48 – Promotion
719 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vixen woke up in an unfamiliar location, an infinite expanse of white. 

'Did I die?' Vixen thought to herself as a figure appeared. The figure had no face, clothes, or any discerning features but was still able to speak in her language, "I'm glad you're finally awake young celestial."

"Where am I? Who are you? Why do you not have a face?" Vixen replied. Though she could not identify the person in front of her, she did not feel the need to be on-guard, as if she could sense that this being meant her no harm. 

"Those are all very good questions," laughed the figured, she noticed his voice had a slight echo to it, "I have a face and an actual body, but because we are separated by planes that you cannot perceive me. I am the Arch Celestial Axlahz (Aslaw-z) and I pulled you into a limbo plane in order to reward you. Taking out that demon was quite a feat, if you continue to do things in accordance with our laws and aiding in the war with the demons, you can be granted the ability to traverse the planes and join us on Mount Empyrean. "

"I haven't agreed to aid in that fight, and it sounds like a long drawn one as well."

"It is an eternal fight, and you are the perfect champion since you're technically one of us even if one born out of an anomaly. There are many benefits to joining us, though I cannot tell you what they are until you hit those particular milestones, but I can promise it will be worth it."

"What are some of the requirements? What would be some of the expectations of me?"

"Destroying a demon whenever you come across one is one way and you will get a reward for each milestone hit, 1, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 500. They milestones get harder to hit but the rewards increase exponentially as well. However, the demons are endless and even hitting those milestones would not give you as much, we'll call them contribution points, as something else. " 

"What else, " asked Vixen with clear hesitation in her voice.

"You have a very unique constitution, you were not born a celestial yet here you are. You were not born a vampire, yet you're a progenitor. We may be powerful, but our numbers suffer due to our necessary conflict keeping the demons at bay. You are the first, and only, Celestial Vampire and with our help we can give you further ability to create Celestials that aid in our fight, to bolster our numbers. When a Celestial is born, they are a celestial that's it, you have two races. Do you understand where I am going? You can ally yourself with strong races like giants, dragons and create powerful celestials by mating with them, far more powerful than we are already."

"That's...quite a lot to take in."

"I'm sure it is, first let me grant you this."

[You received a racial promotion from Axlahz! You are now an Angelic(Celestial) Vampire subrace: Angelic Vanguard!]
[Your stats have increased]
[You are no longer affected by demonic energy from low and medium class demons]
[You unlocked the ability to create Celestials through mating, the same as creating a vampire through biting] 
[Granted the ability "Partner Metamorphosis"]

[Partner Metamorphosis - Upon partner's desire to mate, they take the form most appealing to the holder of this ability]

"Now wait a minute! I didn't agree to anything, what's with these outlandish rewards?" Vixen exclaimed nearly shouting.

"The promotion was rightfully yours due to slaying your first demon, the other abilities that were granted to you are yours regardless of your participation, " replied Axlahz.

"Why don't you mate and increase your numbers?"

"Procreation for us is an incredible thing, and due to our power our chances of successfully birthing are low. If I am not mistaken, your ability allows you to get pregnant if you so desire correct? Naturally, it could take us a century to produce one offspring." 

"Fuck." Vixen was going through an internal crisis, but she put brushed it to the side as best she could, "I still haven't decided to help you in that way, but I do promise to kill every demon I see at least."

"I will graciously thank you then. If you can reach Valkyrie stage you'll be granted access to Mount Empyrean. I wish for your cooperation and your good fortune."

Before Vixen could reply she found herself sitting up on the grass she passed out on, a glow coming from the back of her hand catching her attention. There in bright silver, the image of a shield with the number one in its center glowed softly, 'I guess it was asking for too much for that to be an unpleasant dream,' she lamented. 

She checked her status and confirmed that all her rewards for killing the demon were there, falling into deep thought she made her way back to her home.  

'I still don't know if there exists a way to revert me back to the way I was; but being a mother and going through the whole pregnancy thing...I...I don't know if I can do that. I guess part of me always believed I could go back but can I do this?' 

Vixen was having an extremely difficult time her long walk back to her place was filled with ifs and why's. What troubled her also was possibility the key to returning to her formal self was on Mount Empyrean which in turn means she'd need to get points. Since she could not rely on just finding demons, even with Maxwell's inadvertent assistance in that regard, it could take ages. She could control the other way to get points and it left her feeling trapped. 

'Lets check the system messages after the fight.'

[Defeated Lower Demon -10pts]
[First Time kill bonus -10 points]

'He was a lower demon huh, thats a bit discouraging, how much does it take to get to Mount Empyrean?'

[Valkyrie Threshold - 10,000 points]

'Of course, I wish there were a way I could ask Axlahz a couple questions, now that I have been able to process that insane information he or she just dropped on me.'

Vixen was hit with a wave of dizziness, her breath became labored and her skin started to feel feverish. 

'What the shit is happening now, cant I have a moment reprieve before something has to happen,' she thought. Her body may be uninjured and energized due to the blood, but the accumulated mental fatigue started to affect her mood and was having trouble handling unexpected developments. 

[Your class thrives off intimacy and you've been lacking for too long]
[You have 30 minutes before you're afflicted by a state of lust]

[State of Lust - mental acuity -30%, inhibitions -70%, sensitivity + 50%]
[Time Remaining: 28:59:45]

'Damn it'

31