An Angel
93 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: An Angel

After hearing the village chief’s comment he could only smile awkwardly. The village chief’s wife interrupted the village head and change the subject, “Well enough about the incident, So have you chosen a village to settle in Mr.Rakins.”

“No, I am still searching for it, although I suppose this location would not be that bad to settle in.”

After hearing that the village head nods his head with a huge smile,

“That's correct this village may not have as much conveniences as other villages but this location does offer the excellent wine and gorgeous view you will not discover in any other villages.”

“I don't know about the view but the wine is truly one of the best I have ever had.”

“Hehe cheers to that”

After conversing with Ranulf for a while village chief was convinced that Ranulf was a good guy and a honest person. Village head may not have been a powerful guy but he could tell a life a person has lived just by talking to them. Village head could clearly tell that even though Ranulf seem rough he might possibly be a noble or some guy with a high status with the way Ranulf talks and acts. and may possibly be on the run for whatever reason

As long as Ranulf don't pose any threat to the village or villager, Oliver didn't intend do any thing but if does he does then he would have to report him. After that they finally concluded their dinner and retired to their respective rooms.

After getting to his room Ranulf lay on the bed and starts to consider if he should stay in the village or travel toward other settlement. Thinking about this Ranulf ultimately resolves that he would remain in the village for few days and observe the surrounding and finally decide on whether to stay or not. Even though he had few misunderstanding with the locals in the beginning he did have a decent impression of them by watching how all of them established a search team to seek for the children and he also had relatively good impression of the village head.

“I wonder what tomorrow will bring me?”

Next morning as usual Ranulf rose up with the sun and went outside to practice his sword swings even though he wanted to live a regular retired life somethings will never be forgotten and certain habits cannot be eliminated. It has been around 22 years since he started this habit and even though he was retired he didn't intend to eliminate this habit of his. While walking down stair he is greeted by Rose who was working with Mary, “Oh, Good Morning Mr.Rakins”

“Good Morning Mrs. Rose and Good morning to you too Mary.”

Mary only nods at him

‘Even yesterday she didn't say anything and kept on staring at me, she must be hostile toward outsiders like me.’

Thinking this Ranulf simply smiles.

“Where are you manners give your reply to Mr. Rakins.”

After listening to her mothers furious voice she reluctantly answers, Good Morning and runs from there.

Shaking her head Rose apologetically came towards Ranulf and says, "I am sorry for that Rakins, usually she isn't like this.”

“Its Ok Mrs. Rose she is just a kid”

“Well anyways where are you going this early?”

“Oh, I was just heading out for some sword swings.”

“Will you be okay, didn't you say that you were hurt and wouldn't be able to be a knight.”

Ranulf instantly averts his gaze and remarks

“I could still swing swords and even fight but I will get tired fast and wont be able to stand when there is conflict for a long time.”

“Okay then don't push your self, we shall eat breakfast after an hour. Do arrive early.”

“Of course!”

After that he carefully makes his way toward the slope at the rear of the home. As he walked up the top of the hill he could clearly see the view of the entire hamlet and thinks, "this spot surely seemed comfortable." He glanced at the the village for a bit and then started practicing few swings and did some of the exercises. After exercising for nearly an hour he gently made his way toward the village chief’s residence.

As he drew near to the village chief’s residence he saw a girl sitting in the swing in the backyard. As he got closer to the house he could clearly see the girl she wasn’t breath highly beautiful but she did had a unique kind of beauty.

. Then, he heard Oliver's voice from behind him

“What are you doing here Rakins?”

“Oh, I just came back from my training.”

“Don't push yourself too much it wont be beneficial for your damaged body.”

He merely grinned wryly on his comment. Just when he was ready to ask him about the voice. Mrs. Rose soon summoned them for breakfast.

Oliver, started pushing him from behind. “Lets go and have breakfast, the breakfast my wife serves are the greatest in the entire village.”

‘To you everything your wife produces is the greatest in the village’, I just thought it and glanced back still recalling the beautiful voice.

5