29. The King Answer
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Always support me on Webnovel Te he~

 

The wind is so refreshing. Not to mention there is nothing here. Maybe, I am just too emotional with that. What if in the end I or one of you fall in love with me? This is just a theme that the school set on this semester. Sigh* Maybe, I should skip the dinner this time.

...

"So? What happened with that girl?" Yulia asked after eating her food.

While cleaning the table, Tiara looks at Nina's plate full of food. "I hope she didn't take it inside her heart."

While looking at Tiara's worried face, Radiant tried to cheer her up. "Don't worry, she should be fine." Said her with a smile.

Tiara looks at Radiant with a gentle smile. "You should smile at her too."

"Oh good, so there is one of us who has fallen in love already." Said Tohru with a sigh.

Yuna fidgeted a bit. "Is it okay to-"

"That's okay, she seems on the beach now. Judge from her range, her ability is not that overpowering like Laplace demon." Said Nexus cutting Yuna's words.

While carrying all the plates, she said with a serious face. "You should consider her feelings too."

"I agree with her. Someone in need should be in demand, not the opposite." Said Eluthya trying to help Tiara.

"In demand..." Linda muttering.

"I am glad you understand, cheating material." Said Tiara while smiling at her concern about Nina.

She was stunned for a moment and continued to help Tiara anyway. "I am glad if you won't call me like that."

"Thanks to Linda and Nexus." Said Tiara while leaving the dinner table.

Eluthya follows Tiara from behind. The others just look at them leaving to the kitchen and washing those plates together.

"Could you tell me why is so natural to let Tiara cook?" Asked Nexus wondering the reason while looking at others.

Radiant stood up and went to her room. Therefore, Yuna and Linda seem not interested in answering that question and go to hot spring water.

"Want to get attention?" Said Geraldine acting cutely.

Tohru seems uncomfortable with her answer. "It's only you."

"Te he~"

"Cringe." Said Nexus with her weird face while looking at Geraldine.

Yulia stood up and said to Nexus. "Don't ask the question with an obvious answer."

Yulia leaves the living room to her room leaving Tohru, Nexus, and Geraldine.

...

I open the door to our house. The light is still on in the living room. Maybe, because I am the last one then I should be the one who turns it off. The switch is below the stairs. After turning it off, I go to my room.

Ah... Tiara still made my food and put it on my small table on the floor. I really appreciate it.

(huh?) -Tiara

She is still awake...

After eating the food, I am laying my body on the bed. Hope I will enjoy the theater the next day.

Not like before, she didn't wait for me until I woke up. The sunlight already hit my face. There is no point in breakfast right now. Sigh* Let's eat in the cafeteria or maybe in the canteen.

The living room was as quiet as before. No one here in the afternoon. I wonder what they always do at this time.

As always, the students are doing their activity. This is the weekend after all. The cafeteria is near the Library. That reminds me that Nexus always brought books inside our house. Are they from the Library? If that's right, Didn't she tired to carry all those things?

In the cafeteria, Yuna and Eluthya are eating and talking to each other. I should not interfere and maybe look for somewhere place.

Surprisingly, they have a burger here. And... It's A5 meat. Wasn't it overrated now? While looking for food in our class, all of the food with meat as the main dish is always in A5 grade. The truth is, I didn't really know what A5 meant. It's just I look at the cooking channel on television that A5 is stated as the highest grade in meat.

While carrying this pack of burgers, I am searching for a place to eat it. Outdoor Timezone is the perfect place! I raised my hand and grabbed this easy-recycle bag strongly. School with the richest person as the pioneer is the best!!

Outdoor Timezone, it's almost the same as the mall game section... Nah, it's not the same if the genres are all different. There is a climbing area, offroad area, cable car for transportation, indoor ski, and almost all of the outdoor activity areas there...

But, for enjoying this meal, the perfect vehicle is a cable car without any ceiling. It's dangerous but... I trust this island's security and safety.

While looking at the lowest part, I am thinking again about how big this island is. When I was still in the helicopter, I still could measure it with my finger but when I got on the island. Believe it or not, the cliff that separates the lowest part and the higher part is about 200 meters tall. The field with size of 12 football fields. And of course with a text Yur L' Ebian Highschool in Edwardian font. I still wonder why they created this big facility on this remote island. And what they told me about it... F-class. Just, what with that class? Human experiment? Is it illegal? Was the world involved in this thing?

Munch* munch* gulp*

I think I should do something about my situation right now... But, I didn't know what should I do. But... If I forgot then that's not important for me. Ah! Maybe, I should take this time to discuss this game and the whole situation with the pioneer. Let's do it after eating this lunch.

"Great to meet you~" Said Linda at the end of the cable car.

After throwing the burger pack and the bag into the trash bin, I asked her. "So? Where will we go?"

While looking at me, she's bit fidgeting a bit.

"What's wrong?" Asked me curious. It's rare for her to feel nervous in front of me.

She bowed her head and said. "S-Sorry... For my mistake... I didn't consider your feelings."

Don't get carried away Nina, she said that it meant there is something happened when I was alone on the beach. The cable car guard gave me some tissue to wipe my hands. Of course, I received it with a gentle smile and a 'thanks' word.

She still bowed her head waiting for my forgiveness. Heh! Should I refuse to believe her apology?

"Sigh* No need to worry, I am not that angry." Said me and left the area.

I didn't look back. That's why, I didn't recognize Linda's face while she looking at me.

I heard her step come closer. Her soft yet firm voice whispered near my ears. "Where should we go?"

Faint, but still firm. Nothing wrong with that, it's just rare she didn't feel quite energetic like before. She seems excited for a moment when we are inside the greenhouse. She gave giving a relaxed and calm vibe when I was around her. But now, it's nothing like that again.

Huh? Don't know why, I feel Nexus's presence. Ah... There is she, looking at me from the start of a cable car with that binocular. I try to wave at her and she waves back at me. The range is too far away. I wonder about her comment on our situation right now. But... I am still wondering how they can gather information without hearing it. Ah! That's right... If she could do Lip reading, then of course.

"Are we going to the usual place?" Asked Linda still nervous.

"Nah, let's just stroll around waiting for the theater to start." Said me tired of this repetitive event.

The theater starts after the sun sets down. To be detailed, it is held at nine p.m.

What will they choose to entertain us? Icarus story? But, this is on the island not in the ship.

And yeah, it's just us strolling around this island without any purpose. Linda seemed to want to talk but she prevented it. And the time of the theater has begun...

Surprisingly, the students here are so many more than I thought. I thought that students from fifteen to eighteen years didn't like this kind of theater story. Maybe because, I usually read normal people's mind which are usually full of comic, novel, and soap opera in their mind make me think that anybody at this age usually likes those kinds of thing. This made me learn something new.

The curtain has opened... The audience is silent for a moment, waiting for them to perform in the theater.

Ah... This story is about the goddess in Greek myths, Aphrodite...

"..."

Aphrodite: "Why? Why did you betray me?!"

Ares: "Betray you? I never said that you one the only one who I love!"

Aphrodite: "Curse you!!"

Narrator: "Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, cursed herself to obtain her true love on the earth realm. Unfortunately, she will never get her true love eternally. The end."

Wow... While looking at the theater with a surprised face. I am thinking about something similar to this. Is it just a generic villainess story?!

Huh?! And the audience's reactions make me even more surprised. Come one girl... This is normal in my place. Didn't you know about comics in this genre? Or maybe you are just so focused on study that you never knew how the outside world works?

"Didn't you have a feeling?" Asked Linda beside me while wiping the tears in her eyes.

"Me? Oh good, this kind of story had already been a generic genre in my country." Said me wondering why they fall off their tears while looking at this performance.

After wiping her tears. She said to me. "I didn't understand you. In front of a sad story you laugh, when someone tells you a lie you believe it, and whenever you get intimidated you will do something funny to loosen the mood."

Those words, make me a bit angry. Just who is she evaluating my personality as she pleases? Someone once told me that 'your silence is your gold'. If you didn't know someone then you should shut your mouth.

"You quite hate it, aren't you?" Asked her.

I bet she already knows it when her phone gives the signal.

"Sorry but, the Mandela effect will not influence me any further." Said me stirring the conversation.

"Maybe... Because of the 'normal' difference between us that makes you feel separated." Said her with her worried face.

"So? Is it the racist time?" Asked me getting a bit annoyed with that words.

"Hmm..." She looks away. I don't know why but, her face changed to a sad-looking face. "You know? Why is a male lying to his girlfriend?"

That's so random. While looking away, I answer it. "It's because he wants to defend himself."

"Then, I will change the question. Why is a gentleman lying to his fiance?" Said her while looking at me.

I look at her. She looks at me seriously. "Because..." I was confused to answer it. It's not relatable to me. Fiance?

"It's because there is something involved behind that marriage." Said Linda turning her head away.

That makes me more confused. What was her intention to ask that question?

"So?"

She looks at me. This is... It feels like I should answer it carefully... Why should I care anyway?

"What will you choose?"

I don't want to act foolish by asking her such a dumb question like 'Are you referring to the theater character?' To begin with, she didn't give me the options. Then, I will answer it without the question involved with it.

"I will choose myself."

"So, you just want to look after us?" Asked her while looking away.

"Yeah."

(It seems this is your final answer. Then, I shall respect your decision. Next day, I will not interfere with you again.) -Linda

"So? Tomorrow, are we already become enemies?" Asked me with a serious tone.

She stood up. "No need, just follow your heart. Because you are a normal person and wanted to be one of them. The Noble would not be able to feel it. And the same as you, because you are a normal person then you wouldn't understand me."

Of course, how could I understand you without you talking about it? Two people, two weeks, and two lies. This place, was the place where I didn't have a relative and partner. Leading my path alone without caring about other opinions.

Sigh* Let's just wait next week.

2