Chapter 11: Pride and Relief
115 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm sorry, for not uploading for two days. My college dorm suck, the water tank in the city is broken.

So, I have been struggling and also I got sick for one days. So, you guys have fun 

There also a three chapter advanced at the patreon

After a few days have passed, 

Toya has finally been discharged and he looks very happy that he has gotten out of that depressing place.

But now he is sitting cross-legged with his elbow on his thigh and resting his chin on his palm on the Engawa of his house.

[Note: Engawa resembles a porch or a sunroom. Japenese house outside corridor]

'What should I do now? Okaa-san doesn't let me go out until a week has passed. I need to find some way to spend my free time' Toya thought.

Then his sister jumped on his back and he held his little sister hand gently as she on his back. 

"What are you thinking so hard, Onii-chan?"

"Nothing, I thought you were with Okaa-san? What are you doing here?" Toya ask.

Fuyumi get off Toya back and sit on his lap. She put her head to his chest and hug him tightly.

"Are you okay?" Toya is a bit surprised but understand why she acting like this.

He rub her back and said with a smile "I won't leave you and always remember that I'll be back" 

"Hmm" Fuyumi hugs him tightly.

'Looks like the accident did scarred her. This will need a long time to recover' Toya thoughts as he caressed Fuyumi hair.

They stay like that for few more minutes and Toya ask.

"Fuyumi, Fuyumi" He finally saw that his little sister already fell asleep "Let's just stay here for a while"

About hour and half, Rei saw her children on the Engawa and Toya saw her. He reached his hand out and said "Help me, Okaa-san. I cannot move anymore my legs are sleeping"

Rei let out a chuckle and said "Wait a bit"

She carry Fuyumi off Toya legs and said "Why you didn't wake her up?"

"I felt bad, but Okaa-san I will head to the bathroom I have been holding it for quite a while" Toya said as he quickly rushed to the toilet.

Rei smiles seeing her daughter sleeping so well because she was unable to sleep after Toya went missing.

On the other room, Enji is sleeping next to baby Natsuo. He has been trying to spend some time with his family.

Even though it is quite weary to take care of a baby, he is loving every moment of it. He is becoming a better dad as time went by.

Back to Toya, who just finished peeing and he stand up.

"This is heaven" He clean his private part using water and then flushes the toilet. He also clean his hand and head out.

"That was amazing" Toya said.

...

A few hours later,

The Todoroki family is seated around the dinner table, the clink of utensils and quiet chatter filling the room. Out of the blue, Toya says, "Otou-san, train me."

The statement hangs in the air, catching Enji off guard and causing Rei to look at Toya in surprise.

"I thought Otou-san wasn't very good at teaching, Onii-chan," Fuyumi comments, her innocent remark unintentionally stinging her father.

Toya chuckles, responding nonchalantly while continuing to eat his meal, "That might be true, but Otou-san has the most experience."

Enji looks at his son, his eyes serious as he asks, "Are you sure you want me to train you, Toya?"

"Yes, I don't want to experience the same thing again," Toya replies, his gaze focused on his food, his tone resolute.

Rei and Enji exchange a look, their son's words echoing in their ears. Enji takes a deep breath, finally saying, "Alright, we can start your training after dinner."

"Great," Toya responds, a hint of relief in his voice.

Fuyumi, eager to be part of the action, asks her father, "Can I watch Onii-chan's training?"

Enji nods, adding a warning, "Sure, but stay on the sidelines. I don't want you to accidentally get burned."

"Okay," Fuyumi replies, her voice filled with excitement.

After dinner, the Todoroki family goes to their private dojo, a space dedicated to training and discipline. Enji, steps forward, his tall, muscular frame radiating an air of authority as he readies himself to guide Toya through his training session.

"I'm aware that you have impressive control over your flame, but given your new circumstances, I can't teach you my techniques. So, what specifically would you like to learn from me?" Enji asks, his voice steady and serious.

"I want to learn your flame-enhanced fighting style and need your guidance in creating a new one of my own," Toya replies, his tone equally serious.

"Are you considering becoming a hero, Toya?" Enji asks, a hint of hope in his voice. He had been both surprised and proud when he saw footage of Toya soaring through the sky propelled by his flames.

"I'll reconsider it," Toya responds, his answer noncommittal but not dismissive.

"Alright. As you know, my style of fighting is that of a brawler. To simplify it, you could say I'm a battle mage," Enji explains, his tone lightening slightly.

"A battle mage? Otou-san, have you been playing RPG games?" Toya asks, surprised by his father's choice of words.

"I too was a child once," Enji responds, a hint of nostalgia in his voice. He then continues, "So, what aspect do you want to focus on in your fighting style?"

"Speed," Toya answers without hesitation.

"In that case, you'll need to learn some martial arts basics before we can proceed with the lesson. Let's start with some basic boxing," Enji suggests, his tone shifting to that of a seasoned coach.

"Okay," Toya agrees, ready to begin.

"But I need you to incorporate your flame into it," Enji adds, emphasizing the importance of integrating Toya's Quirk into his physical training.

"Sure," Toya nods, understanding the challenge ahead.

Enji proceeds to demonstrate a perfect right hook, his form precise and powerful.

"Think you can do it?" Enji asks, turning to his son.

Toya, who has some prior knowledge of fighting, replicates the right hook accurately.

"Good enough for a beginner. Now, we'll add power to that right hook. Watch," Enji instructs. He assumes a boxing stance, a spark of flame igniting on his right side. As he launches a right punch, the flame intensifies, increasing the speed and impact of his punch. The force of it shatters the sound barrier.

"I want you to try creating a flame on your elbow to increase your speed and power," Enji instructs.

"Won't my hand break if I hit someone with that punch?" Toya asks, a valid concern in his voice.

"No, not if you practice enough," Enji assures him.

Toya assumes a boxing stance and attempts to launch a right hook. As he tries to incorporate his father's technique, he overdoes the flame, nearly toppling forward. But Enji catches him in time.

"I put too much," Toya mutters, steadying himself. "Let me try again."

Toya takes a moment to steady himself, drawing a deep breath as he visualizes his father's technique in his mind's eye. Opening his eyes, he launches into a right hook, a controlled flame bursting to life on his elbow to amplify the speed of his punch.

This time, he gets it just right. The punch slices through the air, releasing a gust of wind that stirs the quiet dojo.

"Is this acceptable?" Toya asks, a triumphant smile lighting up his face.

Enji's heart swells with pride as he sees his son's success. A rare smile graces his features as he says, "Of course, but now we can continue implementing the technique on every moving part of the body."

Rei, watching from the sidelines, can't help but smile too. She feels a sense of relief wash over her; her family isn't falling apart as she had feared. Instead, they're growing stronger, together.

Lost in her thoughts, Rei barely notices Fuyumi's awestruck expression.

"Woah, amazing," Fuyumi breathes, her eyes sparkling with admiration. The sight of her father and brother training together fills her with awe. They're so cool, she thinks, her heart brimming with pride.

7