Chapter 145: Baihe’s Struggle
848 9 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
-----

CRASH!

Aim’s entire jaw was filled with countless ice crystals, which grew down towards his stomach! With whatever speed he had left, he rapidly ran away from Dan Baihe, vomiting ice crystals and blood everywhere!

AARGH!” Aim screamed in utter agony.

“W-What was that?! She got strong out of nowhere! She was so afraid before! What the fuck is going on?!” Aim started thinking.

The giant demonic jaguar looked at Dan Baihe in utter disbelief. Just seconds ago, he was completely overwhelming her in both speed and power.

He had already killed a strong A+ rank hunter and had given his soul to Beelzebub! If he killed the second, his deal would have ended there, and he would have gotten great rewards from the demon.

Which would have ultimately helped him ascend further in the ranks of the Death Apostles, as he was at the lowest so far.

Yet somehow… In that split second before Dan Baihe was about to die, she changed completely.

“…” She glanced at the demon right into his eyes, her own eyes glowing with a cold, blue light.

The temperature around their surroundings started to descend rapidly, and Aim felt utter dread out of nowhere!

“What’s wrong with her?!” He thought. “Ugh…! No! I can’t let her just intimidate me. She’s merely a human, and I’m an almighty apostle of death!”

Despite her silence, Dan Baihe had an internal conflict of her own as she glanced at the demon with anger.

“Who does she think she is? Appearing out of nowhere..." Dan Baihe was really furious. “A future version of myself? And acting so cocky... Was this some sort of skill activation? But even then, a future version of myself would have made a pact with that filthy archdemon! What right does she have to tell me I’m a weakling?!”

She was grinding her teeth angrily, making Aim even warier of her. However, the jaguar slowly started approaching her, slowly charging his entire body with lightning and demon power.

“She seems to be somewhere else now.” He thought, smiling. “I’ll eat her head while she’s zooming out!”

{Full Lightning Charge}!”

FLASH!

Aim moved towards Dan Baihe at lightning speed, reaching her in a mere second! His gigantic claws were about to tear her apart with his amazing speed!

However, Dan Baihe quickly glanced back at him, her mana erupting from her body as a tremendously cold wave of air engulfed him whole.

“{Blizzard}!”

FLUOSH!

“URGH…?!”

Aim was slightly frozen, and his speed was going down tremendously! And that wasn’t all. Dan Baihe quickly ran towards his back by sliding across the floor using ice and materializing a huge spear of ice.

“{Hardened Battle Instinct}!”

She activated the skill Skadi gifted to her, furiously unleashing a barrage of attacks by enhancing her physical stats temporarily! At the same time, her magic was swiftly conjured, and hundreds of icicle spears descended towards the jaguar, piercing his body at the same time as her physical attacks.

CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!

“ARRGHH…!”

Aim gave a loud groan of pain, quickly running away from Dan Baihe’s barrage of attacks! His heart started beating faster, realizing she wasn’t the same girl as before!

“You’re running away from me now?” Dan Baihe asked. “Why?”

She slowly walked towards Aim, the jaguar feeling stronger pressure from her. She wasn’t the same as Hector; she had the potential to become S-Rank, or even further.

“Heh, fine… I won’t hold back anymore.” Aim tried to feed his ego some more, smiling maliciously back at Dan Baihe. “Prepare yourself, you stupid brat!”

FLASH!

She reached her in an instant, his claws descending towards her back, aiming to kill her!

“{Frost Queen’s Armor}”

FLUOSH!

However, before his claws could reach her, an armor of ice covered her entire body, taking the hit for her as she twisted her body towards Aim, her spear reaching his neck and piercing it!

CLASH!

“ARGH…!”

The demon was utterly flabbergasted by her amazing reaction speed and battle-hardened tactics! Not only was Anna’s training, which she did almost every day, becoming useful now, but her skills were all being used in quick succession.

Aim’s wound quickly regenerated as he stepped back, but Dan Baihe didn’t give him time to calm down and rest, quickly kicking the air and reaching him in a mere second.

Ki was flowing from her body; her awakened physique is working wonders now!

“As Anna said, although my mana is limited, I also have Ki! I don’t have to limit myself to using just magic! I can fight physically and mix both battle styles.” Dan Baihe thought, smiling defiantly.

“You’re coming after me right away?! Bold bastard!”

“{Demonic Thunder}!”

Aim grew angrier, his Demonic Aura erupting from his body as black lightning quickly started to fall over Dan Baihe constantly, explosions of pure electricity following her every movement!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

“Concentrate, concentrate!” Dan Baihe thought, gritting her teeth. “I can do this... I haven’t been training and absorbing Monster Cores for nothing!”

Dan Baihe created several paths of ice on the floor, moving incredibly fast by ice skating on them. She evaded the lightning coming for her by a hair each time, reaching closer to Aim as she fired her spear towards his head!

FLASH!

“Do you think a mere spear can stop me so easily, you foolish human?!”

Aim furiously swung his giant claws, tearing apart the spear of ice into pieces!

CLASH!

POOF!

However, that ended up creating an enormous quantity of freezing mist, confusing him and slowing down his movements as his body was covered in a layer of thin ice.

“What the…?!”

And in that moment, Dan Baihe lowered her body and slid right below Aim’s torso, generating two new spears of ice, and aiming at his vitals—his heart and stomach!

“{Skadi’s Spear}!”

Both icicle spears grew much stronger as they pierced through Aim’s heart and stomach!

CLAASH! CLAASH!

“GRAAAAGH…!”

Aim quickly attacked back, kicking Dan Baihe with all the strength she had. Like a ragdoll, she was thrown away several hundred meters, clashing against dozens of rooms across the castle!

CRASH!

“Y-you damn insect…!” Aim roared, taking away his spears as his wound slowly regenerated; although very slowly, the freezing magic was activated within them, slowing down the regeneration speed greatly.

“Urgh…!” Dan Baihe suddenly noticed one of her arms was broken, and she saw several pieces of debris piercing her legs after having clashed over several walls. “If I hadn’t had my armor, I would have surely died.”

Despite having showcased an incredible amount of power and potential... It wasn’t enough to defeat the manifestation of a Death Apostle by herself.

Aim slowly made his way toward her, his face distorting in anger and his Demonic Aura growing larger and larger.

“I’ll enjoy eating you…” He groaned.

“I-Is this… as far as I can go?” Dan Baihe was sure she had already done everything she could at this point. “Anna… I’m sorry…”

A small tear fell from her eye as the memories of Anna went through her mind. She was the only person who had shown her genuine love and care since the death of her parents.

It might have only been a couple of months since she met her, but... She had already become someone important to her.

Someone she didn’t want to leave...

“Anna…!”

The thought of her beloved friend suddenly made her paralyzed body react; whatever was left of her mana and Ki erupted from her body.

Suddenly, she stood up, pointing her spear at the jaguar.

“If I die, I’ll die fighting.” She muttered amidst the blood coming from her mouth. “That’s... what Anna would say, isn’t it?”

“Fool… You’re already DEAD!” Aim laughed, leaping towards Dan Baihe. “RAAAAHHH!!!”

His lightning-charged claws reached her, swiftly slashing against her, explosions of lightning raging through as Dan Baihe attacked with her spear and her magic!

CLASH! CLASH! CLASH! CLASH!

Countless wounds covered her body, mostly burns made from Aim’s lightning or slashes from his claws; even one of her arms was cut down and flew away as if it were nothing. The pain dulled as her wound was covered in frost.

“RAAAAHHHH!!!”

Dan Baihe roared with all her might; ice and winds kept surging from her body, her Mana and Ki emptying rapidly!

“DIE ALREADY!!!”

Aim couldn’t believe how resilient she was! He was beginning to struggle! However, his lightning suddenly started wrapping around her body.

“{THUNDERSTORM}!”

CRAAASH!

“A-Ahh…!”

However, at that moment, Dan Baihe was completely burned alive by lightning.

Crack, crack…!

CRASH!

As her consciousness was beginning to fade away due to her approaching death, a crack in the air appeared right behind Aim, as someone came from within.

“A… nna…?”

“DAN BAIHE!!!”

With a scream filled with tears, Anna pierced through the portal, accompanied by her Familiars and Sara. They quickly attacked Aim!

“W-What the?! Who are you fuckers?! Let me take down my prey first at the very least.”

They distracted him as Anna covered Dan Baihe with her Celestial Light, conjuring all the healing spells she had and taking out an Elixir from her inventory at the same time as she caught her friend in her arms.

She kept healing her, Anna panicking as Dan Baihe’s eyes glanced at her, devoid of light. She wasn’t breathing either. Her skin was slowly healing and looking alive, but everything else seemed dead.

“D-Dan Baihe?! BAIHE!!!”

She quickly opened the elixir and tried to feed it to her, but Baihe wasn’t drinking it. Anna panicked, screaming, her arms trembling.

“N-No…! No, no, no, NO! This wasn’t supposed to happen!” Anna kept screaming, her tears flowing from her eyes.

“A… nn… a…”

Baihe’s consciousness was slowly fading away, darkness was slowly beginning to devour her whole, and the cold embrace of death was colder than the ice she wielded.

“Nooo!” Anna screamed, quickly drinking the Elixir, pulling her lips towards her friend, kissing her, and transferring the Elixir into her mouth, making her reflex drink it. “D-Drink it! DRINK IT, PLEASE!”

As Anna did the most embarrassing thing she could have ever thought about while trying to desperately heal her friend while her soul was still within her body, Baihe felt something.

“So warm…”

“What is this... warmth? So comforting, so…”

“So… Nice…”

“Anna?”

She suddenly felt the life of her body being recovered, as her internal organs were healed and her broken bones as well.

“Hmmm?”

Baihe opened her eyes slowly and weakly to find Anna kissing her lips tightly, transferring as much Elixir as she could into her through oral transfusion.

“A-Anna’s… lips…”

The warmth of her friend’s lips was otherworldly. She had already given up on life; in fact, even before, she felt quite hollow.

Having lost her family and everything... What else was left for her?

Yet, there was someone here who refused to let her die, no matter what.

The feelings she had for her, which she had refused so much to accept,.

She was the only person in this world who mattered to her.

“Anna…”

The only person she loved.

Her eyes started crying with the joy of being kissed by the only person she loved so much in the entire world. This blissful feeling was something she would never forget.

“Ah…!”

Anna quickly took her lips from Baihe’s lips, realizing she was awake.

“Baihe! Are you okay?!”

“Anna… Is that you?”

“Yeah, it’s me! Baihe! You okay?!”

“I-I’m fine… Hahh… T-That demon… Where is he- Ugh!”

Suddenly, Baihe realized she was missing an arm. The arm Aim cut down was destroyed into pieces. Her heart was beating faster as she realized her body was covered with scars, with a mutilated arm no less.

“M-My arm…!”

“It’s alright, calm down! I’m here for you!”

Anna hugged her tightly, ignoring everything around them.

Baihe’s heart slowly stopped beating faster, her panic receding as she was given the warm embrace of her friend.

“It’s alright…” She sighed.

“Anna…” Baihe started crying in her friend’s arms. “Anna! I was so scared. Hector died, and...”

“He died…?!” Anna muttered. “B-But as long as you’re alive, it’s fine. Calm down. Can you still fight?”

Baihe noticed how they were still fighting the weakened Aim; Sara and Anna’s Familiars were locking him, but they were already being slowly pushed back.

“That bastard…!” Baihe muttered, deciding to sort out her feelings later; this wasn’t the time for this. “Let me give him the last blow! I’ll avenge Hector at the very least!”

“Well said!” Anna nodded, oblivious to the strong feelings Baihe had now developed for her. “Astaroth, rise and shine, bastard! Become Dan Baihe’s new arm!”

“W-What?! Me?! A damn arm—AACK!”

Astaroth suddenly emerged out of the Purgatory Realm, his body and shape transforming into a purple-colored metallic arm, temporarily fusing into Baihe’s body.

FLASH!

Ding!

[You have temporarily transformed the Sealed Demonic Soul {Astaroth, Tenth Apostle of Death, King of Brutality} into the [Demonic Dragon’s Arm of Brutality (SSS+ Rank)] Prosthetic Arm Equipment!]

[While in this State, Astaroth’s powers are partially liberated and transformed into the equipment’s stats and abilities!]

[Whoever has equipped it will have full power over his abilities for a designated amount of time of your choice.]

[Character: Dan Baihe] has equipped the [Demonic Dragon’s Arm of Brutality (SSS+ Rank)], replacing her missing right arm!]

"Why am I a DAMN arm now?! This is ridiculous! At least turn me into a fucking sword or something!” Astaroth was already complaining.

“A prosthetic arm that is also a piece of equipment?!” Dan Baihe was flabbergasted, looking at her new arm. “It looks creepy, but it’s filled with power... When did you even get this power? And did you say Astaroth?! You mean... THAT Astaroth?”

“It’s only temporary, but make sure to use him well!” Anna smiled. “And yeah, the very same! I can explain to you what happened later. For now, we have to catch that bastard while we are at it! I’m not missing another loyal servant!”

“Loyal servant?! More like a slave!” Astaroth screamed.

“Shut up and obey me for now.” Baihe smiled, feeling much more driven after being revived by Anna’s kiss. “Hey! Cat face!”

“Ungh?!” Aim was suddenly greeted by Dan Baihe’s arm, transforming into a gigantic fist clashing against his entire head and blowing him away!

CRASH!

-----

If you can't wait for more chapters, there's over 45 chapters in advance over on Patreon! Pancakes Witch | creating Novels | Patreon

Also, if you're craving a much more brutal and powerful main character than Anna, make sure to check my new novel, published on Scribblehub and Royal Road: The Heavenly Martial Empress Returns: An OP Xianxia Returnee LitRPG | Scribble Hub

37