Chapter 42
210 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aria opened her eyes to the vista of a noir city sprawled beneath her. A city sundered by the two titanic powers clashing, a hidden war carried in plain sight. Territories marked by unseen hands. Lines drawn by fear. Allegiance bought with threat and unmarked currency. And Aria stood atop all of it, in her expensive wedding suit.

On top of the breathtaking landscape, she stood stiff. Not a single crease ran down her tailored suit. The lapels, stiff as if made of tempered steel, yet featherlight, would have been a fortune for an average citizen. But not for Aria. Not to the family she belonged to.

She heard a small step behind, and took a step away from, gazing at the city below from the top of her penthouse.

"Miss Wrede," said the valet. "The family expects you now."

Aria tapped her foot in irritation, strode forward, closing the distance. The soles of her finest Italian crocodile leather shoes, clip-clopped like the trotting of a horse, on the marble floor.

"Miss Wrede," the valet continued, eyes on the ground. "The family demands your presence at the briefing...before the wedding."

Wedding? Aria decided to play with whatever the VBrane world threw at her direction.

Tugging the ends of her perfectly knotted bow, Aria ignored the valet and the demands he carried. Her lips curved into a sardonic smile. One that did not reach her cold eyes.

"How distracting," she remarked as she paused mid-stride, the impeccable suit clinging to her body. "Tell me, Do I look like a bride?"

"Traditionally, brides are adorned in white dress, but yours is a bold choice, Miss Wrede..." said the valet.

The rest of the word died as Aria entered the private elevator and instructed the voice activated system. "Underground Garage, please."

As the elevator moved downwards, Aria turned to admire her attire one last time. With those expensive shoes, silken black slacks finely cut, and a bespoke fitted blazer over her shoulders, it was enough to bring out her elegance with a touch of power. She could easily outshine any groom, and Aria knew it well. More importantly, she wielded it well, just as expected of a mafia princess. Her wedding suit was every bit an extension of her uniqueness as well as a subtle display of power of the Wrede family that shaped the city.

Everything from diplomacy to city planning, and industrial advancements; everything from trade agreements to new housing complex were run under the blessing of her crime family.

It should have been a great, monumental event when someone from the family was finally to be married, but it certainly did not feel that way. Everyone, from the mayor to the average city dweller knew, the circumstances that forced the marriage. An ultimatum by General Kane, either to make peace with the powerful Vajran syndicate and liberate the city from their power struggle, or he would raze the city to grounds. Hence, Aria's marriage, to ensure the fragile peace.

Aria should have felt disgusted at being a scape goat. A being sold off for a strategic gain. To be had her worth reduced to a bargaining chip. Eventually, to be bonded in matrimony to a stranger. Except Aria knew who would walk down the aisle towards her, and the very thought filled her with exhilaration. She smiled as she envisioned how sweet it would be to gaze into those eyes, to lift the veil, and hear those proclaiming words, to kiss the powerful leader of Vajran syndicate.

Before, she knew it, the doors opened. Aria exited the lift.

A chauffeur immediately sprung beside her. "Shall I show you to the cathedral, Miss?"

"Yes," she answered sharply, and promptly found her path cut by sharp figures in equally prestigious outfits.

"You ignored a direct summon," said one of the faceless figures.

"Ties of blood and family are not easily abandoned, Aria," admonished another faceless figure.

"Have you forgotten the family's view on traitors?" threatened another.

Ignoring all, Aria slid into the inside of her limousine and signalled her chauffeur to proceed.

The vast and dazzling insides of the cathedral paled before the assortment of powerful figures in attendance. A few politicians, the Mayor, and one full row of city officials, followed by a cluster of industrialists, real-estate magnates and high-frequency traders, were some of the few Aria counted.

It should have been a simple affair, even tasteful. The usual bowing and greeting, some flattery, but there was a palpable sense of tension, rising above the celebratory ambience, that even the presence of armed private security could not absolve.

Aria marched in, giving an occasional and casual nod to a few formal congratulations. Her rich metallic grey suit bore her unspoken arrogance, steps radiating with dismissal and contempt. She strode toward the front, eager to reach the altar but stopped short of it.

Hallie stood on the side, in an exclusive vibrant green cocktail dress, twirling a flute of champagne between her fingers.

"Aria, you look stunning. The devil itself has stepped inside the cathedral." Hallie smiled a compliment, a genuine and unbridled expression.

"I fully intend to make my factual bride, ache for me." Aria's winked with shared mirth.

"Hallie, would give us a moment of privacy?" Despite the words, it wasn't a request.

Aria winced at the annoyingly familiar voice, even in the VBrane world. She stared at the face of her mother. The woman's beauty magnified a hundred-fold in the simulated fantasy, and so did her malice. Behind her, trailed her father, carrying another flute of champagne. Aria took the offered drink and drowned its slightly acerbic fluid down her throat.

"Not a good quality one," complained Aria. "With the prestige of the family on the line, I expected something more appropriate."

"That is good," said her mother, tone harsh and whip-like. "Because that just saved your life. What you drank was the antidote."

"What the fu..." Aria suddenly found herself held arrested by strong arms.

Another pair of callus-covered palms, too large and coarse to belong to any human, held her face. Her mother quickly pulled a tube of lip gloss and carefully contoured Aria's lips, coating it with a delicate layer of sheen.

"And this is the contact poison," said Emiliana. "You know what to do. Remember, Aria, you are doing it for the family."

Aria found herself shoved forward. Falling on her knees, she deftly raised herself in defiance. Eyes sharpened to the edge of a steel blade with a hard squint, She glared at her mother, a silent and unspoken resistance.

"Aria, we have all sacrificed and now, it is not your turn. Choice wisely. Choice the family, and be the one you are meant to be."

Any further conversation was cut short by the bright tone of the church organ, announcing the arrival of the other bride. Even the incessant chats from the socialites slowly subsided. All voices fell as one. Every pair of eyes riveted upon the entrance.

Phaedra led Astra.

The menkaran sentinel presented in a sharp turquoise dress, well, toned-calves generously exposed. Her bare-foot with split long toes and elongated toenails were basically claws, but it was her cut to razor-edged hairline, precisely parted in the middle and the twin horns, like massive pillars, reaching the heavens, that instilled terror. Phaedra was a demon stepping into hallowed grounds.

But it was Astra who inspired awe. If Phaedra was a demon, Astra carried the immanence of an Angel. A perfection personified in a simple wedding gown of pure white satin, the contours flowed down her slender figure. The skirt draped softly across her thighs. Beneath, the dress concealed her skin to the edge of her elegant diamond-studded crystal pumps. A charming bridal bouquet of blue roses entwined with glistening white daises graced the tender hold of her hands, while a delicate diamond tiara rested on the crest of her head. Her dark hair, weaved into intricate loose braids, was tied up into a prim updo. Even the few locks that tumbled freely, fell gracefully around her face.

Astra took a step, taking Aria's breath away in the single instance. Her form exuded a serene demeanour. Calm, collected and dignified. Astra's beauty shone through the thin layer of bridal veil. In fact, the veil covering her face only gave an element of mystery and allure.

Spellbound, Aria walked towards her bride, their steps perfectly synchronized, two matching halves creating an exquisite whole.

As the two girls met in the middle of the aisle, heads turned, mesmerized by the elegant pair.

"Breathtaking...you are..." Aria stammered.

"Is that your first words to your wife?" Astra laughed. Like a grand resonance from the tintinnabulations of a thousand tiny bells, it filled Aria's soul.

Feeling slightly ashamed and collecting herself, Aria corrected. "Future wife."

"The future will change in an hour. So why cling to the transient? Are you apprehensive, my little princess? I will take good care of you."

Something stirred in Aria's heart. A feeling, no, more like a promise filled her.

"I will indulge your every fantasy," whispered Astra, warm, tender and enticing. "Soon, when we retire, I intend to make you the happiest girl."

Aria couldn't help the gasp fleeing her throat. She could only stare back at Astra, finding her radiant smile more than distracting. The electric attraction tingled in her spine.

She intends to do it with me on the very day. Aria could barely control her overwhelmed senses. To let her hands ruffle through the wedding gown, seeking the creamy white thighs hidden behind, to strip Astra in her wedding lingerie. Is that what she promised? Every neuron of Aria fired.

"Look, I am the one in a suit, and you, in a gown. I am the butch one here. I should initiate the moves. That is how it works," said Aria, trying to establish her hold.

"Being a butch is not a necessary condition to top," said Astra, a sultry note spilling from her voice. "One can be femme and still top."

Astra wants to do what? Aria blinked. Once. Twice. The message was evident. Aria felt her blood turn to liquid fire. A wave of arousal undulated through her body. Those gentle fingers tenderly holding the flowers would soon toss aside her suits, and ravage her body.

"Perhaps, if you consent, my tender flower, I could sneak you out during the party, to my penthouse, and I would kiss till we pass out of exhaustion in each other's arms," said Astra, a disarming smile radiating through the veiled barrier. "Kisses that involve lips below the neck."

"Is that your honest proposition? Avoid responsibilities immediate after getting hitched," responded Aria, her carefully crafted smirk soon melting into a goofy expression at the realisation of lips below the neck.

Then, the melodious notes filling the air trembled Aria's ground.

A luscious giggle escaped from Astra. "You are so adorable when you pull that face. I am sorry, I just could not resist teasing you."

Aria opened her mouth to respond, a protest. But, the soft touch of her wife-to-be on her shoulders, a lone thumb slightly brushing her exposed neck, a very subtle and fleeting contact, extracted an audible sigh of delight from Aria.

"So much of making your bride ache for you..." Hallie's smirk disappeared behind the raised flute of champagne.

Damn it! Even this version of Hallie is annoying.

Then, Aria noticed the hint of desperation on Astra's flawless face, something that even her bridal veil failed to hide. Suddenly, everything made sense. Astra wanted her even more. In the midst of petal showers and dazzling confetti blessing them, Aria realised the power she wielded over her bride, and she dared to seize it. Her own face melted into a grin, a knowing, sly smile.

"My lovely bride, why delay till your penthouse? Let us adjourn to one of the chambers with no cameras." Aria leaned in, carefully grabbing the hands that ever-so-tenderly held the bridal bouquet. Her inviting tug left a heated and sensual imprint, causing an unbidden reaction in Astra.

For an eternal moment, as Aria walked with Astra towards the altar, both their bodies sang for the other, transfixed by the sheer force of desire.

In the span of a heartbeat, the wedding ceremony seemed to accelerate. A flurry of activity burst forth. A grand melody filled from the church organ, accompanied by the chorus from the choir, a hymn rising to the stars. Around them, the dignitaries of the city in the finest attire watched the striking couple. Some in silence, awestruck by the sight. Others entranced by the perfect scene before them.

Neither Aria nor Astra could focus on the details. It bothered them the least what the minister, bishop or the elected civil servant meant to officiate the ceremony said. Neither of them could take their eyes off the other. Finally, when the proclamation came, of Aria and Astra joined forever, wife and wife, a standing applause arose from the gathering. Confetti thundered as flowers cascaded over the dazzling couple.

Aria's felt the exhilaration soaring high, as she realised, even if it were a simulation, that she joined her beloved in matrimony. Slowly, tentatively, she drew the flimsy fabric of the veil, revealing the sweetest face with the brightest smile ornamented by a twinkling brilliant eyes.

There was silence. Astra closed her eyes, capturing the moment forever in my mind.

Aria's eyes lingered on Astra's closed eyelids, the subtle twitch, the ever-slow slight movement behind them. Slowly, a tortuously long and unendurable moment later, she cupped Astra's cheeks. The pulchritudinous face with all its sculpted jawlines and silken smooth curves was a perfect fit in her palms. Astra's face looked as though it was made for Aria to hold.

After several seconds, Aria's thumb traced a small line. Astra's eyes twitched. Her lips pouted, in an invitation to be taken. Aria leaned, closer and closer and stopped short of accepting the invitation.

Even in a simulated world of VBrane, the thought of what her lips carried, of what the kiss would do to Astra, did not bode well with her. Instead, she settled for watching her warm breath crash on her wife's face in undulating waves, the subtle way Astra's skin responded, like a lush rainforest welcoming a monsoon rain.

Tired of the waiting, Astra, gently, ever so gently, swept Aria in. Her long arms snaked around Aria's waist, and a strong and irresistible tug, made Aria sink into Astra. Both bodies, separated only by the restraint of clothing.

Astra's single gesture broke through Aria, as she whispered in her wife's ears. "Don't worry, my tender princess, I could hold you like this, if that is how you want it."

A weak whimpering affirmative was all Aria could manage in response. Slowly, she relaxed into the hold, resting her head against Astra, relishing in the sensation of the presence enveloping hers, of inhaling Astra's comforting scent.

Astra kissed Aria's neck, along the exposed skin, towards the crevices of her earlobes.

"Stay put as you are," Astra whispered, a salacious promise. "I am going to do something...nice."

Astra's hot-pink tongue darted out, flicking Aria's lobe. Her lips curled around those exquisite and velvety skin, tasting Aria. Then the gentle nibble came. A hand traced the curve of Aria's hip. With Astra's knees cradling her thighs, Aria slowly settled in her wife's lap, allowing Astra greater access to the deed she so indulgently performed.

A soft moan left Aria's lips. She could feel the rising urge. Her arms stretched to reach Astra, hooking them behind her.

In between the bites, Astra's tongue gently caressed her wife's lobes.

Aria moaned louder, succumbing to the magical invasion of Astra's mouth, a gift of voluptuousness and innocence wrapped together, the epitome of sexual enchantment. With every sweep of Astra's tongue, and the nip of her teeth, Aria grew hotter, turning as red as the roses adorning the cathedral.

Draped across the laps of her new wife, her loving, and caring wife, Aria's knees began to buckle. Slowly, reluctantly, she eased herself down, making sure to rest her hands upon Astra's hips. As she sank into her wife, she looked up to find Astra's eyes, warm eyes obscured by wonderfully long lashes, searching hers. The full sensual lips quivered, revealing the pearly tips of her front teeth. An almost imperceptible shudder ran through Aria's body, eliciting a sensual smile from Astra.

"Did you like it, my little love? There is more I could show you, in the privacy of our night, that is, if you would allow me to?" murmured Astra.

Aria tilted her head in acknowledgement, lips parted, so, so slightly. This time, it was Astra who turned red, blushing, the crimson of it stung her ears.

"What do you say, dearest?" asked Astra.

Aria quickly turned her face. Her gaze shifted away, staring at nothing, before glancing back to her caring wife. She tried to hide the deep pain that her wife saw etched on her face, unable to fully conceal it.

Astra simply smiled, breaking the gaze away to continue soft kisses on Aria's forehead, a chaste peck to ease her rampaging heartbeat. Before Aria knew it, she straddled Astra's lap, hands reaching under the hem of her pristine wedding gown, seeking places that should have been better left to be explored in private.

"Your heart beats fast, almost pounding. My sweet darling wife, is there anything I can do to calm you?" Astra asked her soulmate.

"Yes, and you are the answer to it, Astra. If I request..." A pause, thought shared without words.

Astra nodded. "Come, let us leave the frivolous trivialities for more enduring pursuits."

Aria let her wife lead her out of the cathedral. Both hurrying outside, ignoring the imposing retinue trailing, avoiding the polite congratulations and the forced engaging conversations, towards the empty place where Astra beckoned a helicopter. Aria paused to watch Astra enter the lavish transport with effortless grace. She caught a glimpse of the interior, its luxurious and plush lining paled only by her new wife.

Even in the virtual simulated space, Aria clutched her soulmate's hand, almost unable to restrain from throwing herself at Astra, grasping at her waist. When Astra tugged her in, Aria could see her clearly, looking every bit beautiful, yet vulnerable. Then, a heartfelt embrace, promising to meet more again in their bed. When she finally pulled away, drowning the whirring of the propeller blades was the longing in Astra's voice, a pleading. A deep eagerness that would never be sated.

As the helicopter lifted off the ground, Astra spoke softly. "We will be home soon, our home, my anxious little princess. Be patient just a little longer."

The helicopter soon landed on the helipad atop one of the tallest and posh residential towers, rivalling that of Aria's own high-rise apartment in the city. Even before the doors of the helicopter slid open, Astra took hold of her new wife's hand, pulling her forward.

Holding Aria tenderly, Astra whispered softly into her wife's ears, her voice a husky croon, enchantingly seductive. "Settle in my arms. Trust me, I will take care of you, my little flower."

Granted, Aria was in a suit designed to exhibit power of a predatory nature, and even though it felt strange to be carried in Astra's arms, her mind was a melting gooey mush to muster any resistance.

Astra's exclusive penthouse was as majestic as the girl who owned them. All top class luxury, grandeur, and elegance adorned the high-rise apartment. State-of-the-art air-conditioning systems, voice activated A.I. assistance, and one-way window pane offering views of the skyline.

Yet, none of it could match the beauty of the woman bearing Aria in her arms. In awe, she watched her new wife pass from one room to another, carrying her swiftly, leading her into the master bedroom.

"Do you like it, my little squirming princess?" Astra asked, leaning in, to whisper conspiratorially in her beloved's ear. "You have no idea how long I ached for this moment."

Astra held Aria tightly, kissing her hair, whispering soft declaration of love in her ears. When Astra shifted her stance, her breasts pushed lightly against Aria's neck, her chin just a hairsbreadth above her mewling wife's face.

Feeling completely fragile, Aria sank further into her wife's embrace. She followed the sound of her wife's cooing voice, the sound of her heels clacking lightly on the tiled floor as she carried her closer to the bed. Aria waited for the eventual to unfold. She spread herself open to her wife. Her whole being concentrated on the touch of her wife. Every brush of skin against her. Every brush of hair. Every furtive blink. The tremors of desire coursed through both.

"My tender princess, will you allow me?" asked Astra, moving Aria closer to the massive canopy bed that dominated the master bedroom.

Before Aria could utter, she was laid on silk sheets.

Astra sat on the edge of the bed, slowly, and tantalisingly, the hem of her gown lifted, generously revealing a creamy white thigh guarded by a lacy garter. Lowering her palms, she traced the fine curves of her ankles before liberating her feet from the confines of her expensive wedding pumps. Astra kicked the diamond studded footwear as if it were cheap imitations, her eyes drinking the heaving form of her heaving bride.

The deliberate exposure and the slowly tantalisingly move was too much for Aria to hold back. She tried to raise herself to get near her new wife, but Astra raised a delicate finger, stopping Aria's advances.

"Let us get ready, shall we? Do not worry, my lovely wife. You shall always come first in everything I do." The meaning behind those words, very evident. Aria knew what to anticipate.

Astra gathered the hem of her gown, revealing divinely long legs, sculpted and toned in form. With a grace of a stalking panther, she prowled on the bed, edging closer to her anticipating new wife. One knee bent over her wife, her other leg pressed against her wife's side.

"Settle down, my precious flower. Have I not made myself clear?" whispered Astra, a seductively teasing in Aria's ear.

For once, instead of responding verbally, Aria allowed her body to answer the question, as her hand crept up the stockinged thigh of her new bride, rising slowly up till it met the exposed layer of silken smooth flesh between the edge of the garter and her wife's wet and treasured spot.

Aria's heart hammered inside her cage, as Astra spread her legs apart, granting her greater access. With slow deliberation, Aria's thumb and fingers brushed along the rim of her new wife's soaking panties. Every neuron of Aria fired, taking in the wetness, the swollen bud struggling behind and the pulsations beneath the flimsy fabric.

"Want me to remove the garter?" asked Astra, and with am impish delight added. "Or, would you commit yourself to the task?"

"I...mmm...yeah." A troubled moan escaped Aria's lips, words failing in the heat of the moment. "Can I do it myself, please?"

Aria's breath hitched when Astra reached out, and pulled her wrists, pinning them against the mattress, while leaning in to tease the smooth skin below her earlobes.

"Can you still commit yourself to the task, now?" teased Astra.

It took every ounce of control not to shake the excitement, both because Astra restrained her and because Astra was alluringly, dangerously alluringly, so close.

Then, without warning, Astra turned, lips pouted and seeking Aria's own.

Just in time, Aria broke free of the all-consuming spell to twist her neck away from the kiss. "Astra, please no."

Astra's brow pinched.

"I must confess. This cannot continue." Aria heaving, pushed through heavy words out, past the hardened lump lodged in her throat. "My family wants you dead. Even now...my lips are poisoned. My kiss is deadly."

Astra chuckled. "So that is your secret."

Aria was unprepared. She expected scorn or disgust from Astra, but not the casual brushing aside. It filled her with loathing...at her own self. Tears slowly pooled in her flowing, liquid brown eyes. "I have been forced against my will. It is true, my family wants me to eliminate you on our first night."

"I have heard tales of the mafia princess of the Wrede family. Aria liked to toy with her victims. A volatile temperament she possessed, they claimed. Left many a lover, ravaged and battered, the stories embellished." Astra's chuckle grew with every moment, louder and louder. "But who would have thought, the ruthless mafia princess is actually a pillow princess? My little princess, your joy before mine. Your comfort before mine. "

Aria could barely process the words she heard. She stared up at Astra's picture perfect face. The part of the Niraveolan Oath again.

"My tender flower, I will take care of you. Don't worry that I would force you to reciprocate what I did to you." With those words, Astra's lips grazed Aria's.

Aria stared again at Astra's face. Though her structure seemed simple enough, Aria could tell by the taut muscles running beneath Astra's supple skin that the exquisitely shaped body belonged to someone strong. Even in this version, Astra had such phenomenal physical abilities. But they would serve her no more. Aria realised the poison seeping through Astra. Tears escaped her eyes, amplified by her own powerlessness to prevent. A hollow sense of hopelessness invaded her soul, unable to move, incapable of shaking the poison from Astra's system and aware that it was already killing her.

Her hands flew, liberated from the hold, to grasp at Astra's pure white wedding gown, fighting to hold on to her new wife. But it was useless. No matter how hard she struggled, she could only watch futilely as her Astra fleetingly withered away.

Suddenly, Astra withdrew, giving Aria a look of pity. Her palms clasped her wife's cheeks, tears pooling in them. Astra wiped Aria's tears with her thumbs, all acceptance, and cocooning comfort in the gesture. "Oh my poor, naive little princess." Then, the all-knowing smirk came.

Astra walked over to her night stand. Rummaging through, she took a remote, and tapped it to slide the panel in the bedroom wall open, revealing a wide screen. Her action fed electronic life into the multitude of pixels.

"Sweet Aria, how frightened you must feel right now." Astra spoke with deliberate pause. "I am sorry, for putting you through this."

On the screen, the images gained clarity. Split into multiple screens, each one an aerial shot, the camera zooming in closer.

"The truth is, I am already aware of the contact poison," said Astra.

The images on the screen became distinguishable as the camera zoomed down further to reveal Phaedra, lying on her stomach atop a building. One eye squinted hard close, while her other eye on the scope mounted on the sniper, its muzzle pointed down. Aria only had to guess who the targets were and her guess would be right.

Astra tapped open a communication line. "Phaedra, change of plan. Abandon."

"But they are about to move into our territory," protested Phaedra.

"Fresh orders to your squad. Do not engage the Wredes. Move out," ordered Astra, and stood still for a few seconds, watching her enforcer leave the spot.

"Astra, what is the meaning of this?" Aria stammered.

"I ask your forgiveness for putting you through this. Like I said, I knew about the contact poison on your lips, and I already took the antidote." The vulnerability in Astra spilled with every word. "When I became aware of the plot, I set my enforcer, Phaedra, with counter-measures. She had instructions to eliminate your family should they move in."

Aria still swallowed a sob, despite the warm wave of relief undulating through her. "Why did you not say anything?"

The look Astra gave her begged volumes.

A heady mix of emotions swirled within Aria. "Did you not realise I could not bear to see you harmed..." Then, the last part spilled, despite her guard. "Even as a simulation."

"You mean, in a simulation."

"Astra, stop being cantankerous," Aria snapped. Why does the simulated Astra carry the same haughtiness as the real one?

"But, I am not. Aria, this..." Astra's further words failed in her throat, as unwilling to hold herself any further, Aria launched herself at her bride. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around Astra and never let go. Kiss her till exhaustion takes over. She found herself holding Astra like a fragile porcelain doll.

In turn, Astra melted in her embrace. Not daring to release the grip of her new wife. Her smile turned infectious. Their cheeks touched lightly, lingering, playfully nudging. Finally, she parted Aria's ever-willing lips, relishing a bright, coral mouth, aching to be taken. Cherishing the moment, Astra kissed her way across Aria's cheeks. The anticipation was palpable, the heat and the hunger simmering for both. Finally, her mouth met hers.

Aria admired the shape of Astra's lips, loved the lushness and the symmetry. They fitted together perfectly, seeming to have been made for one another. She felt Astra press closer, slipping her demanding tongue into her waiting mouth. Her wife's other hand tangling itself into Aria's hair, coaxing her head back gently. The kiss grew hungrier, more ravenous. It ignited something deep inside Aria. She struggled with the knots of Astra's wedding gown, fingers eagerly seeking the bare skin of her wife.

"Please," Aria murmured, evading Astra's kisses.

Astra chuckled. She knew the question, the desire, and the need. "In due time, my little princess." Using her free hand to slide up the side of Aria's legs, fingers hooking into her waistband, she tugged her eager soulmate closer. Another set of soft kisses followed.

Aria tried to resist, but the moist warmth pressing, oozing through her core, robbed her of all will power. Moisture glazed through the thin material of her panties, dampening the fabric of her finely cut slacks. Pulsating need pounded through her whole body, forcing her legs apart. Twin desires waged a war inside her. The deep desire to rip Astra's wedding gown, to let her hands roam uninhibited, and the frustrating expectation for Astra to throw her on the bed and explore her body.

Finally, with great reluctance, Aria tore herself away from Astra's addictive lips.

Astra sighed deeply. "My pretty wife, I want you too." The contentment, tenderness, and promise Aria saw in Astra's eyes stole the battle of wills.

Aria knew what she must do. She settled her frame on the edge of the bed, hands spread on either side, supporting, owning the space. With her voice, a powerful command, Aria ordered. "Strip."

Her new wife's response was almost imperceptible, as if Astra had read Aria's mind, a hand releasing the clasped straps and the knots from their holding. Sliding it off her shoulders, the luxurious fabric slid partly on Astra's toned frame.

Her own urge to express herself heightened, as Aria beckoned her new wife and placed a palm, stroking the exposed flesh of Astra's waist. Without taking her eyes off her new wife, she collected the hem of the wedding gown, pulling it in an effortless tug along the contours of Astra's lovely form. Nothing remained but the tight, pristine white lingerie. Slowly untying the binding of the bodice, Aria dragged the fitting, exposing Astra's upper half.

Bending forward slightly, allowing the tips of Astra's breast to graze her face, Aria grinned wickedly, and pressed a kiss, one of each of those mounds. Astra's nipples twitched, aching for more.

"Delicious," purred Aria, her breath teasing Astra's taut nipples. She traced one breast with her thumb, following the smoothness of the silken surface. The touch awoke the insistent desire inside. From a mere touch, she had built a hunger for more.

Heady with the aroma of both their arousal, Aria sucked a nipple into her mouth, biting gently, swirling the sensitive flesh around, creating exquisite friction, building up her new wife to ecstasy.

To show her gratitude, Astra grabbed Aria's head, her knees buckling. While gasping for air, Astra gathered her balance. Smiling at the fumbling, Aria lifted Astra's hips higher, loving the feeling of her new wife's body sliding against her own, the golden wetness from her soaked panties leaving a trail on her slacks.

Lust grew in tandem with the temperature in the room. Aria clasped Astra's breast, fingertips fluttered against the soft skin, savouring the feel of the loving texture. She reached out, taking on satin tit in each hand, moaning as Astra rolled her hands through Aria's suit.

Soon, Aria was liberated off her expensive suit and the silken shirt, only her bras held her breasts that were too eager to jettison into Astra's mouth.

Their tongues clashed again, as Astra pushed Aria against the mattress, plunging her tongue deeper into her hungry mouth. The hungry exploration lasted long enough for Astra to unclasp the hooks, freeing Aria's twin globes for her to indulge.

"This feels soooo good," moaned Aria, as Astra's expert mouth twisted, nibbled, licked and sucked. Every flick, stroke and pinch, made Aria strangely aware of her own skin.

"I am going to do something, if its painful, tell me," said Astra and lowered her mouth to the firm mound of Aria's breast. Astra took a tentative bite, tasting the salaciousness of Aria's skin.

Nerves in Aria's neck stretched to a breaking point, welcoming the needful nip, and small, sharp pressure from her lover's ministrations. Releasing a moan, Aria gasped, she was certain she felt flames ignite inside her belly. Each bit of exposed flesh beneath Astra's skilled tongue sent shivers of excitement running through. Astra carefully moved from breast to breast, as if sensing the need, gently kissing each nipple, sucking it gently into her mouth, her wet tongue grazed, her mouth slowly turning it into a shivering pillar of pleasure.

Aria never dreamt of such sheer delight. The soft touch of her wife's, those warm squeezes on her breast, or the silky tip of her tongue, Aria found herself wanting much more.

"Astra, give me tit, please." Even as Aria moaned, her hair a mess from the thrashing pleasure, a mix of sensations rushed through her.

For a second, silence prevailed, before an amused sound escaped Astra's lips. "Not yet," said Astra, and her deft tongue returned to caress her wife's aching tits.

"Give me that tit!"

"Wait." Astra returned to her duties, slowly running her mouth over her bride's swollen nipples, causing her new wife to moan even louder.

"Playing coy, aren't we, gorgeous, but not for long." Aria draped her thighs over Astra's ass, trapping her hot wife between them. Only a flimsy layer of lingerie wear and slacks, separated both their moist and demanding vaginas.

Gyrating against her captive, Aria pulled Astra towards her hips, lips eagerly seeking. Nipples scraped against each other, drawing out tiny explosions.

"Mmmm....please," she pleaded.

Holding her gaze, a slow smile crossed Astra's face. Cupping one breast in her hand, she guided it, slowly and tauntingly, to Aria's willing mouth.

Aria devoured the whole pink bud, drawing it into her mouth, sucking it hard, alternating between pulling softly and lapping rhythmically. She groped the other breast, pinching lightly, rolling the stiff bud between her finger and thumb. She watched the desire spread across Astra's face, the rivulets of moisture running down her temples, her forehead a glistening mess. Her own desire was now unbearable.

Smirking softly, Astra hooked a finger in the waist band of the slacks and soon, her fingers working in tandem, unbuckled the belt. Her own heat, overwhelming, Aria kicked her shoes, allowing Astra her heart's desire of stripping Aria to her panties. Astra shifted slightly, adjusting in a way for their throbbing flimsy fabric covered clits to grind hard against each other.

Feeling herself growing slick and restless, Aria knew she needed release badly. Grabbing hold of her new wife's hair, she yanked her head up, and kissed. When their mouths parted, she leaned in and whispered in Astra's ears. "Are you ready now? Can I taste you?"

Outside, the view was dominated by a cerise coloured sky, and a giant tidal wave of pale green waters and dazzling brilliant pearls the size of a billiard balls washed through. An infallible reality swallowed by another.


"Sidra, analysis. What the fuck happened?" Astra almost shouted. For a moment, the knowledge of their neural nanonic interface forgotten. She turned to see Aria twisting and rolling in her sleep, an understandable, moan of frustration came from her wife's lips. For a terse few seconds, she stared at the sleeping form of Aria. Assured of her wife's safety, she relaxed.

"Captain, questions vague. Insufficient information to perform analysis," replied her implanted assistive A.I. "Perhaps, granted access to the exact nature of the events, I could run a modelling on the set."

"Denied. The details of what transpired between us in the VBrane world are not for your analysis."

"So I am expected to provide a solution without knowing the problem? I am curious, Captain, what fantasies did you entertain?"

"Sidra, you are an A.I." Astra reminded, irateness suppressed. "You can't get curious."

After a brief pause, information flowed through their combined neural synapses. "It is for science, Captain."

"Access still denied, and also denied any future request to access the same." Astra frowned at Sidra's awareness, then reminded herself that her A.I. could still monitor her body state and infer. "The VBrane world became unstable, and we were forcefully ejected. Any plausible reasons?"

"The technology you both used wasn't exactly well hardened. It is more of a hacky gadget. Such instabilities are expected, and..." A deliberate pause. "With the limited information made available, I would surmise they are within acceptable norms."

"Sidra, when did you get so sarcastic?"

"Captain, just as how I cannot get curious, I cannot get sarcastic either."

Astra wasn't certain of either.


 

Panic surged through Fleet Admiral Bel'Kairan. She could almost feel... No... felt her presence. Yet, Astra was not there. The Vajran woman lashed, enraged and unbridled rage that broke through her veneer of Stoic authority. Still silence prevailed the command deck of Morinth, her aides and officers, stunned and cowering, even the million transitive signals and power surges in the deck froze at her temperament.

"Fleet Admiral," one brave aide eventually broke the silence, "we will now evacuate the deck."

Hooded with a hard squint, Fleet Admiral Bel'Kairan's eyes considered the aide with the intensity of a searing hot blade.

"We have been ordered to remove ourselves from your presence." The aide provided.

"This is the deck of Morinth. My battleship. The Fleet Admiral's very own command vessel." Disappointment and rage gave birth to contemptuous arrogance. "Who dared to issue an order here? Only the foolish or the reckless with a death wish."

"Xiana, I am neither." A flick of her wrist dismissed all from the command deck.

Xiana Bel'Kairan turned towards the hologram, very life like and almost too close to a perfect image of her wife. With every bit of self-control, she willed her breathing to calm. Despite her best effort, tears slowly broached her well constructed facade of authority.

"My dear Xiana, such tears do very little justice to your beautiful face."

"Vierna, have you sensed it too? Is it why you are here? Very surreal. I swear, I sensed her, but Astra was not there." Xiana remembered the uncanny feeling of vacancy left by Astra. In all their recent conversations, they hardly spoke of anything other than work. She wished Astra to be by her side. But, the futility of wishing stopped in her throat.

"I received confirmation that our Astra is alive. In fact..." Vierna minced her words, taunting Xiana, watching her wife press her lips together to stop from trembling, then the heart-warming smile of relief painting on her face.

"Come on. Don't make me beg for it," Xiana replied with an alacrity of anticipation. Tears from moments ago, disappeared into thin air. She eyed her wife with curiosity. Her soulmate always had strange ways of teasing her.

"She has crash-landed on a planet with an evolving civilisation called earth. And." Vierna grinned widely, revelling in the looks of rapture on Xiana's face. "...had integrated herself well with the natives."

"What does this mean, Vierna?" Xiana prodded. After a minute's silence, an agonisingly sweet grin crossed her face. "She found someone there!"

"Sadly, that's all the information I have. Phaedra wasn't exactly forthcoming nor, is she in a communicative mood currently."

"You sent Phaedra?" The relief gave away to a hardened expression of uncertainty. Xiana pinched the bridge of her nose, and with the back of her hand rubbed the ambivalence away from her eyes. "Vierna, despite your predisposition to regard Phaedra as your own daughter, you know how my own feelings are ambiguous when it comes to her."

"Predisposition?" Vierna tried not to stare at the reserved expression on her wife's face. "My feelings are not predisposed when it comes to Phaedra. She holds the same place in my heart as our Astra."

"You let an unbound Sentinel, a menkaran Sentinel, get close to our daughter." Xiana abandoned her mask of composure, plain and raw emotions spilled forth in the accusation.

"Love, don't look at me with those baleful eyes." Vierna inhaled deeply, her voice filled with a reassuring confidence. "In hindsight, the decision to send Phaedra was the right choice. Even now, Roga Skarii has put a call for mercenaries to gather under his command. Each moment, he is summoning every space pirate who owned his fealty. The planet earth is effectively quarantined by the pirate Lord Roga Skarii. Only Phaedra's continued presence saved Astra and the planet earth."

"And who will save those natives from Phaedra?" Shaking at Vierna's asserting, Xiana turned away from her. Sinking into a seat, she held her head in both hands, unable to process emotions anymore. For a while, she simply sat there in her reverie. Suddenly, something triggered an epiphany. "We will stick with the original plan, and procced deploying more wide-range broadcasters, and signal attenuators. We will continue to pull her in the VBrane world."

"But Xiana, why?" The poignancy of Vierna's question did not escape Xiana. "Astra is well guarded by Phaedra. She is safe that way in earth."

"What exists in earth is a complicated and messy and unpredictable deadlock, and it could end in any way."

Vierna had to remind herself that her wife Xiana is the fleet admiral of the covenant. Noticing the nuances of an oncoming war was Xiana's forte, almost a second nature to her. While Vierna might claim her skill in covert operations, she would have to defer to her wife's judgement in the current situation.

"With her consciousness in VBrane, Roga's plan to spread his ruthlessness by announcing Astra's plea and screams to the whole galaxy will crumble," said Xiana. "He will have to either abandon the siege or improvise."

With a resolution in mind, Xiana stood up. The mischievous glint in her eyes made, Vierna all hot and heady. Ever since taking the office of the Fleet Admiral, Xiana had always held herself to a measure of accountability at the cost of shackling her rebellious inner beast. But now, Vierna saw that expression on Xiana, and understood its implication.

"Both are beneficial to us," continued Xiana. "He abandons, we go and extract our daughter. He improvises, then he risks getting into direct conflict with Phaedra."

Vierna swallowed hard. Xiana was aware of the appeal of seduction permeating the deck, reminding her wife painfully that she was not physically there, on the deck, closer to her. A payback. Xiana watched her only other half's face struggle as she beamed a wink carrying salacious promises. Now that Astra's safety was assured, Vierna's needs took a turn.

"Love, would take for a nice stroll in our VBrane world?"

Xiana precisely knew what a nice stroll meant. The last nice stroll ended being more than just a stroll. "Covenant Phantom, Vierna, the wraith. Let me remind you, unlike a phantom with no responsibility to anyone, the needs of a Fleet Admiral's office is demanding."

Xiana could not help but think of Astra. Which personality of her mothers did she inherit? Especially with a lover. Would Astra be precise, state her desires and demand like her? Or would she subtly nudge, and beg like her wife?

"Love, we could meet in and discuss the logistic of extracting Astra," suggested Vierna.

"The only thing you are interested in extracting are my panties. Now get out of my command ship."

With a flick of her wrist, Xiana dismissed the hologram.


Astra trailed Aria, wadding through the sea of bright pink, green, and blue hair-coloured cosplayers. She politely ignored the occasional request to indulge in photographs with strangers. Her eyes were held on Aria. She wondered why Aria insisted on driving hours, away from their residence, to an Animecon. One fact stood evident. Ever since the failed attempt in the VBrane world, so close to their first time sex, Aria behaved as though she carried the painful stung of a thousand scorpions.

As much as Astra yearned to engage Aria about the circumstance, she refrained from pressing. Better to let Aria come to her own terms. Her wife needed that the space, and she would provide her all the time required. It mattered least to Astra that just short of five months, her bargained year period would end. If the passion that Aria showered her in the Virtual simulated landscape were anything to go by, her wife would not relieve her of her Niraveolan Oath.

So why did Aria blow hot and cold between their simulated reality nights and the waking days?

All those smouldering affections and unbridled passions disappeared at the wake of the day. Not that Aria gave her the cold shoulder during the day, but that fiery carnal lust was absent. In the end, after much deliberation, Astra concluded, quite assuredly, and with higher margin of certainty, that Aria suffered from some body-dysmorphia issues, perhaps, too much cellulite in her thighs or a mole on her butt-cheeks that made her extremely apprehensive about exposing herself for the first time. But that would change -- in due time.

"Aria, why did you want to come here?" asked Astra.

For a brief moment, a paltry two seconds, when Aria turned, Astra could swear she saw deep pain carved on her face which soon bloomed to a smile hiding the true meaning.

"Madam Captain, is our earthly pop culture too lame for your galactic tastes?" Aria smirked with camaraderie.

"Love, never a moment would feel lame," replied Astra, beaming another of her infectious smile. "But if this is your sly attempt to imply I am snobbish at times, then, I shall accept your apology, my tender princess."

Aria's eyes widened, at those last three words. She calmed her racing heartbeat. Just observational bias. Purely coincidental.

"And what should I apologise for?" Aria playfully cuffed Astra's arms. "My intentions regarding you are purely altruistic and chaste."

"More like chased." Astra gave Aria a mirthful, accusatory glare. "Like you will never demand a tit from me."

"What? Me. No way." Aria's inner self was drenched in sweat, though her face held the carefully crafted surprise expression. "Never."

How is she doing it? Myles made it certain that the version of Astra was a mere simulation from her mind, not the real Astra.

Do Vajran's possess mind reading abilities? No. Not possible. Not considering the interaction with Phaedra. The Menkari girl directly spoke her thoughts to Astra, and the way she faced Astra, it was not the manner one would taunt if the opponent was capable of psychic abilities.

"Look into my eyes and say that you never uttered those words." Aria's regal amethyst eyes suddenly looked as if brilliant electric sparks roamed behind.

Aria ignored the stream of weaboo, with their konichuwas, sumimasens and domo Arigatous, her breath hitched in her throat. Her body answered on its own. Aria was powerless. It was impossible to stare at Astra's eyes and deny, that, they held any connection.

Blurred was the tall form of another stunned cosplayer who stood at a few meters away. Aria's whole universe became a fragment of truth in the form of Astra's eyes.

Aria leaned closer, inviting her dream to become a reality. She tried desperately to contain her growing excitement as they drew nearer. When finally they touched lips, Aria wanted to sigh with relief, but she found she couldn't do that. Astra's warm mouth on her, tasting of dark berries and mint tea, strong yet pleasing, dig the suppressed desires shackled inside her. Aria pushed back, her tongue fighting to explore Astra's mouth.

The sweet sensation of fighting back, taking what was rightfully hers, was intoxicating in its rewards.

When Aria returned to reality, her sight gaining depth, the figure a few meters beside gained sharpness. Aria's expression morphed into shock.

Aidan stood beside.

And then Aria's expression turned to mocking, all raw evil and wickedly mad.

"Aurora-Chan, are you coming?"

For Aidan stood -- in a catgirl outfit complete with an ultra mini-skirt, knee-high rainbow socks, and a blonde wig with faux cat-ears.

13