11. Love in Quarry
160 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Always support me on Tapas and Webnovel

 

A doctor is checking my condition. He is the friend of my father, Sullivan Cascandra.

"There is no indication of bone break. It's fine, it's just a small swollen. Take this ointment and it will eventually be healed." Said the doctor.

This is... A dream. A dream when I was still eight years old. At that moment, I got to fight with other kids in my school. They push me and I get hurt.

My father approached me and asked. "What did you do honey?" Asked him gently to me while stroking my hair.

"I just told him that his father cheated." Said me without any hesitation.

Yeah, that's me back then. Ignorance, get annoyed easily... Even now, I am still embarrassed to talk about it.

"Huh? What did you say?" Said my father a bit confused.

I look at him while pouting. "I said, I told him that his father cheated." Said me with a louder voice.

(How did she even know that?) -Sullivan

(I don't want in the middle of a family) -Doctor leaving.

I look away. He stared at me. That's the time I was annoyed because he didn't ask me directly and just thought about it. However...

(Let's go home) -Sullivan

"Okay..." Said me with a low voice while looking down.

I turn my head to my father. He is shocked. At that time, I didn't know that my father was shocked because I answered him without him saying anything.

He grabs my shoulder and smiles at me gently. He moves his mouth and thinks.

(Wanna go to a family restaurant?)

With a bright smile, I answer him. "Yeah! Let's go!"

I run outside this house. The doctor is not just his friend but our neighbor too. That's why I know how to get back to my home.

The doctor appears behind my father. "Hey Ivan, your daughter." Said him.

Why should I know this scenery? Because at that time, I couldn't or maybe that time I didn't have Overwrite ability. It is just like reading a cloud message in the comic. It appears and moves. Whenever I see it, it will display the name of the thought.

The scenery started to disappear...

That's the end of my dream.

...

Sigh* What a dream this morning.

"Good morning."

I look at the person near me. It's Tohru.

"Wah!!"

I was surprised to look at her this morning. I mean what? why? and just how? Looking around I found what had happened, my lock was broken. And my phone is destroyed.

"My phone!!!"

I jump from the bed and take my ruined phone. I-It can't be used again... My balance... "My balance!!!!"

"Hey, hey, don't make a fuss in the morning." Said her calmly.

I look at her with an angry and annoyed face. "HOW CAN I NOT MAKE FUSS WITH THIS!!!!!??" Said me while showing my ruined phone.

Ahhhhh... The A.I. I worshipped a while ago has already been called to heaven... It's just technology though.

She walked at me slowly and crouched. "It's okay, it will be back soon." Said her smiling at me while stroking my hair.

It makes me annoyed. With all of my reflexes, I hug her and dive into fluffy things.

"What are you doing?" Said her staring at me sharply.

"Could you not see I relaxed my stress out?" Said me between these fluffy things.

She grabbed my head and took it out. "Listen, girl... The class already started and I am here to wake you up." Said her firmly.

Huh?

She releases my head and pulls out her phone. 09.00 A.M.

She stood up and left my room.

"... Okay."

Should I bathe? Nope... Should I go to school? I won't mess with my twisted teacher so let's just go with normal daily life.

After taking a bath, eating, and changing my clothes, I go to my class.

(That's convenient to walk to class whenever you want.)

(The woman before is leaving her class right?)

(I envy of them.)

Nevermind...

I open my classroom door and they are playing some game.

"Oh, there is it our normal girl." Said Yulia while holding some cards in her hand.

Geraldine put on her card and said. "Full house."

"That's good news to me." Said Nexus.

"Sorry, but my full house is king." Said Linda showing her card to Geraldine.

She shocked.

"How about you Yulia?" Ask Nexus.

"Me? Unfortunately, it's my loss." Said her while holding a pair of aces.

What's this? Gambler school?

"Come on! Don't just stand up Nina. We still have a seat for you." Said Alice with a bright smile.

Looking at our teacher with the bunny suit makes me think again... Going to class is a bad choice.

Tiara, Radiant, and Yuna are not here and on this floor too. Sigh* Card game can't hurt me so... I simply accept her offer.

"Then, I will-"

"Don't worry, I already know it." Said me cutting her phrases.

This is not poker. It's called Trade Poker. We will be given five cards and show one of the cards to trade with a random card our opponent had. The problem is, we can't see the result we get of trading our card.

Seven players, 35 cards.

Geraldine raised her hand. "Wait! How could a mind reader join this game? She will cheat!"

She has a point. I can use this ability to make gambling industries go bankrupt.

I stood up and said. "Fine then.".

"Eh? Am I worsening the mood?" Said her confused.

"It's fine Geraldine, I just want to take a walk around." Said me while leaving.

I close the door and am relieved. It's better not to enter this class anymore.

"Ehm!! For S-class, you shall go inside the classroom."

What!? I open the door again and see Alice holding a mic. Noticing me, she waved her hand.

...

Alice hit the table with her hands. "Okay! I will continue the lesson." Said her while looking at us.

Huh? Is that paper already an exam for us? So why we should study again?

"As you know, our first-semester theme is love. So, what is love?" Said her with a loud but fun voice.

Her way of talking is weird and the weirder is no one of us thinking about it.

She started to pose bizarrely and pointed me with her finger. "Nina?!"

"Sigh* Love is lust and lust is love." Said me flat.

"Linda?" She pointed to Linda now.

"For our merit." Said her firmly.

What a mindset... That's the noble girl for you.

She pointed to Yulia. She didn't even say anything now.

"Lure, Operation, Vow, Eternity." Said her flat too.

She stopped her pose and said. "That's not love but the process of marriage." Said her flat.

"You should take the operation after vow." Said Linda firmly.

"Oh my, is there anything to do with us?" Ask Tiara softly.

No, even if you soften your voice, it doesn't change the meaning of your words.

Alice was silent a bit and changed her way of talking.

"Fine, you want to know? Love is one of our carnal instincts. Without it, we are already extinct. And... We are women. The part of those beasts."

I don't know why her face gets darker than before. The way she talked, made me feel chill and scared.

"But, Love should have a reason. If not, it is just an Obligation Disposed. Because we are beasts whether humans accept it or not." Said her casually yet intimidating.

She walked to my desk. Her hand moves on the table to my face.

"So what's about you?" Said her while tilting her head near my face.

Scary, scary, scary!

Didn't realize, my leg was trembling until now.

Her head slowly approached my ears. She whispers at me so close. "Don't be so scared." Said her casually but appealing. This is like my sister pleading with me to do something lewd. Of course, I refused.

Should I refuse it and get scared?

"Don't bully our dear friend..." Said Tiara glancing at Alice.

She stood back and said. "Of course, I won't yet."

Yet... Sigh*

The lesson goes on until noon. We just talking about love. Definition, fetishes, and what should we do if we are in love.

There are some break characters at that moment like Geraldine said.

"What should you do if you are in love?" Said Alice.

And Geraldine said. "Worship him/her."

I thought she was a pure idol... What a shame... She just thought her fans were her servants.

Again... I walk alone to our house.

"Hey!! Nina!!"

The one who shouted to me from behind was Hilde.

"It's fine, you should not steal the information from the office." Said me while remembering what I asked her for.

"But! This is hard to get. Do you want to swallow your own word?!" Said her getting annoyed while raising her hand with a flash disk.

I turn back and look at her face. "Sigh* the truth is, the solution of making them stand below the rule can't even be imagined." Said me trying to be pessimistic.

"You should try it before you say it." Said her trying to be optimistic.

"So that's why, I can't accept your offer." Said me with a sigh.

I am not the type to suck people's money by constantly lying to them. It makes me feel bad and tired.

"Adios." Said me leaving.

(Okay then, I thought that we could be a friend below the same rule. It seems you are the same as other Lordeca. Arrogant.)

I take a deep breath. Sorry, my mind is enough for this.

That may be the time I regret my decision. At that time I didn't know how important that flash disk was for me in the future.

5