23. Linda The Noble (3)
60 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me on Tapas and Webnovel

 

I don't know if I am sure should ask that but... I am curious. It's not my concern... It's not about me... And yet why I am curious about it? Is Yulia already influenced me?!

"Noble, it's not what you think about." Said her still with a gloomy and sad face.

Don't know why... Lordeca have a story behind their character. But, after hearing her words just now... It makes me doubt the quality of this story. I think this will be cliche like... I am bored in this lonely and confined castle. I want to be like normal people, laughing, having some friends, going together to school... Like that right?

"Let's stop in the garden of flowers." Said her while smiling at me.

This island has two parts. The lowest part and the highest part. In the highest part, there is Waterboom, our three-building school, our house, a dorm for students, a field, a garden, a laundry house, a cafeteria, a library, and the first mall. In the lowest part, there is a beach, the second mall, a game zone, an activity room, and a harbor. There is an Outdoor time zone too that took place together in the highest and lowest part.

The garden is not that far away from our house, it's in front of the main building.

Oh! It seems we have our private flower room.

While sitting on the white chair. "I don't know that there is a place like this." Said me amazed at how well-maintained these flowers and their smell. So natural and calm. Somehow, it makes me feel like I am together with nature itself.

"It's good, really." Said Linda while sitting on the chair. Look how she sits on there. Her straight body, shoulder up a bit, head position straight to my face, and emotionless face was cold like Antarctica.

While looking at her I wondered how is her life until now. Was it normal for her? Or was it bothering her? Or maybe both?

After a while of silent moment, one maid comes into this greenhouse. Literally, this is not just a green color but there are so many colors of flowers inside this greenhouse.

She brings a teacup and a teapot. Its smell while she pours that tea makes me feel calm and relaxed. Is this how noble entertain their guest? Or it's just this greenhouse theme? Which one, I don't know. But, I don't really care about it. The scenery of a maid and noble lady in front of me is enough to make me want to draw them and permanently install them in the museum. The title would be Noble D. Flamboyant. That's a bit cringe.

"Um... What now?" Asked me curious why she brought me here.

"What would you want to hear first? The fake story or the real one." Said her after sipping the green tea. Her movement is well-mannered, which makes me feel uncomfortable to sip the tea.

"Maybe, the fake one?" Said me while feeling awkward near her.

"Then, let's start about it. Once upon a time, there was a person named Cinderella..."

She was serious about it. She proves that if she is in lying mode she will do it seriously. She even told all the plot!!

"Then, let's continue to the conspiracy theory about-"

"Wait! Wait! Okay, the real one." Said me cutting her words to prevent her from wasting any of my time... Wait, If I think about it again, is it good right? I am just sitting here and calmly hearing her story. Even if that is fake, I still can enjoy Cinderella.

"This is a story about one little girl. For her family and her friend." Said her starting to gloomy and sad again.

I didn't even know how to react to it. It's just... The setup is broken from the start. I can't even get any sympathy feeling through it. Can I just go home?

"On second thought, I didn't have an obligation to tell you my past." Said her before sipping her tea.

I hit the table with my palm. "So what's the point?" Asked me to get a bit annoyed.

"Sure, there is a meaning for this. Doesn't the quiet and calm environment make you feel more relaxed?" Said her while looking around the flowers inside this greenhouse.

She's right for that but not for the... Maybe... She's right. I just need more relaxation. Until now, all the events that happened to me made me feel tension and pressure from other people.

A quiet and peaceful place, this is not that bad. While sipping my tea, I noticed that she smiled a bit. She looks calm and beautiful while sipping that tea. It's a bit late for me to be aware of that. If I were a boy, this place would be full of my heart beating quickly.

(Why is that different?) -Tiara

Huh? The question before an explanation? Were they already spying on me from some moment ago?!

(That's different, your method is like forcing her to do what you want. But, her method is a realization.) -Nexus

(That's why, her love meter increased that many.) -Eluthya

"It seems our fellow Lordeca are spying on us again." Said me while I kept hearing her from far away.

"Humm? Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't your ability can't take that wide range?" Asked her gently after putting down her cup.

"O-Of course, I have a condition to be able to do that. The condition is that no one talking nor thinking near me." Said me trying to explain how my ability works.

"I see, thank you for your information. I really appreciate it." Said her while smiling at me.

What bumm... If you truly appreciate it then you should tell me the truth. Uh... That way of thinking makes me feel annoyed. But, Nexus is right, she didn't force me or do something terrible to me. Even without intimidation too. But, If I get too cocky, there is still a chance that she will use that way. Why? Intimidation works well on me but why didn't she use it? Whatever her reason, that should be appreciated. Maybe... If it's just a friend to talk to, I am okay with it.

I stand up and walk behind Linda. I touch her shoulder.

She is fidgeting while thinking about what will I do to her. Her body is warm and... A bit stiff. She asked me if this quiet and calm environment made me feel relaxed but she didn't feel it the same as me, Hypocrite.

"Umm... C-Could you release your hand...? It's quite hot on my neck." Said her.

Hot? Her face is getting more red than usual. Huh? Is she blushing?

After knowing that she is blushing, I quickly release my hand from her shoulder. Wow, Nina, you said that you didn't have any reason to fall in love with them but you just created a reason for them to fall in love with you.

"S-Sorry, I take it overboard." Said me while stroking my hand behind my back.

(What a brave movement came from Nina.) -Tohru

(Is she pretending to be shy?) -Tiara

(Nah, hold your grudge, Tiara.) -Nexus

Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale...

"Y-Your ears quite red huh?" Said me teasing her again.

"P-Please, you f-flatter me."

You are already flattered though. Is she not used to something like this? Just how blind this boy to not flirting with her? Or maybe, I am just that stupid to flirt in front of a noble lady.

I sit back in my seat and ask her. "You are a noble lady, from where?"

She exhaled her breath and started to talk. "You already told me about you then, it's rude for me to not tell you one.

After drinking her tea until it is empty, she starts to talk.

"Ever heard about the Toska Kingdom?" 

I am shocked. Is it her from that Toska Kingdom?

"Wait, don't tell me you are that king's sole daughter." Said me guessing her past.

"Not that high."

Okay, my expectations are too high.

"I am just... You know, his illegitimate child." Said her.

That's... Don't know why but, it's not make me amazed or shocked a bit. It's just... pity. So, the news about the king having one princess is a made-up story. Her presence is the same as she didn't belong to that family.

Toska Kingdom, the one of three big kingdoms in the Asia Continent. Their culture is like the middle age of Europe but with some modern stuff blended with it. Because of that, they believe that someone who violates the culture will get punishment from god. Their way of thinking is a bit dull but effective. Because they blend it with modern and science.

The most open-minded kingdom in the world. The Toska Kingdom even gets its title as 'Twelve Stars Kingdom' because many cultures are set and born in that kingdom.

But, it turns out this story will be like opera soup. Maybe, the next time I hear this story I will bring popcorn from the mall.

3