(Volume 2) 3: The gift of the Goddess
197 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this new world that you were talking about, Isn't it just sleeping in the soil, are you teaching me the ways to sleep in the ground like a dog, no scratch that, even dogs don't sleep in the ground anymore." Van said in annoyance. He almost believed for a moment that she was indeed a powerful being with a palace nearby or something just like those novels. But now they were both sitting in the ground, in a place that has lights, but 10 meters away from Van darkness continued again and behind them was the 2 meters iron door that now Van could see.

"Humph, what do you know, country bumpkin, what do think about this place, I'll tell you the benefits of this place: first there is light, second there are no monsters that can come here, and third those people who attacked the mine are still out there, but they can't find this place. And do you still feel cold?" Akka said the benefits of the place and continued to ask with a smug expression.

"Huh, no I'm not cold, why is that?" Only now did Van realize that this place is warm. And if what she said is true, that means this place is indeed very beneficial for them to stay for the time being. He didn't trust her at first because he realized she wanted to brag a lot that's why, but she's stronger than him plus he is a cripple. At least he can do for her is to let her brag about herself.

"Entrance of the dungeons are all like this, is to help adventurers to not get killed before they even enter." Said Akka with a slight smile, but when she saw Van, his face was deathly pale, she was surprised, but she immediately understood why. So she continued to say with an aura of a leader.

"But don't worry, I also don't feel like exploring this dungeon that is not untouched by anyone. After we rest for a while, we can leave from here. Even if they find us, we can just say that we are passing by, and no one will be suspicious about us, because no one saw us back at the mine, but if they catch us now, they definitely will not trust us." Akka said, and that made Van realize, how stupid it was for him to even question her indeed she likes to brag, but everyone has their own personality, who is he to judge?  Plus he was thankful enough that she didn't let him behind or kill him just like his family did, locking those thoughts away, he immediately sat cross-legged and said to Akka.

"Thank you." Van said as he opened his status.

"Well, as long as you know." Said Akka with a low voice, but Van didn't hear it because he was surprised by the continuous notifications.

 

{Congratulations you completed the mission: Rescue and escape from the battlefield.}

{Earning: exp}

{Congratulations you completed the mission: Escape from the mine.}

{Earning: 1 level up}

{You have leveled up}

{Congratulations you completed the mission: Level up so you can earn the gifts that the Goddess has given you.}

{Congratulations the Goddess has given you 2 gifts, to see the gifts, please press tap.}

A lot of notifications came, and that surprised Van a lot, and he can also feel his body strengthening, just a little bit, but he was surprised nonetheless.

(Hmm, it seems the Goddess has been very generous with you look at the gifts that she has given you.)

"Hmm, how can I see them?" Asked Van as he tried to tap the notification before him, but he couldn't, so he asked the system while scratching his head embarrassed.

(Wah so cute, Master is so cute when he is embarrassed you should say tap in your mind, Master.)

"Ok." Said Van, as he looked at the notification before him and said tap in his mind.

{Inventory, a cane.}

"Is it only this, System this is being stingy, not generous." Said Van, who wanted to curse out loud, but in the end, he just sighed. The System was different though she was shocked when she saw the actual gifts, and especially the cane. If the System had a body right now, she would've had her eyes opened wide.

(Master this are good gifts, just say in your mind the word description.) The system said with an excited tone. Van was surprised about how the system can be this excited, but nonetheless, he followed her instructions and said in his mind: description.

 

Inventory: Allows people to carry multiple things without the need for bags. When you have items inside the inventory it cannot be stolen even by the highest level thief, but there is a downside if a person is born with inventory but his soul is weak he will have to find a way to strengthen his soul or he cannot learn skills and will also have difficulty In leveling up.

 

Name: The Dragon Head Cane

Status: Damaged

Atk: ???

Magical power: S??

Skills: Haste,????,????,

Active skills: Pain killer,???,???,

Description: The cane is comprised of golden finished rubber components and other materials unknown to the system. Both the dragon head and cane tip are attached to the cane shaft with threaded rods. The cane needs 10 mana stones every day to keep the skills active. The creator of cane is unknown to the system but is speculated to have come from the ancient era.

Van was surprised by the description of both gifts, he thought that the inventory was something like everyone has it just like in those games, but it seems he was wrong as for the cane he thought as long as he took a health potion, why would he need the cane, but the cane seems pretty mysterious to him. As he finished reading the description of both gifts, another surprise came for him.

3