Speed Force
322 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The battlefield was in chaos, even though Inmo and Diana were eliminating so many enemies, it still wasn't enough, and soon the tide of monsters would reach the kingdom's walls.
 
The arrows fired by the soldiers on the wall, as well as their war machines like giant crossbows and catapults, weren't working with such efficiency.
 
When the giant cyclops and chimeras reached the wall, it took only a few attacks to open several breaches in the walls and penetrate the city. Then the second line of defense sprang into action, with all available soldiers forming the last line of defense.
 
Soldiers risking their lives to protect those dear to them—family and friends. They no longer expected to win this battle; the high command had ordered the evacuation of civilians from the city. Now everyone knew the moment had come.
 
As the monsters approached, a war cry erupted, strengthening the hearts of those who persisted, declaring their choices in their final moments.
 
It was an incredible sight as those gigantic monsters arrived, crushing everything in their paths, unstoppable. But humans didn't surrender; they began to counterattack. At that moment, when a soldier leaped from his horse while in mid-air, sword in hand, aiming directly at a cyclops's eye, a strange invisible aura spread through the area. But it didn't stop there; it went much further, merging with the very fabric of the universe.
 
Shortly afterward, this strange, inexplicable energy returned to its epicenter like a wave, rewinding time.
 
In the midst of the battlefield at that moment, Inmo's figure was barely visible amidst so many monsters surrounding him. Their attacks seemed to cover the sky, leaving no room to escape.
 
Inmo, in this dire situation, lifted his head and calmly surveyed everything. Soon, an energy began to flow through his body, and from the depths of his eyes, that energy started to overflow, rays emanating from his eyes, indicating the power he was unleashing.
 
As Inmo moved, this strange energy completely flowed out of his body, spreading. Yes, the energy that had spread previously was Inmo's, and now that it had returned to him, Inmo began to walk calmly, and with each step he took, everything around him began to rewind like a tape being spooled backward.
 
Not only that, but with each step, the colors around him seemed to fade, turning grayer. When Inmo took his fourth step, time was at the moment when the monsters were about to destroy the walls, and it was at that moment that colors vanished; everything was frozen—the very time of the entire universe had stopped.
 
Inmo was displaying the full potential of a speedster connected to the Speed Force. He had stopped time, something that for many was considered impossible to even think about, let alone execute. But the Speed Force overrode all the rules that held the universe together.
 
Now on the battlefield, Inmo moved through it with his lance flowing smoothly as it pierced the skulls of his enemies. Enemies who seemed infinite. He remained in this state for days to kill them all. Now that time had returned, the effects of Inmo's actions manifested; body parts littered the ground, the horde of monsters that had been running fell at the same time, rolling on the ground. The winged beasts that filled the sky now fell from it like raindrops, their wings severed and heads severed, their corpses crashing to the ground. Even the ancient and powerful Hydra that dominated the sky now lay on the ground with its fifteen heads severed simultaneously.
 
Now, only Midas remained alive among his undead minions; his mind hadn't yet comprehended what had happened. His legion, which had conquered six kingdoms, died in seconds; all fell dead at the same time. Not even a god should have been able to do that, at least not the ones he knew.
 
It was an incredible feat that only someone like Inmo could achieve. Even other speedsters would have fallen dead within minutes, not just physically but mentally as well. Even though Inmo had such a strong connection with the Speed Force, he could only maintain a state of stopping time because his body had adapted at that moment; he became the avatar of the Speed Force. His body withstood the full power of a cosmic force; at that moment, he was speed force.
 
The Hydra that had been on the ground began to move; its severed heads were replaced by new ones. Its healing factor manifested, and just like in the legends, its heads were replaced by two more each. Thus, a Hydra with thirty heads rose, standing in front of the city wall, its faces even more ferocious than before. Pure rage was seen in its reptilian pupils.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
patreon.com/Horadomori [Early Access][$1 = > chapter 67 on patreon]
11