36: Not So Fast There Buddy
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The young man wore the well tailored black uniform of the Oper’saas military. Despite being dressed the part he looks anything but alert as he flips through pages of a book. His eyes only lazily look up from the pages regretfully as Ke’an and System approach and he looks loathingly at them. His attention quickly returns to the pages of his book as he pushes his glasses up on his nose.

“Entry permit. Fee is three kon.” The guard says from his booth not even looking up at them from his book. “What is your reason for your visit?”

“We are traveling so we will only be here for the night.” Ke’an says as he stealthily pulls out a leather bound silver seal from his inventory. “We are on our way to Fleysil.” A smile finds its way across his face. “If we could get an escort to the monastery so we could find lodging.” 

The young man stands up when he sees the seal of the Fleysil nobility. He throws his book behind himself as if it is hot coals. He stands and leans forward as far as the booth glass will allow to get a better look at the seal. The silver crest glows a dim blue while Ke’an holds it indicating that it is genuine and Ke’an is the owner. The young man panics falling into attention.

“Please wait one minute sir, eh-I mean, Lord!” The guard says as he quickly turns and runs.

Ke’an could not help but smirk as the guard ran somewhere he could not see. Normally people of the branch family would not have a seal like this however he received it as part of this engagement to A’ila. Ke’an looks at the crest; it is three stars over a coat of arms with a shield in the middle and a fox with many tails on both sides. It is Ke’an’s first time ever using the seal to enter a city and the reaction alone is worth it.

After a few minutes the young man reappears being led by an older bearded man who strutted proudly. His outfit is white with notable rank. He is older with definite lines etched across his otherwise stern face. Also behind him were several others but they looked rather eclectic compared to himself and the young man.

The older man reaches out his hand to shake with a smile that doesn't suit his stern demeanor. “I am colonel Oni’li it is a surprise to see Fleysil Nobility traveling so lightly.” He shakes Ke’an’s hand and then introduces his subordinate. “This is Major Vi and Sargent Ma’helsi they will be your escorts.”

“It is nice to meet you all. I am Ke’an Strome of the lesser house of the Yalfi Clan. This is my… guard, System Lock. She has been more than suitable as a guide and protection I can assure you. Alas, she is from a small village so she doesn’t have any papers but I can vouch for her.”

The colonel obviously mulls over several of Ke’an words and his expression shifts to a slight apprehension. Ke’an can see the moment his attitude towards him shifts negatively. Ke’an expected it as the lesser families are typically not important enough to warrant special favor. However, having the seal still means he has the blessing of the Nilfi in some capacity which can not be ignored.

“You are from the lesser house of the Yalfi, not the Nilfi?” Oni’li asks his smile vanishing. “Your seal had the Nilfi insignia did it not?”

“It did, yes.” Ke’an says while maintaining a jovial smile. “Is there a problem?”

The man looks System up and down giving her an assessing look before reaching out his hand for her as well. He guesses that she is from a stravani village given she is still in the colorful apparel given to her by the magistras. System just nods, not giving him any real affirmation since she doesn’t have any real homeland in this world. The man seems to accept the assumption and moves on.

“We will have to register her before you can go through so she wont have problems in the future.” Oni’li says with a smile that doesn’t quite reach his eyes or hide his disdain. “I have other matters to attend to but my men will take you to the registration office before the monastery. I apologize for the inconvenience but I can not bend the rules even for the…” The man pauses for a second as he thinks of a word but sarcasm seeps into his tone. “Illustrious Lesser House of the Yalfi clan. They will assure you get through the process quickly.”

The man quickly excuses himself leaving Ke’an and System with his subordinates. Major Vi is in casual wear with a long coat which has a large fur collar. His handsome face looks more like a model standing in for a soldier and his muscular frame has Ke’an feeling a bit insecure. Even the man’s five ‘o'clock shadow has him look more masculine. The only indication he is in the military is the kriegsmesser  at his side which clearly displays his rank on the ornate sheath. He looks uninterested in his charge as if he would prefer to be anywhere else. 

Ma’helsi is a thin man who held a standard issued magic staff indicative of a battle mage. While he is taller than everyone standing in their little group being the only one that is six feet tall, he is definitely the thinnest. He has the expected small canister of vex on his lower back attached to his belt. The liquid magic would be used instead of the mages own lifeforce when magic is cast, it is common for battle mages when magic siphons were unavailable. Unlike Vi, the man had on the full military winter uniform in pristine condition. The most striking thing about him is the full face metal mask he wears that does not appear to have any holes for seeing or breathing.

Vi grumbled under his breath. “Hmmf… nobility, go figure. Right when I was enjoying my day off.” He steps forward and points a guiding hand inside the wall and with an affirmative voice he continues. “Please follow me. How should I address you and the lady? Lord, Master, Sir?”

“Master Strome, Lady Lock will be fine.”

“Of course, Master Strome.” Vi says with agitation.

Ke’an could not help but extend his authority to the two men to see what their levels were not bothering to read anything else the editor had to say about them. Surprisingly another menu pops up that is not his editor.


Achievements

(3/3) Not So Fast There Buddy Let Me Look At You


Congratulations! You have used your Administrator Authority to examine people, items, monsters and even a settlement. Your use of your Authority to examine the world around you has altered your senses allowing you to see basic information on anything you see without extending your administrators authority.

Ke’an could feel a rush of new power flow into him as the window vanished. He can immediately understand how to utilize the new sensation, understanding it is not a new skill but a part of his senses as a transcendent. Now when he intentionally focuses on the men with the intention of learning about them a small window appears next to them.


Name: Vi Jonse 

Level: 45

Class: Mystic Knight


Ke’an then turns his attention to the mage to see what his information says.


Name: Ma’helsi Sa Vlego 

Level: 30

Class: Battle Pyromancer


Ke’an is impressed with the sensation but after seeing that Vi is a higher level than Ke’an realized he didn’t check his own level. He quickly opens his profile seeing that he has risen six levels and has sixty unassigned world attribute points. He splits his points evenly between magic regeneration and intelligence raising the stats to 117 and 174 respectively after all bonuses. 


Ke’an Strome Character Profile

Name: Ke’an Dagra Strome

Age: 20

Bio. Sex: Male

Race: Transcendent

Class: God Slayer

Active Title: Apprentice Administrator

Restricted Title: Administrator

World Level: 42 out of 100

You have 0 unassigned World Attribute Points

World Attributes

Intelligence: 144 (+30)

Strength: 30 (+30)

Dexterity: 70 (+30)

Vitality: 19 (+30)

Durability 13 (+30)

HealthRegeneration: 7 (+30)

Magic Regeneration: 87 (+30)

Administrator Level: 1 out of  100,000

You have 0 unassigned Administrator Attribute Points

Administrator Attributes

Reality Bending: 2

Transcendence: 1(+1)

Creation: 0

Reality Disruption Resistance: 2(+2)

Reality Stabilization: 0

Paradox Immunity: 1

Omniscience: 0 of 1

Omnipresence: 0 of 1

Omnipotence: 0 of 1

[TUTORIAL BETA NOTE: World Level minimums and maximums are scheduled for update in 00hrs 03mins. Please use any unassigned World Attribute Points all unused points will be randomly assigned.]


After mentally accepting the points he casually turns to System and leans in to whisper in her ear.

“I forgot to ask about this earlier but what does it mean when world level minimums and maximums are changed?” Ke’an asks while looking at his menu which she could not see.

System’s expression pales. “What! How long do we have? It takes a day or two before it starts!”

“We have about a minute.” Ke’an rubs the back of his neck. “I meant to ask you about it when you woke up but it slipped my mind until I looked at my character profile.”

“Ke’an what the fu…” System suddenly falls unconscious as Ke’an catches her.

“System!” Ke’an yells.

Ke’an hears people all around him fall to the ground and realizes it isn’t just people as animals also pass out. Vi and Ma’helsi are both sprawled on the ground as well. Ke’an could hear crashes in the distance as now unattended vehicles and machinery crash. Suddenly everyone starts to convulse into painful looking seizures. Ke’an takes out a cloth from his inventory and places it in System’s mouth to keep her from biting her tongue.

0