8 – Garden of the Crystal Bamboo
237 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Chen left Rin and Takeshi behind, their expressions of pain and betrayal etched into his memory. But he had to focus on the mission, to bring Dr. Sanmi to justice. He found his way to the Crystal Bamboo Garden, a place of serenity and beauty within the Sanmi Estate. The moonlight shimmered on the crystalline bamboo stalks, their leaves rustling in the gentle breeze.

As Ye entered the garden, the air was still, the whispers of the wind carrying secrets. He treaded carefully, his senses heightened, evading a hidden tripwire that would have set off a lethal trap.

The Crystal Bamboo Garden was an ethereal dreamscape, a world apart from the chaos of the Sanmi Estate. Moonlight bathed the garden, illuminating the translucent bamboo stalks. Their crystalline surfaces glistened like liquid silver, casting a mesmerizing glow upon the surroundings.

The leaves of the crystal bamboo rustled gently in the night breeze, whispering their secrets to the wind. Patches of delicate, bioluminescent flowers adorned the ground, their petals releasing a soft, dreamy light. The air was cool and crisp, carrying with it the sweet scent of jasmine and the faintest hint of dew.

The winding pathways, lined with smooth river stones, seemed to beckon him deeper into the heart of the garden. As Ye walked further, the stillness of the night enveloped him, lending an otherworldly atmosphere to the enchanted haven. It was as if time had slowed, and the garden held its breath, awaiting the inevitable clash between the forces of light and darkness.

There, standing in the center of the garden, was Dr. Sanmi, his eyes cold and calculating. Ye approached him, ready for the confrontation.

“Dr. Sanmi, do you know why I am here?”

Dr. Sanmi, the deranged Jade Serpent, stood before Ye, a chilling figure of menace and malice. His once pristine white robes were tattered and stained, reflecting the darkness that now consumed his soul. His gaunt face was etched with the lines of cruelty, and his eyes, once bright and intelligent, were now hollow and cold, devoid of compassion.

A sinister smile played across his thin, cracked lips, revealing teeth stained a sickly yellow from the countless poisons he had concocted. His unkempt hair, once well-groomed, hung in greasy, matted strands around his face, framing his twisted visage like a dark halo.

In his bony, trembling hands, he clutched a small pouch filled with his deadly Serpent Needles, the instruments of his sadistic art. The very air around him seemed to crackle with the energy of his malevolence, and a sense of unease pervaded the garden, as if nature itself recoiled from his wicked presence.

He turned to face Ye, a sinister smile playing on his lips.

“Ah, the infamous Kurotsume. I’ve heard of you. I am the Jade Serpent, master of the art of poison. You see, I’ve spent my life saving lives as a doctor. But just as I love to save, I also love to kill.”

As he continued, his voice dripped with arrogance.

“I am a god among men. I decide who lives and who dies. People beg me to determine their fate. It is my prerogative as the most powerful man in Kagesato.”

With that, the fight began. The Jade Serpent wielded his Serpent Needles, long, thin needles coated in deadly poison. He was lethal, but he wasn’t fast. Ye dodged and weaved, gradually gaining the upper hand.

With a flick of his wrist, he sent a flurry of Serpent Needles whizzing through the air, aiming for Ye’s vital points. Ye leaped and twisted, narrowly avoiding the deadly projectiles, each one capable of killing a horse.

Ye’s heart raced as he sprinted towards him, Shadowfang in hand. Dr. Sanmi smirked, confident in his poisonous arsenal. Another wave of needles shot forth, and Ye nimbly evaded them, the Shinobi training proving its worth.

As Ye closed the distance, the Jade Serpent abandoned his needles, opting for hand-to-hand combat. His strikes were precise and laced with venom, but his speed was no match for the shinobi. Ye ducked under a vicious swipe, countering with a swift kick to the evil doctor’s side.

The Jade Serpent stumbled, gasping for breath as the impact resonated through his fragile frame. Ye pressed the advantage, launching a barrage of quick strikes. Each blow connected, further weakening the once-great doctor. Sanmi’s deranged smile never left his face, even as blood trickled from the corner of his mouth.

In a desperate attempt to regain control, the Jade Serpent unleashed a wild, sweeping kick. Ye easily dodged the attack and countered with a powerful punch to his jaw, sending him reeling backward.

Just as Ye prepared to deliver the final blow, Rin appeared in the garden, her tearful eyes locking onto the scene before her. The Jade Serpent, seizing the opportunity, threatened to strike Rin with his deadly needles.

Ye hesitated, torn between protecting Rin and finishing the fight. In that moment of indecision, the Jade Serpent slipped away, disappearing into the depths of the Crystal Bamboo Garden. With a surge of determination, Ye gave chase, determined to put an end to his reign of terror once and for all.

As he chased Dr. Sanmi through the garden, Ye narrowly escaped another cunning trap. The deeper they ventured, the darker and more treacherous the garden became. The shadows grew longer, the paths more twisted, and the air thicker with danger.

Ye sprinted deeper into the Crystal Bamboo Garden, and the ethereal beauty of the place seemed to grow more menacing. The once-gleaming crystal bamboo stalks now appeared twisted and ominous, their shadows casting eerie patterns on the ground. His senses tingled, warning me of the danger that lurked ahead.

Ye’s pace slowed, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of the Jade Serpent or his treacherous traps. The adrenaline surged through Ye’s veins as he anticipated the Jade Serpent’s next move. And then he saw it, a shimmer in the air, almost imperceptible.

Ye stopped in his tracks, staring at the nearly invisible threads stretched across the path before him. They glinted menacingly, betraying the deadly nature of the trap the Jade Serpent had laid. A lethal concoction had coated those threads, ready to ensnare and poison any who dared to cross.

With a growing sense of dread, Ye realized that this was the most dangerous trap yet. One misstep, one careless move, and he would be ensnared in the Jade Serpent’s venomous web, his mission ending in failure and death.

As Ye weighed the options, the shadows seemed to close in around him, the Crystal Bamboo Garden growing ever more sinister. The air was heavy, leaving Ye to wonder how he would overcome the deadly challenge and confront the Jade Serpent once and for all.

7