Chapter 1 : Reincarnation
1k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Am I really dead?"

Earlier, after returning from work, I immediately went to my PC and started playing the MMORPG game 'Monsterland.'

But suddenly, my vision went dark. I didn't know what was happening, and my body felt immobile.

"I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!"

"DAMN, THERE'S SO MUCH I HAVEN'T DONE IN THE REAL WORLD YET!"

My body started falling to the floor quite hard, but it didn't hurt because it seemed like my consciousness was fading, and my limbs couldn't move.

I could only keep screaming inside me, "I don't want to die."

"No..."

"I'm dead?"

Those were my last words before my consciousness disappeared. A tremendous regret indeed. I had devoted so much of my time to work and gaming, not leaving much time for other things like finding a partner or spending time with family.

I hadn't even seen my little sister yet, and I still had a promise to get her something.

"Darn it!"

There's no point in anger right now; it's too late, and I have regrets.

"Everything's over."

My vision is still dark right now, and I can't even move my other body parts, but I don't feel any pain.

Painless death is something to be thankful for. It reminds me of soldiers instantly dying when hit by bullets in war.

"Hm?"

I suddenly feel like my body is lying on a very soft and comfortable bed - like a luxurious bed. I never remembered having such a comfortable bed before; it's truly extraordinary.

It's like I want to sleep forever, but I decide not to; there's something important I have to do now.

In a hurry, I lift my body and manage to get up from the bed. I raise both of my hands in front of my eyes and look at them for a moment.

"Is this the afterlife?"

The afterlife – it's a thought that crosses my mind for now. My hands look pale white like a corpse, further convincing me.

"What is this?"

Strands of hair are falling onto the bed, and I see a mirror nearby. I immediately go to the mirror to see my appearance.

Something that makes me wonder, 'If this is the afterlife, why is there such a comfortable bed here?'

The afterlife shouldn't provide any sensations to its inhabitants, including comfort and softness; that's what I read in a book from someone who had a near-death experience. This isn't the afterlife, then what is it?

"Hm!?"

"HMMMMMM!!!????"

"WHAT!!!??"

I see my reflection in the mirror, and I'm extremely shocked, truly shocked. My heart is beating faster, and my breath is slightly heavy from the surprise.

"Alice Vasilissa!?"

Long hair as white as snow, and eyes like ruby stones. A reasonably ideal body, tall enough, and a sinister face.

Wearing clothes that resemble a ruler's attire, all in black with many ancient patterns in yellow and a standing collar.

On each of my fingers, there are rings, each with various functions, one of which is to buff my stats, and several other rings have different effects.

Then, on the lower part of my body, there are black pants and shoes that seem to blend with my pants. This is the casual attire of Alice Vasilissa, the custom character I created in the MMORPG game Monsterland.

The confusion and astonishment right now merge into one, making my face appear quite pale, and I can see my pale face in the mirror. I've read some fantasy novels, and those who are reincarnated or sent to another world often seem quite delighted.

Unlike them, I'm genuinely still confused and very surprised. I even keep imagining my family on Earth and my little sister.

At the very least, I wanted to see them one last time before dying in that world, but I couldn't.

"Damn!"

I then shook my head and stared at the mirror. If this is my second life, I must not have any regrets.

Absolutely no regrets! I have to live my life to the fullest and do what I love well.

Suddenly, a question popped into my head.

"If this is really Alice Vasilissa, can I use magic and skills?"

The room is quite dark at the moment, illuminated only by candlelight, but I can see very clearly, as if I'm seeing everything in broad daylight.

This is my private room inside my private base. Typically, every player in Monsterland is required to create a private base with functions for storing materials, treasures, weapons, cooking, resting, and more.

Players can customize their bases as they wish. It's one of the interesting features of Monsterland, and private bases have different levels.

Anyway, I should at least try to use magic if I've truly become Alice Vasilissa.

"[Small Light]"

From my index finger, a small light appears, indicating that I've successfully cast a spell. Because my vision is unaffected by darkness, Small Light is useless to me.

However, this spell would be very useful for new players in Monsterland because the nights in the game are very dark, especially if you're underground, in a dungeon, or in a cave. So, illumination spells are essential for novice players.

After successfully casting the spell, I smiled. I'm becoming more certain that I've reincarnated as Alice Vasilissa, the custom character I truly cherish. Not in a romantic sense, but Alice Vasilissa is the best custom character I've created.

I gaze at the mirror once again.

"Thank you for accompanying me throughout my time in Monsterland. I'm sorry for becoming you for now, but our journey begins now."

I bid farewell because I've become Alice Vasilissa at this moment.

"[Teleport]"

My body instantly disappears, leaving only a gust of wind in my room. I teleport to the roof of my private base, which resembles a quite tall tower.

Upon arrival, I immediately see an incredibly beautiful night scene, truly breathtaking to the point where I appear motionless, filled with awe.

"This..."

Countless stars sprinkle the sky like grains of sand, making the night sky appear brighter. The moon, quite large, is also clearly visible.

The beauty is so profound that I feel like shedding tears; it's a world truly free from pollution!

My body trembles in response to this beauty.

The sounds of forest insects are also heard very clearly, preventing the atmosphere from being completely silent. I kneel down and can't believe I'm seeing a sky this beautiful.

Compared to my previous world, it's like comparing the beauty of a crow to that of a peacock. I couldn't even see the moon in my previous world because it was obscured by pollution from numerous industries, factories, and vehicles.

"It's incredibly beautiful, like a gem, even more beautiful."

32