Set backs
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Filled with rage and disappointment, Jane rushed through the hotel lobby where her friend Tiana, who worked at the hotel, spotted Jane's boyfriend Michael getting a room with another girl. She arrived at the doorway and stood there for some time, contemplating her next move. A glimmer of hope lingered, wishing her friend had been mistaken and it wasn't her boyfriend inside the room embracing another woman. Lost in thought, she reflected on her past lovers, all of whom had brought her pain and setbacks in her life.

Jane: (whispering to herself) Why is it that every man I've been with ends up causing me pain and setbacks? Are they all liars, incapable of remaining loyal to one woman?

After gathering her thoughts, Jane calmed herself and discreetly used the key her friend had given her to unlock the door. As she opened the door, she witnessed Michael and the girl lying in bed, munching on snacks. The girl noticed Jane's presence and immediately confronted her with a confrontational tone.

Girl: Woah! Manners! Don't you know how to knock? I'll get you fired!

Michael, startled by Jane's sudden appearance, jumped up from the bed, visibly shaken.

Michael: Jane, what... what are you doing here? I can explain!

Jane found herself at a crossroads, unsure of how to react to the situation. Should she expend her energy pulling the girl's hair, questioning if it was her fault, or simply accepting that all men are deceitful? Lost in her thoughts, she stood there silently, contemplating her next move, while Michael pleaded for understanding.

Michael: It's not what it looks like, Jane! I love you! You're the only one for me. Please say something! You believe me, right?

The girl, realizing that the two of them knew each other, became confused by the situation and asked Michael a pressing question.

Girl: Wait! Who is she? Are you two-timing us?

Michael found himself trapped in an increasingly difficult situation.

Michael: No, she's uh... Jane. My... Can you please leave us for a second? I'll explain everything later.

Girl: What? Are you seriously asking me to leave right now?

Feeling the pressure build, Michael started to sweat. He realized that if he didn't make a decision soon and give up one of the girls, he would lose them both. The girl in bed with him was beautiful but offered nothing beyond that. Jane, on the other hand, worked at Swift, a big pharmaceutical company, and had a stable income. With that in mind, he decided to work things out and secure his relationship with Jane. He left the bed, ran to Jane, and dropped to his knees, begging for her forgiveness.

Michael: I don't know what I was doing, babe! She came and seduced me! You have to understand that I love you. It was just a momentary weakness. Please say something!

Jane remained silent, disappointment and disdain evident in her gaze. Michael continued to plead.

Michael: Baby, please! I love you! Remember that time I...

Jane finally came to a realization and interrupted Michael.

Jane: Michael, do me one thing for the sake of all the happy memories we made together. Please never come near me or talk to me again. I'm afraid of what I might do to you if we ever meet again.

The look in Jane's eyes conveyed her seriousness, leaving Michael no doubt that she meant what she said. Filled with shame and disappointment in himself, Michael dropped his head and fell silent. Jane turned around and left him there with the girl.

0