Chapter 57: Glory Glorious Glorenstein
1.5k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rosentea Il Scential had fairly boring days in the Black Rose Classroom.

She was the heiress of the greatest merchant company on the Continent, and just like here, every other student in the Classroom was a scion of their own associations. All of them were raised meticulously to ensure that they would be able to lead their people should the people call for it.

And so, the classes taught at the Academy had become fairly boring.

Rosentea knew the Empire hadn’t gathered them to educate them, but would it kill the Empire to provide them with some entertainment?

The door to the classroom snapped open and Rosentea turned to the door.

“Good morning everyone!” today too, Professor Ethan Kalenice stepped into the classroom with a giant hamper in hand and a bright, infectious smile.

He greeted them all, talked with a few individually, and began his attendance.

Maybe it wasn’t without entertainment. Every other class was redundant, but she couldn’t say the same for Professor Ethan’s class.

He taught a novel subject—one that even the best of scholars struggled with—fluently enough to make one wonder if the professor had experienced it all firsthand.

Demonic Language. Rosentea was especially interested in the subject matter and the language. It was one of the few things she could look forward to.

The professor himself was fairly interesting. He was assigned to this class on recommendation and was not a normal professor, or a professor at all, before this classroom.

That alone made him special.

But the mystery around him and the few hints of connections he dropped made him even more interesting. She couldn’t be sure, but if the professor was a pasty, he could easily become a signature item.

“Today, we’ll be studying a bit about magic from the demons’ point of view. Since you all used the Teal Tablet a while back, this would be of interest.”

The professor tapped his chalk on the blackboard and started the lecture.

“Magic with demons is a bit special. They are blessed with immense mana, which means they can use all kinds of destructive spells.”

The professor wrote ‘Nature’ on the board, in demonic language, and turned around.

Talking about magic was a little boring for Rosentea. She was interested in the subject, but most places she could extract money through it were already covered by smarter and more experienced people in the merchant group.

“Student Rosentea!”

Her interest was in newer inventions. The camera that the professor had handed Lumine was one of those, she would have been very interested if the Scential Group hadn’t already purchased the rights for the Military Grade Video-Communication devices. Those things could store videos and images too.

“Student Rosentea!”

“Wub!?”

Rosentea jumped up and shook her head around in surprise.

The professor pursed his lips, hiding the laugh that threatened to spill out from her actions. He pointed the chalk at Rosentea and crossed his arms.

“Can you tell me why more Mana makes the demons stronger?”

Rosentea furrowed her brows.

“More mana will make anyone stronger?”

The professor sighed.

“Why?”

It was a perplexing question. Things even kids knew.

The professor tapped on the board once, and Rosentea nodded. He wanted her to say whatever she could in the Demonic Language. Code-Switching had been useful for her when she learned the regional tongues of the continent.

Of course, for a genius like her, she didn’t need to switch languages. She could express herself confidently.

Rosentea flicked her hair and began.

“As a spell goes against nature, the cost of mana to use it increases, or I should say, the ‘value’ of the spell increases.”

The professor raised a finger, but she wasn’t going to let him interrupt.

“For example, if someone emitted simple mana, they would only need as much as they use. But if the mana was added with properties, then more mana would need to be used for simpler spells. The properties too, depend on their abundance in nature. Wind-based spells use the least amount of mana since the world is filled with wind. This is followed by Water, Earth, Fire, Metals, and most kinds of Elemental Magic.”

The professor sighed and nodded. It only spurred her on more.

Excited, Rosentea continued.

“Now you might ask, what about other spells? Why is spatial magic so difficult when space is everywhere?”

Rosentea crossed her arms and smirked.

“It is because spatial magic goes against nature, the same is the case with most destructive elements. And because of its ‘unnatural’ stance, no matter how much one sacrifices, ‘Time’ Magic will only ever be a concept.”

The professor sighed again. “Great job, but you explained everything in the common tongue.”

“Huh?”

Rosentea looked around the classroom, and everyone turned their eyes away.

A genius as she may be, one didn’t need to be a genius to tell that another trait defined Rosentea. She was a total silly goose.

Rosentea sat back down. The professor took her speech and started teaching vocabulary through it.

The class was back in normal session, and Rosentea paid more attention than before to avoid that embarrassment. No way was she going to pull this again.

The class was about to end soon.

The professor finished the lecture. He started wrapping the class up and assigned them some material to review when his eyes shifted to the door.

A bang roared through the classroom. The doors slammed against the wall and the silhouette of a person stood on the other side.

“GLORY!”

The man took a step ahead. Clad in an impeccable suit, he gracefully spread his hands.

“GLORIOUS!”

He screamed with all his heart as he rushed into the classroom and turned to the kids.

“GLO.REN.STEIN!”

The kids’ jaws collectively dropped at the sight of the strange man. It was the one moment when the future leaders of the world, including Lute-Lad Luke, had the same thought.

What the fuck?

The man with slicked hair turned to the students and clicked his tongue, gracefully.

“The glorious Glorenstein Academy has admitted too many students this year. This favoritism… No matter who you are, as the protector of glory I cannot sit back and let this happen.” The man raised his hands and proclaimed. “I have come here to test your Glory! I am the Glorious Professor of Red Dahlia, Glober Loriosus!”

“Oh hey, Professor Jim,” said Ethan with a smile.

The strange man froze. He bit his lips and whispered. “It’s Glober Loriosus…”

“Uh, whatever you say, Professor Jim.”

Yeah seriously. What the fuck?

39