Ch. 22
1.2k 12 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So what family is it that can speak to snakes?” Hermione asked as we perused down the hallway of the train.

“The Gaunt family, we’re the last descendants of Salazar Slytherin.”

“Really? Are you guaranteed to get into Slytherin then? And how did he get that ability in his Bloodline? Was it a ritual? I’ve read that rituals are practically illegal and-” she cut off suddenly, a blush spreading on her face.

I smiled reassuringly and answered her questions.

“I don’t know about being guaranteed, but I’ve never heard of a Gaunt not being in Slytherin. Some say it was a ritual and othewrs say he got it from Indian ancestors where being a Parseltongue, thats the name of the ability to talk to snakes, is much more common. As to where they got it I have no idea. And yes Rituals, specifically the study of rituals is highly regulated.  A lot of rituals actually are not illegal to do, but the knowledge of them is rare and mainly held by pureblood families. However there are a few that it is okay to research.”

She was walking ahead of me so I couldn’t see her face, but I assumed she was frowning.

“Professor McGonagall told me a lot about the magical world. About how purebloods pretty much control everything, and about… well Covens.”

She looked back at me… studying me.

“From what I have learned there will be four to six boys in our year, with there being around fifteen witches for every wizard. However the average wizards can only get seven witches in their Coven. I understand that witches can only have children with a wizard if they’re in their Coven though, but the entire society seems unfair to witches. The professor even told me that witches who marry a muggle man are getting ostracized and ridiculed. Ridiculous, do they expect the woman to spend the rest of their life alone?”

“I agree, sadly my grandfather is one such person. Two years ago we went to a Yuletide ball and the greeter had a child with a muggle man,” I shook my head. “My grandfather said some of the worst stuff I’ve ever heard right to her face. I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life.”

“Anything Nessy?” I asked the snake.

“Hmm, he’s nearby.”

“Do you have any Coven members?” Hermione asked.

“Two, they were the blonde and brunette sitting next to one another. I’ve been betrothed to the blonde for years, her name is Daphne by the way, an absolute treat to be around, the other is Tracey, friendliest girl you’ll ever meet and is Daphne’s half-sister. Daphne joined officially around six months ago and Tracey for about two. I’m also betrothed to their younger sister Astoria, she’ll probably join next year.”

“Wow… is having three from the same family normal?”

“No, but I have a higher than average magical power, and Daphne didn’t want to be separated from her sisters.”

“Oh, how many can you have in your Coven?”

“No idea, the only people with my level of magical power still alive are Grindelwald and Dumbledore, but they’re both, you know.”

“They’re both what?”

“Oh, guess you don’t. They’re gay, that’s why they don’t have any Coven members.”

“I see. That makes sense, when I read on Dumbledore I expected him to have the largest Coven ever recorded. They say he’s as powerful as Merlin, and Merlin had more than sixty Coven members in his life,” Hermione stopped and then looked at me with something akin to pity.

Sixty wives, sixty children at least. A household of one hundred and twenty one. Oh god please no.

“Well I doubt I’ll get that many. How do you feel as a muggleborn inside a world like this?”

Hermione blew out a breath, folding her arms under her small chest.

“Like I have so much to catch up on. I already have my associates degree, and debated actually coming, but well, its magic. How could I live with myself if I didn’t at least try? I just hope that I don’t get caught up in any drama, what with so few boys to go around a lot of witches are going to claw one another's eyes out to claim territory.”

“Understandable. Daphne told me in no uncertain terms that some women are literally going to grab me and try and have their way with me, maybe even in the hallways.”

She raised an eyebrow, giving me a calculating gaze.

“Well you are quite handsome, I didn’t know people could have silver eyes. But are you really complaining about that?”

I grinned.

“Depends what they look like of course. For instance I wouldn’t mind if you dragged me off to a broom closet.”

She blushed, turning back around to stomp down the hallway.

“I have no interest in joining a Coven. You think I want to be demeaned and have to share my significant other?”

“Not at all. We hardly know each other after all, you could end up being a crazy psycho who’ll cut off my balls if I kiss another girl. It was just a hypothetical drag and shag. Besides I’m not going to bond with a witch just because she gets in my pants. I’d actually have to like her.”

“So you’d sleep with girls even if they weren’t going to join your Coven? That’s a terrible thing to do your wives,” Hermione spat hotly.

“Oh trust me, I thought the same thing, it was actually Daphne that told me it was okay. Rather awkward conversation really.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, you can ask her once we're done if you want. She’s very knowledgeable about Covens and Magical Britain's politics. She’s a part of a very ancient house with an entire library filled with the subject”

I hid my smirk as Hermione whipped her head back to look at me, eyes glowing with interest.

“Really? You think she’d answer my questions? I know I can prattle on sometimes.”

“I don’t think she’d have an issue. She enjoys honest questions and the desire for knowledge.”

When I first came to this world I made a list of Harry Potter characters I wanted in my Coven. At the time there was still a lot I needed to learn about the world, but the list had only grown with time. From the very beginning however, Hermione was one of the names on that list. Her most annoying trait being the SPEW thing, but also, it is slavery so yeah.

She was not top of the list though, not even my glorious Daphne had been the number one draft pick for the Coven at the beginning. Sadly I wouldn’t see Luna Lovegood until next year. Who wouldn’t love a girl like her?

“I smell him.”

“Okay, show me, but don’t scare him off.”

“Hiss hiss hiss,” Nessy mocked.

That was the equivalent of blah blah blah.

“Got him,” I said to Hermione.

Nessy slithered on the ground toward a corner of the hall. A part of the wall was uncovered to show a hole.

“In there.”

Sticking your hand into a hole in the wall never seemed like a good idea. Tentatively I reached in, ready for it to be bit. Instead I felt the rough texture of a slimy toad.

I squeeked, my face flushing when I realized what it was. Pulling the toad out I stood, coughing to try and cover my embarrassment.

“Bit jumpy huh?” Hermione asked with a smirk.

“Just more of a snake guy, believe it or not they are not nearly as slimy as Griffindors would like you to believe.”

“Uh huh.”

“But you screamed when we first met too,” Nessy said.

“Shh.”

“Now lets get this back to its owner.”

I followed Hermione back further down the halls away from where I had been sitting. She opened the compartment to show a very non-chubby pathetic Neville Longbottom. Neville was tall, with broad shoulders, a muscular frame and an easy, friendly smile.

“Hermione! You found Trevor, thank Merline I got so worried when I couldn’t find him on the other side of the train. Hello there, I’m Neville Longbottomm,” the young man said, holding out his hand.

“Reigis Gaunt,” I replied, shaking it.

“I thought so. From what I heard there’s five of us this year. You, me, Ronald Weasley, Terry Boot, and Draco Malfoy.”

“What about muggleborns?”

“Not that I know of,” he said a bit warily.

“Hmm, it's gonna be awkward for whoever has to double up then. Or maybe a House won’t have any boys.”

“True enough. Most of my family has been Gryffindors, and so have the Weasleys. Then again, Malfoys are usually as well, and Gaunts have a Slytherin Legacy. From what I know Boot will be in Ravenclaw.”

“Thought so family of researchers and all that,” I said moving to the side so Hermione could set Trevor down.

“Want to sit with us?” Neville asked.

“Nah, I got some fiance’s to get back to.”

“Alright then, see you.”

“You too,” I then turned to Hermione, taking her hand gently and kissing the back of it in a way I knew would both annoy her and embarrass her. “If you want I could schedule a meeting between you and Daphne for any questions. Would have to wait for until after we settled into Hogwarts though.”

“U-uh sure… Can you let go of my hand?” She asked, pinched eyebrows and red cheeks on her face.

“Of course.”

As I walked down the hall back to my trio of beautiful girls I was happy that this world didn’t have a carbon copy of Hermione as she was at eleven only older physically. She actually had time to learn to control her sassiness and gain confidence she lacked in the early books.

There are 10 advanced chapters on pat reon. Co m / ironowl

Delete Spaces

Thank you for reading!

 

Leave a comment or review or whatever homie <3

 

44