circular motion, our left foot got a good hold on the concrete before quickly bursting down one of the streets. Rocks and debris shooting off to the side from the sudden energy being released. We were going around the same speed as the Maglev train so there wasn’t much delay in our movement.

“That was close-”

I turned to my left to see the Vorhees mecha hand in hand with us.

I instinctively slammed my foot into the ground causing a giant sound to erupt, the concrete beneath us exploding. The mech did this weird sliding motion and did a quick turn around on one of the skyscrapers sides before slamming into the ground in front of us. It looked like it was on roller blades… or ice skating, or something along those lines.

“What the fuck…”

“I-I want to go home…”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

Ode was staring intently at the screen as we stood face to face with the Vorhees mech. He quickly turned around and grabbed Deadeye’s collar.

“What was that?!”

“It's Vorhees…”

“Well yeah, I can clearly see that! Deadeye… how did you know?”

Ode glared at him intensely as he smiled a little and began laughing. Deadeye wiped a tear from his eye before returning to his smile.

“That fucker is what got me killed on my world. Don’t tell me you thought we are the only things brought here?”

Ode’s hands dropped as he looked back toward the screen.

“How- we’ve been trapped here since we arrived! So how-”

“Our body still ate. Ode. Anything that got close was taken in as energy. Through that we got to learn… right? Since that was the case, I found out one of our little friends we ate was reincarnated. I don’t know how he got here though… nor do I know how Vorhees got here.”

Deadeye shrugged as he looked at Ode, he had one of his eyes closed.

“And don’t ask if I can beat it… I can’t. Just tell them to run, if they somehow shake that fucker then maybe…”

He looked down before he turned around and walked toward the couch.

“No… nevermind~ tell them they’re totally fucked.”

⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱⊰───────•✦•───────⊱

“Cyyyyyn– what are we gonna do-”

“Levin please. Quiet.”

“B-b-but–”

“Quiet.”

It caught up to Levin’s speed with ease… Ode seems to know something… and this mech is highly dangerous.

‘Vorhees’ huh?

I started laughing, my laugh was almost maniacal. Levin, Ode, Deadeye and Vorhees all suddenly froze up as they watched me.

“This’ll be fun~!”

||NOTICE: Variant ‘01’; Cynical has unlocked a new feature! Quests!||

||EMERGENCY: You have received an Urgent Quest!||
|||QUEST: Kill ‘Vorhees’ using any means. 

Reward: A New Title. 

Failure: Death of the Main Body.||

0