First Step to the Unknown World
114 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location: ??????

In a deep forest, a tear manifested in the air, scaring the animals. Gradually, a strange creature emerged from the portal, unleashing a suffocating pressure. When Deoxys's body entirely left the tear, it fell onto the soft grass. Its pupils snapped open and scanned its surroundings.

'The plant life resembled the ones I'm familiar with...' Deoxys thought and stood up.

Deoxys flexed its healthy body as a comfortable sensation made its mind clear: 'The energy from this world is relishing.'

The alien spread its fingers, revealing the crystal and orb on both hands. The two items levitated into the air, floating around Deoxys.

'It's best first to explore this unknown environment,' The alien muttered: 'I have to treat any organisms here as hostile.'

Suddenly, the bushes before Deoxys rustled loudly, and an enormous praying mantis burst out of the greenery. Covered in a thick exoskeleton, the mantis screeched and charged towards Deoxys with bloodlust.

Calmly, Deoxys raised its arm and lifted the insect into the air. Suspended in midair, the monster thrashed with ferocity, but no matter how much it struggled, the insect couldn't escape.

Flying around the mantis with curiosity, Deoxys's interest was piqued: 'Creature resembled a large insect... Eight appendages, two of which were weaponised for grappling prey...'

The monster's arm was forced apart with its powers, and Deoxys closed in: 'Sharp mandibles, most likely a carnivore.'

Deoxys tapped the mantis's abdomen, and the monster shrieked angrily: 'It seemed to lack intelligence but still responded to normal stimuli.'

The alien disabled the telekinetic restraint, and the mantis swung its blade arm. However, to the monster's bewilderment, Deoxys quickly caught the sharp limb and returned with a punch of its own.

BOOOOM

The mantis's body exploded, spraying blood and guts everywhere. Deoxys stared at its hand, stained with blood, and the Pokemon felt slightly dreading: 'This is what killing someone felt like...'

It clenched its fist, blood oozing from the gaps from its fingers. Flicking its wrist, Deoxys shook off all the residue, cleaning itself from the disgusting flesh.

'Now,' Deoxys's pupils turned black with hostility: 'Who are the individuals circling me?'

Meanwhile...

"What.... What is that?" A young girl asked while quaking in fear.

"Shhhhh," A man beside her hushed: "What if it heard us?"

The girl gulped as she held the bow in her hand tightly, her hand turning white from the pressure. It's not just her; everyone from their hunting party was shivering from the suffocating presence the monster was emitting.

It was something they had never seen before. The creature resembled a humanoid with blue and red tendrils on each side of its body. Most of the monster's skin was reddish orange, with blue stripes on various portions of its body and a thin black abdomen. The creature has no facial features except the purple line running down the centre of its face. The core in its chest shined brilliantly, and its eyes flickered to life.

"What should we do...." The girl asked her leader, and the captain's expression stiffened: "Like we always do, warn our people and try to get as far away from here as possible."

"Watch out!" One of their members hissed as the bushes close to them shook.

A giant insect emerged into the clearing, and everyone held their breath. They were very familiar with this monster, a Giant Mantis, a creature that brought fear to their village. The demon instantly rushed towards the unknown beast, and the humanoid held out its hand.

Suddenly, the mantis stopped, trapped under a strange power. For the next few minutes, the humanoid played around the terrifying monster like a form of peculiar torture. Finally, as if it was bored, with a single punch, the rugged armour that the Giant Mantis was known for was shattered into pieces.

Some hunting members were drenched in the Mantis's blood but were too scared to move.

"Le... let's get outta here," a hunting party member whimpered.

"Captain..." The girl mumbled; however, the leader's expression was far from good.

"It's too late... It already noticed us..."

'Aol vulz opkpun, ylclhs fvbyzlsclz.' A foreign language voice entered their heads, and everyone froze in shock.

Despite being exposed, they still didn't leave their hiding spot and quietly nocked an arrow: "Looks like we have to fight."

Instantly, the leader fired an arrow, and the projectile whizzed through the air. The creature reacted in the blink of an eye and caught the arrow between its fingers. Simultaneously, arrows were fired from all directions and pierced the monster's body....

Deoxys stared at the sharp arrows sticking in its body. It quickly pulled the arrow and observed the sharp stone tips on each wooden stick: 'Interesting,'

It tensed its body, and all the arrows were injected from its skin. Deoxys could detect the nervousness from its attack, so it knew they had a more advanced way of thought than the insect from before.

The Pokemon curled into a ball before, and like a spring, it unfurled its tendrils. Like whips, each of Deoxys's limbs unleashed devasting slashes in its vicinity, destroying the tall trees and exposing its attackers.

'Humans?' Deoxys tilted its head as dozens of figures emerged from hiding, staring at Deoxys in horror.

'No...' As the alien observed more closely, it noticed the strange features on their body that didn't resemble the human race it was familiar with.

They all have black hair and two feline ears on their heads. Behind their waist, a slender tail is poking through their clothes. Instantly, in unison, they scattered, each running in a different direction, making it hard to chase if it was any other predator.

'Protect... Light Screen....'

Using this combination, Deoxys created a small area surrounded by a pinkish translucent wall, and the "humans" were effectively trapped. They desperately banged against the wall, but it was simply too resistant to their stone tools.

Using this opportunity, Deoxys teleported towards one of those "humans" and grabbed them by the neck, lifting them into the air.

"Zopa sla oly nv!" One of the "humans" near Deoxys howled angrily and attacked with a stone knife.

'A language I don't understand...' The Pokemon hummed and deflected the strike, tossing the attack across the forest.

'Qfu!' The "human" it captured screamed and glanced at Deoxys, terrified.

'These ears seemed to be a genuine organ...' It thought while lightly pulling it.

Using Psychic, Deoxys flipped the prisoner around and stared at the tail sailing wildly: 'This tail seemed real as well...'

Deoxys readjusted the "human" to face them: 'Seemed to be a female... Is this what humans in this world look like?'

"Wslhzl.... Sla tl nv...." The girl cried.

'They were communicating through an unknown language, which meant they have a complex thought process, possibly high intelligence...' Deoxys analysed: 'To study further, I need first to understand them....'

Deoxys reached out with one of its tendrils and touched her head. Staring into her eyes, it sends its Psychic energy into her brain and connects their minds. The girl's eyes rolled upwards, and her body shook when it came in contact with the energy, but Deoxys ensured it was enough not to kill her.

It glanced at the previous "human male" that attacked Deoxys with a dagger who was shouting hoarsely. 

"fvb tvuzaly!"

"What hyl you kvpun av tf sister?!

"Let her go!"

Finally, Deoxys has completed their language in the blink of an eye. Deoxys dissipated the remaining Psychic Energy and let go as the girl dropped. The man sprinted to the girl while placing him between Deoxys and her.

"Die!" He roared and fired three arrows simultaneously, all of which bounced off Deoxys's body.

'They are regrouping...' Deoxys thought as it detected the rest of those "humans" coming closer and closer.

Eventually, the remaining "humans" arrived and launched a cooperative assault. Spears, arrows and knives were all thrown towards the alien, but they all broke instantly.

They tried to restrain Deoxys using ropes and pulled the alien to the ground. Annoyed, Deoxys grabbed the ropes and pulled, dragging those hunters around and throwing them against the trees.

"Jyn!" Suddenly, one of the "humans" shouted, and Deoxys swung around.

It saw the man pulling back his bowstring with all his strength. Deoxys noticed something strange as the arrow was made in a different material, much more brutal and sharper than stone.

Deoxys took control of his foot with Psychic, forcing him off balance. The man fell while simultaneously releasing the arrow that made a sharp snapping sound when launched, where it wasn't aimed at Deoxys but the glowing green crystal floating beside it. Deoxys's eyes widened, and it reached out its arm to block.

BAM

This time, the arrow entirely pierced through Deoxys's palm, almost touching the green shard. It was as if time had stopped as Deoxys silently stared at the projectile stuck in Deoxys's hand.

'You....'

The temperature dropped alarmingly as Deoxys's bloodlust filled the forest. Rage overcame Deoxys's mind, glaring at the man with hatred.

'I will kill you,'

BOOOOM

Deoxys shattered the sound barrier with blinding speed, landing before the man and grasping his neck. It tightened as he began to suffocate. The man struggled, but his strength was too weak as his bones creaked, threatening to snap.

His friends tried to save him, but Deoxys ignored any of those attempts as it watched the man dying slowly before its eyes.

"STOPPP!!!"

A high-pitched scream echoed through the forest. The girl from before has woken up and rushed to their side. She tugged on Deoxys's arms while pleading: "Please! He didn't mean to hurt your child!!"

Deoxys froze, and its grasp momentarily loosened. It glanced at the girl as she cried: "I beg... don't kill him... please... I don't want to lose my only family..."

'Family...' Deoxys glimpsed at the man, then to the girl.

"I realised how much your child meant to you, and please believe me that we will never hurt it!" She wept.

It was only earlier that she had awoken where countless memories that weren't her own filled her mind. During that brief transmission, memories that weren't her own flowed into her mind and she managed to learn about her opponent.

A kind and gentle creature

One with a wisdom that surpasses the smartest sage in this world

Finally, an intense and burning love towards its child...

That's why she gave up on fighting. They weren't battling a bloodthirsty creature. But a loving mother.

Sensing her thoughts, Deoxys released the man and approached the startled girl. It gently lifted her chin and gazed into her eyes: 'Why should I spare him?' 

It was the second time she had heard Deoxys speak, and compared to the ominous tone, its voice was softer than before.

"~Hic~ Because when I was young, I lost my parents..." The girl gathered her courage and stared into the alien's eyes: "So I know what it's like to lose someone you cherish... So please, don't take my brother away from me..."

Deoxys glimpsed at the man, who it assumed was the girl's brother. He was watching with bated breath. The other "humans" had stopped and were too stunned to make a move.

An indescribable guilt sprouted in the alien's heart. It realised that out of anger, Deoxys was about to do something it would truly regret: breaking a family apart...

Gently, the Pokemon wiped the girl's tears: 'Okay.... I will trust you...'

-----------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy

7