33. The Last Thing Her Friend Could Do
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Always support me on Webnovel

 

 

"Rest, huh?"
Indeed, it's necessary, but for some reason, I didn't agree with her decision. Ruri did tell me that, but I just didn't feel like doing it.

(Huh? What's one of the Lordeca doing here?)

Oh! It's been a while since I heard their thoughts.

Lately, they've stopped admiring us. Or maybe it's just me being narcissistic, but whatever it is, my abilities are still limited. I'm a bit disappointed in myself; maybe I should learn to lie more.

Exploring this island is a great and fun idea, I thought. But for some reason, I'm starting to get bored with this daily routine. A month and two weeks, well... It's not a long time. However, I'm not the type to have fun playing online games or anything like that. My daily life with my sister, making costumes for her and forcing her to wear them. After that, she asked for a reward. Initially, it was just a hug, but for some reason, over time, her requests became more lewd.

Well, I don't really mind. It's not like something is lost anyway.

So, go back home, or go out again? I decided to go home because there wasn't much I could do on my own. I knew that, but I couldn't help but look at the park and the greenhouse. It's where Linda and I used to have private conversations... Well, not so private if you counted the servants. After the incident on the drama stage, I hadn't seen her again. I hoped she hadn't taken it to heart. I was going to observe and stay silent. That was my decision... No, maybe it's just me trying to justify it. "There's nothing wrong with making a decision." That's not true. If someone interferes with this decision, I'll vehemently oppose it.

Enough of that. After walking for a while, I arrived in front of our house, where Lordeca stayed on this island. Slowly, I opened the door. The smell of roasted meat filled the air. Nexus and Yulia were sitting on the sofa, playing chess. Tiara, on the other hand, was humming while cooking. Should I join them? They were some of the few who felt normal to me, meaning they spoke casually and didn't offend me. I... maybe they just didn't want to incur my dislike because their lives were at stake.

I sighed, maybe I'll just talk to Tiara. Yulia noticed my presence and waved her hand at me, saying, "Hey! Chess?" Her tone was challenging. Maybe she still couldn't accept being defeated by me.

"I need to inform you that I won't be using my ability anymore."

(You're underestimating me?) - Yulia

"No, no, it's just that I've made a vow," I replied while shaking my head.

Nexus, with a mocking tone, said, "Alright, alright. You can tell her she's not smart enough for you to use your ability."

I immediately said, "Don't provoke both of us."

"Hey! I'm the one provoked here!"

She seemed a little angry, and it showed in her slightly pouting cheeks. Tiara arrived with a plate of roast turkey that looked delicious. Noticing my gaze on the food on the plate, Tiara said, "Ah! Darling~ Want me to prepare some food for you? Take a bath? Or..."

I immediately interrupted the rest of her statement. "I just want to rest. Are there instant noodles?"

She glanced at another spot. Was she disappointed? She nodded and said there was a box full of instant noodles in the lower cabinet. Then she went to the table surrounded by the sofa in the living room.

Without expressing gratitude, Yulia and Nexus continued with their meal. I tried to cook instant noodles, and after it was done, I headed to my room.

Before that, I was stopped by Tohru on the stairs.

"Nina, do you have a moment?"

"Huh?" I glanced at the instant noodles in my hand.

She responded, "Never mind; you can eat in my room."

I just nodded and followed her. I could hear the creaking sound of the wooden floor on the second floor. Tohru's room was on the northern part of the second floor, while mine was to the west.

After Tohru unlocked his room, the scent of flowers filled the air. Even the strong scent of instant noodles couldn't overpower it. Reflexively, I sneezed because the fragrance was a bit overwhelming.

Tohru noticed that and said, "Come in, you'll get used to it."

She unfolded a folding table located under the study table and placed it on the floor, which had a round pink carpet.

I placed the bowl of instant noodles on the table that Tohru had set up. Seeing me sit down, she also sat on the carpet.

"It's not usual for people to be comfortable with this pungent aroma," she mumbled.

"I'm just being polite," I replied.

Nevertheless, I was in someone else's room. If I acted impolite, eviction would be the only outcome. I asked for permission to eat, and she allowed me. She began to talk to me while I ate.

She turned towards me. "Tomorrow is my turn."

I choked on my food in surprise.

I paused for a moment and replied, "Then? You didn't hear from Linda?"

I was puzzled. Where is she? Did she want to be found? Or what does she expect from me? I've already given my answer, and it would be rude if she didn't respect it. She must be talking to Radiant out there.

"Who knows, just ask the steward," I said while slurping my instant noodles.

"Linda will get angry if she sees you talking while eating," she said, resting her head on the table.

She seemed bored here. "So, what?"

"That's it."

I stared into her eyes. Huh? Is that it? Then what was the point of me coming here? Or...

"Aren't you lonely?" I teased her.

She pushed her head up and walked over to the bed. "Lonely? Perhaps. After all... Besides them, there's no one equal to us."

Equal, huh? "If you refer to equality as someone who frequently cheats like me, that's a big mistake."

She turned to me. "At least, you can still be honest."

Equal? Yes... "If you consider equality with someone who often cheats like me, that's a big mistake."

She looked at me with her eyes. "If you consider equality with someone who often cheats like me, that's a big mistake."

What on earth is she talking about? If you suddenly smile like that, I feel guilty here.

"Hey, I apologize for everything I did," I said, blushing slightly.

She was surprised and woke up from her bed. "Huh? Oh, yes."

Huh? Her reaction...

"You don't think I'm a rude person, do you?"

"Yes, I thought you were a rude person."

Wow, she answered right in front of me. I thought she was going to look for answers or steer the conversation. Well, the problem with Tohru is resolved. Maybe Radiant is next? Upon further consideration, she was a rude person who didn't even tell me where I was wrong. They should learn to be honest.

(Your eyes are reddening, why?) -Yulia

"Hey!"

H-Huh? When I realized, Tohru was waving her hand at me.

"D-Did I look like a statue?" I asked, a little nervous.

Both of her eyelids opened wider than usual.

"Oh, so that's how it is."

She then stood up and looked outside.

"Let me guess, what Yulia said was 'Are you crying,' right?" She said, a bit surprised by the new information.

No! She didn't say that. Stop looking at me with those shining eyes and that proud face. Should I lie? No, she's too sharp.

I sighed. "No, she said, 'Why are your eyes red.'"

She looked at me. Then she looked down. She turned and entered her room.

"So, you can hear other people's words from a distance too," she muttered while walking to my side.

The instant noodles I ate were now gone from my stomach. Maybe it's time for me to go to my room.

"Of course, that's why they're so noisy," I replied, slightly annoyed.

She just stared at me. I picked up my bowl and left her room.

"Wait!"

I turned and just smiled. "People who pry into others' privacy shouldn't assume rudeness at their convenience."

She fell silent, not knowing what to say. I hope that statement will discourage her from meddling with others. And, of course, for me tomorrow.

As I descended the stairs, I noticed Linda's eyes were slightly red, and her eye bags were slightly reddish. Huh? Did she cry? Don't tell me... because of me!!? Ah-ha... I could only stand still. I realized how temperamental Radiant was just a few days ago. And I'm sure because Linda and Radiant showed up, almost 99% that Linda told Radiant, and she cried. I don't know why she cried. Was I too rude? Or... I understand; I'm dealing with someone innocent. If that's the case... I have to face it with innocence too.

I stepped into the kitchen. And, as expected, Radiant shouted at me.

"You!! What did you do to her?!!"

Radiant, she was indeed temperamental. But, it seems she can be this angry. Few will express their anger within my parents' circle of friends. They prefer to control themselves and be polite so as not to offend. But behind their backs, they will scoff at the people they don't like. Worse, they do it simultaneously, which eventually leads to gossip. I don't understand why people can't be patient when it's just a small issue and a misunderstanding. And yeah, people who believe that a bias like a misunderstanding and pretend not to know are, in my opinion, the definition of foolish. That's why I try to be honest.

"Sure, I didn't expect her to cry like that."

Radiant stood up startled. Our faces met closely after that. I tried to ignore her, but she grabbed my hand tightly. Oops! The bowl! With her left hand, she caught the bowl I accidentally dropped because of her pull. Quite skillful.

"Explain what you did."

Her eyes looked at me full of anger. I don't know what kind of relationship they have, but it's going too far in my opinion. If that's the case, let's see what her reaction is.

"Then? Who will pull your hand for me?"

She was shocked and then released my hand.

What I was talking about was a chain of grudges. I thought she was far from being rational and logical, but it turns out she can still understand. Indeed, Lordeca is a group of geniuses.

"I ask you once again, what do you mean she's questionable?"

"Oh? So? You're also questionable. Look at them, they don't move at all." I said while pointing to them.

(Are you brave, my child, even though your legs are vibrating like a cell phone?) -Yulia

Ugh... I don't want to be teased, especially by that person.

"Questionable, aren't you too!?"

She suddenly raised her voice. Even. (Huh? Are they fighting?) -Geraldine

Geraldine had to cancel her intention to open the door.

"No."

"Hah!?" She got angrier.

Unconsciously, her hands quickly approached me. She was going to hit me... But, a rope bound her, and Tiara swiftly kicked her chest and knocked her out.

Ugh!

Radiant instantly fainted.

"That's good enough," Yulia said, fascinated.

"Yeah, I admit that's pretty good," Nexus added as he untied the rope he had thrown to bind Radiant's hands before it reached me. If they were glaring at me after they hit me, they had solidarity. If they were just silent, it was just a game for them. And if they chose to stop Radiant before hitting me, it meant there was an agreement in it.

1