Chapter 58
263 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an underground stronghold located in the northern border region of the Country of Fire, Asuma caught sight of Sakumo and Orochimaru as they approached. He rushed forward instantly, his anger evident as he shouted through the cage enclosing him.

"This is one of Orochimaru's covert bases," Asuma thought to himself, frustration growing.

"Hokage-sama's son... it truly was you," murmured Sakumo, observing the tense encounter, his nervousness palpable.

"Asuma-kun, I'd suggest conserving your energy," Orochimaru advised coolly, his gaze fixed on Asuma within the cell. After a brisk reminder, he turned to Sakumo with a smile.

"What have you got for me, Sakumo-san? Tatsuya-kun mentioned you might have something to deliver."

After a brief pause, Sakumo handed a small scroll to Orochimaru. As Orochimaru unfurled the scroll, his eyes skimmed the content, a smile playing on his lips.

"Sarutobi-sensei was so furious that he sent Anbu to track me down. It appears the prior agreement is null and void."

Originally, Hiruzen and Orochimaru had a pact for his defection. Despite Konoha's proclamation of his rebellion, Orochimaru didn't anticipate a real pursuit force.

However, his abduction of Asuma had infuriated Hiruzen, leading him to now consider Orochimaru a true traitor which warranted the dispatch of elite Anbu troops for his or Asmua's capture.

The scroll from Tatsuya reminded Orochimaru to stay cautious.

"It's nearly time to relocate the base," Orochimaru mused, placing the scroll under the light of an oil lamp, and setting it ablaze.

In the flickering light, Orochimaru turned his gaze towards Sakumo, his eyes harbouring malice.

"But I didn't anticipate Tatsuya-kun would send you with a message. It suggests a major move is afoot."

"Tatsuya plans to exploit the impending Ninja World War to undermine Third Hokage's authority. Tsunade will be standing to take over the Fourth Hokage's mantle," Sakumo responded, his brow furrowed.

From his prison, Asuma's eyes widened in disbelief at the revelation. Unable to process the information of what he was hearing.

"That sounds incredibly challenging," Orochimaru mused after the scroll had turned to ashes, resting his chin on his hand.

"You think Sarutobi-sensei would willingly yield his Hokage status? He'd rather die."

"Just wait for the news," Sakumo replied.

"Ah, Sakumo-san won't struggle against Teacher Sarutobi for the position of Hokage, will you? Do you still hold any hope?" Orochimaru taunted, observing the conflict in Sakumo's eyes.

"The intricacies of Konoha's politics run deeper than expected," Sakumo's tone turned sombre.

Especially after Tatsuya requested help relaying this message to Orochimaru, Sakumo felt his fundamental beliefs unravelling.

Orochimaru's smile widened, recognizing that White Fang's mental turmoil was even more potent than his physical strength.

"You won't succeed!" Asuma erupted in his cell.

Orochimaru raised his hand irritably, and Asuma's demeanour shifted abruptly, writhing on the floor in agony.

The bizarre, black curse, resembling intricate black seal marks, rapidly spread across his body...

...

The news of the Third Kazekage's sudden disappearance spread like wildfire throughout the Ninja world in an astonishingly short period. It was an event impossible to conceal, a vanishing act that cast a shadow too large to go unnoticed. In response, numerous prominent Ninja villages swiftly sprang into action, stirred by this revelation.

Among these villages, Cloud Shinobi Village, nestled in the northernmost reaches of the Ninja World within the land of Lightning, was quick to react.

"Seize the opportunity and deploy our forces to Sunagakure!" The resonating voice of the Third Raikage, widely recognized as "The Strongest Raikage," boomed through the room, the force of his words nearly shattering the entire desk before him.

For some inexplicable reason, it seemed that each Third Kage of all shinobi villages aspired to be deemed "The strongest." Hiruzen Sarutobi was hailed as the most formidable Hokage to date, while the Third Kazekage was celebrated as history's strongest Kazekage and most potent wielder of Magnet Style. Likewise, the mantle of the Third Raikage also boasted this distinction.

Yet the Third Raikage, often hailed as the mightiest, undeniably lived up to this prestigious moniker. His Offence stood as the perfect counterpart to his indomitable shield, a pinnacle of Kage-level mastery. Under his guidance, Cloud Shinobi Village had undeniably achieved its zenith, a testament to his leadership.

Apart from himself, his two sons, A, and Killer B, also radiated Kage-level prowess. Notably, Killer B had mastered the Eight-Tails' formidable power with astonishing proficiency. The only lamentable aspect lay in Yugito being too young, whose potential remained untapped due to her tender age. Despite her harmonious integration with the Tailed Beast, the battlefield was a realm still premature for her participation.

"Dad, must we engage with the Sand Shinobi? What gains could justify such a conflict?" The puzzled query of his son, the future Fourth Hokage, A, resonated through the room.

A was not averse to combat, but if war were to ignite, shouldn't their focus be directed at the prosperous Konoha or the stalwart Iwagakure?

Was it truly imperative to clash with the Sand Shinobi, a region deemed worthless?

"After all, Sand Shinobi is currently aligned with Konoha. If we were to assail them, do you believe Konoha wouldn't rally to their aid?" The Third Raikage countered, addressing his son's concerns.

"Perhaps... there's a decent chance they'd intervene," A conceded after contemplating for a brief moment.

Just then, the Raikage's aide, stationed nearby, interjected, "Raikage-sama, you could lead a raid on the Land of Wind, explicitly indicating that Cloud Shinobi Village intends to confront the Sand Shinobi. In response, Konoha, bound by their alliance, would undoubtedly rush to reinforce them."

With this manoeuvre, the northwestern region of the nation would be left relatively unguarded. That would be the opportune moment for A, his brother to attack.

A spark of realization ignited in the Fourth Raikage's eyes as he exclaimed, "Ah, I see it now. On the surface, it seems an assault on Sand Shinobi, but in reality, it's a ruse to divert Konoha's attention, granting us the opening to strike at Konoha!"

"Exactly," the Third Raikage affirmed with a satisfied nod, a grin stretching across his face.

"Suna is but a barren expanse of sand—there's little allure in its conquest. However, the Land of Fire, rich with valuable resources, is precisely what we need!"

Though Konoha's leadership in all past wars loomed large, what did the Strongest Raikage have to fear? Under his stewardship, Cloud Shinobi Village harboured a newfound confidence, one that brought them close to the might of Konoha.

READ 40 CHAPTERS AHEAD ON P*TREON.C*M/MARIONI

14