Chapter 67: Our First Daughter…
74 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 67: Our First Daughter…

(Mercedes’s POV)

With Marinkia’s crazy plan to deal with the rest of the zombies, which turned out to mostly be Ava’s plan, Krul was forced to tell us the truth. That is, that a war wasn’t declared, and that Marinkia was basically exploring the earth randomly.

Just hoping to find that queen and bring her back. What Marinkia didn’t know… was that the call she made to Krul, the one where she begged her to come pick up Ava, we listened in on.

Clare informed us that it was highly likely Marinkia wasn’t playing a game, and that she saw Ava as her real daughter. But that call made it clear to us that such a thing was actually the full truth.

With that being known to us, we wouldn’t treat Ava badly. Instead, we will treat her like our real daughter, just like our wife does. It is only right. All this said, I am very excited to meet our new daughter! She looked so cute in that selfie, after all…

Krul: “I’m back!” She said after a maid opened the door for her.

Once Ava walked into the house, we popped little confetti toys to welcome her. Above the entrance was a large banner, of which Ava soon saw. The banner read, “~Welcome home, Ava. Our new daughter and granddaughter!~” and, when she looked at it a while, well… She fell to the ground, tears falling from her cute pink eyes.

Her being our daughter, Mai and I wasted no time to run over and console her. If she is anything like Marinkia, this will be something that we will have to do many more times in the future. The adjustment period is hard on newly evolved people.

Not that we mind having to do this. Like with Marinkia, we find it amazingly cute. Besides, it gives us another reason to pamper her and Ava. With Marinkia no longer being in the adjustment period, it is nice to have someone to take care of again. It has been many years since Marinkia’s adjustment period ended; you know…

Ava: “Sorry… I was just overwhelmed with emotions.” She said with an embarrassed tone.

Mai: “It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Now, do you have a birthday?” She asked.

Ava: “Um… I don’t really recall how long that I was born…” She admitted with a red face.

Mercedes: “That so? Then, how about we make today your birthday?” I proposed.

Ava: “…Okay. That sounds nice.” She agreed with a smile.

It was nice to welcome such a cute girl into our family. With Marinkia’s special species, we refused to get her pregnant. I mean, not like our kind even practices such a ritual. But there might be a chance that she could get pregnant. Which was why we convince her to get surgery so that she wouldn’t ever get pregnant.

Krul: “Shit!” She exclaimed.

Mercedes: “What’s wrong!?” I say with a concerned tone.

Krul: “I didn’t expect for it to be Ava’s birthday… I didn’t buy any presents!” She answered, bitting her fingernail.

Ava: “I don’t need any presents.” She said with a smile.

Krul: “Look! She barely had anyone spoil her entire life! Of course you need presents!! It is your birthday!!!” She denied with a stern tone.

Ava: “…”

Krul: “You all, prepare multiple birthday cakes! I will go get presents! Mai, you’re coming with me. Clare and Mercedes, you two console and pamper Ava!” She ordered quickly before leaving in a rush.

Clare: “…”

Ava: “…”

Mercedes: “…”

Clare: “Sorry, Ava. Krul gets really upset when special days aren’t done properly.” She said with a remorseful tone.

Ava: “Is it selfish to say that this makes me unbearable happy?” She replied.

Clare: “Of course not. Anyway, I am Clare. Marinkia’s mother. You met her other mother, Krul. Mai, one of Marinkia’s wives, was just taken by her. And that over there is Mercedes, her last wife.” She explained with a smile.

Ava was a good girl, it seems. She didn’t slack in listening to Clare’s explanation of our family structure. Which, was oddly kinda complex in some ways. I wonder what her reaction will be when Ava realizes that she is technically a princess?…

Mercedes: “It is nice to meet you, Ava. I am so happy to have such a cute girl as my daughter.” I say with a smile.

Ava: “Thank you… It is kinda shocking to now have three absolutely gorgeous women as my mothers…” She replied with a smile of her own.

Mercedes: “You’ll get used to it, I swear. Anyway, I am curious… Clare, why does Krul go crazy for special days?” I ask with a curious tone.

Ava: “I haven’t known her long, but she seemed to be the calm type of person. I too am curious about why she acted like that.” She added.

Clare: “Oh, it’s nothing special. Many, many years ago, Krul forgot to celebrate my birthday. I didn’t mention it the whole day, as she forgot, but I couldn’t hold it in at night.” She answered.

Ava: “…”

Mercedes: “…”

Clare: “I cried in her arms all night… The next morning, Krul said that she had failed me, and she swore that she would do better in the future. Since then, even thousands of years later, Krul has never missed a special day.” She continued with a wistful tone.

Thousands of years? Frankly, I never asked how long she and Krul have been together… It is clear that they have a long and very, very storied history with each other. Which gives me a bright hope that Mai and I will be with Marinkia forever as well…

Clare: “Enough heavy stuff! Ava, shall we go to your new room? Don’t expect Krul to bring back one or two presents, by the way.” She suggested.

Ava: “How many presents will she get?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Clare and me: “Probably a few hundred.” We both answer at the same time.

Ava: “…”

We took Ava to her new room, which was already a pink color matching her hair and eyes. We’ll just keep this a secret from Marinkia and Ava… This room was originally an extra copy of Marinkia’s room.

But with Ava, it was now a perfect match for her. Her height and built was practically the same as Marinkia’s. So all of the clothes in her new closet, shoes, accessories, etc. All will fit her perfectly. Ava had such a bright smile on her face, probably assuming that we prepared all of this for her. Ah… it hurts my heart to lie to such a cute daughter as this…

5