40: Life Skills Help Menu
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ke’an knows his uncle won’t actually let them just leave the city without helping with whatever he and Ly’ju has going on. The man is known to be pretty ruthless which is why not many people from the clan are willing to work with him. He is one of the few from the Yalfi that actively kills people to complete whatever mission he has tasked himself with. He only seems to have a soft spot for Ul’o his daughter and Ly’ju his only niece. They both share in his insatiable greed and luckily not in his bloodlust. 

Ke’an looks at System who shrugs. He then turns back to De’sen and says, “I am trying to make it back to the clan before the end of the Week of Giving.”

“Great so if you get done tonight then you can be on your way tomorrow.” De’sen says in a way that ensures there is no room for negotiation.

“So I will meet you at the monastery to go over the plan. Sorry if this is getting in the way of your privet time fraternizing with Ms. Lock.” Ly’ju says with a wink.

Ke’an just shakes his head as Ly’ju magic suddenly activates as color drains from her form in moments she is little more than a featureless shadow. She vanishes into De’sen’s own shadow undetectable to anyone not directly looking for her and even then she would be hard pressed to sense her even with magic perceptions.

De’sen suddenly starts to inflate into his rather large Director Pincely persona. “Here isn’t the best place to talk about it, Master Strome. I will have the temporary admission delivered to the monastery. For now I recommend going straight there.”

De’sen wasted no time in dismissing them and calling for the officiant. Soon after Vi and Ma'helsi are informed of the arrangements made the group is promptly escorted out of the administration building. Once they arrive at the entrance they give the guard back the magic inhibitor bracelets and are on their way to the monastery. 

“Why are we going to a monastery anyway?” System asks. “Does the town not have any hotels or inns?”

“Oh, of course it does.” Vi states matter of factly. “However, for someone without papers like a certain body guard, the monastery is the only place that will take you in. It is said to be protected by the Paladins of Wind and their God to ensure that no one with bad intentions stays within the city.”

System nods thoughtfully at the response seemingly content with the answer and Vi does not  seem to want to continue the conversation any longer. System turns her attention back to Ma'helsi and slows down to match his pace and walk beside him to restart their conversation on magic theories as if they were never interrupted as the group walks. 

The group follow the main street until they get to an intersection a few blocks down the road. The stone buildings only get taller the further into the city they go. They reach the market district which despite the cold is packed with people buying goods. Stores and stalls line the street and even the sound of music when Ke’an notices it is not just a regular market but also a festival for this city's Week of Giving celebration. When the smell of grilled meats, garlic breads and other scents cuts through the air Ke’an can feel his stomach growl.

“Congratulations, you have entered a city with a large economy!” Network’s recording plays in Ke’an’s head. “Natives of this world create settlements for security, socialization, trade and many other reasons not unlike many transcendents. You have successfully been accepted by the community without creating hostility towards yourself or destroying anyone, good job! Being accepted is just one part of living in and ultimately understanding how natives interact with the world around them. Most natives require the basic necessities in order to survive. Those necessities being food, shelter and water. As apart of this tutorial you will now require sustenance.”

 The recording goes in depth about what hunger, thirst, food, mastication, drinking and excretion are as if describing them to a child. Network goes on and about the importance of understanding how life works and experiencing it for themselves as a part of the tutorial. Ke’an tunes out most of it as understanding he has to eat and poop isn’t anything new. However, something catches his attention immediately. Ke’an stops walking, causing System to nearly run into him. 

“You will be given the equivalent of two-hundred thousand of the accepted currency of the local region you now reside in to aid in securing your new basic necessities. We here at Infinity Inc. can not wait to see how you develop and grow to into your new role!” When the Network finally stops talking Ke’an’s quest menu pops up.


Quest Menu

Active Quest’s

(1/3) Welcome to the world of commerce!

You've been granted 200,000 teis to acquaint yourself with life's challenges. Remember, money can be both a boon and a burden. Use your funds wisely to delve into the realms of trade and currency. Acquire knowledge of different denominations and their worth, for it'll serve you not just in training but also in the real world. Life Skill Help Menu now active.

Learn the currency and denominations (1/1)

Engage in profitable transactions (0/1)

Make a purchase (0/1)

OPTIONAL BONUS: Haggle a better deal.

Reward for completion

25 transcendent experience points

Bonus reward

???

 

(2/3) Rumbly in my tummy

In Survival Mode, you must nourish yourself to sustain bodily functions. But relying solely on purchasing food won't always be possible. Learn the art of meal preparation and cooking. Utilize ingredients from your inventory to create a satisfying dish. Consult the cookbook index for available recipes.

Prepare a dish with two or more ingredients (0/1)

Enjoy a meal prepared and cooked by yourself (0/1)

Reward for completion

30 transcendent experience points

 

(3/3) Sweet Dreams

Mortals require sleep to continue to function. It was a funny joke we decided to play on them, get it? Anyway, now that Survival Mode is active you now have to sleep as well to continue functioning properly.

Sleep until well rested (0/1) 

Reward for completion 

25 transcendent experience points

5 Stamina potions

 

Completed Quests

(1/2) Babies first steps

(2/2) Christened in Blood and Ice


“Is everything alright Master Strome?” Vi asks seeing Ke’an has stopped in place. “Master Strome?”

Ke’an doesn’t respond he just stares at the number of money he has been granted in the quest menu. Two hundred thousand teis is enough to live his entire life without having to ever work again. He is the single richest member of the branch family now at least in terms of money. The average wage of a typical worker is only 600 teis a year. He suspected he would only make about 800 leis a year as a thief now suddenly a quest just gave him more money than most families in the world see in many generations. Ke’an opens his inventory and sees that instead of taking up a slot like all of the other items he is carrying there is a counter at the top right of the window with ‘Teis x 200,153.47’ even counting the money he was carrying before the quest activated.

“Ke’an? Are you alright?” System says as she grabs his shoulders and shakes him.

Ke’an is jolted from his menus as a smile spreads across his face along with an uncontrollable laugh. He grabs System by the waist and lifts her up into the air, spinning both of them around letting out a loud “whoo!” before setting a frazzled and confused System back on her feet. Everyone backs away from him after his outburst and Ke’an has to sit down on the sidewalk as he continues to laugh uncontrollably for a few minutes. Once he finally has a hold of himself he stands up wiping tears of joy from his face.

“I am fine guys, please let's speak nothing of this and just continue on to the monastery.” Ke’an says with a wide grin across his face.

Vi looks over to Ma'helsi then to System and the now straight faced Ke’an. He lets out a breath, shrugs and decides that the sooner he gets to the monastery and drops this crazy noble the sooner he can get home.

“Well then.” Vi says with slight apprehension. “Right this way Master Strome, Lady Lock.”

0