Chapter 73: Eventually…
54 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 73: Eventually…

(Marinkia’s POV)

You know, I might have been just fine and dandy waiting for this queen to come back to her kingdom. But Mai sending me pictures of her and our daughter having fun at a mall is making me go insane…

I don’t even fucking like going out!!! But I would easily do so if it was to spoil my daughter! My wives are pamper cucking me with my daughter! I should be the one to pamper her… I adopted her first!!!!

Okay, rant over… I only got angry for a little bit. I am glad that Ava is having fun and is happy. I guess that being in this shitty hotel room is driving me stir-crazy. When will this queen show up?…

Marinkia: “Hey, do you have any idea when the queen will be back? I have very important information to relay to her.” I ask the guard from before.

Guard: “Huh? As far as I am aware, she is trying to capture some humans from one of those Numen human farms. Unlike the Numens, we cannot even use PCs… Communication between our people is hard due to that limitation.” She answered with a sigh.

Marinkia: “That’s true… It is very sad that we cannot even contact our own queen…” I reply.

Guard: “…You seem pretty strong. With those special colored eyes and all.” She said with a thinking pose.

Marinkia: “I would say so, yes. But why bring it up?” I reply with a raised eyebrow.

Guard: “My friend went out on a mission yesterday, but he never came back. Can you go look for him?” She pleaded.

Marinkia: “In what direction? It will be hard to find him exactly, you know.” I say with a scoff.

Guard: “Just go south until you reach a destroyed city. It’s a city that was destroyed in the last great war. Ah, not counting the one that the Numens waged on the humans, I mean.” She explained.

Marinkia: “Hm… Okay. I don’t really have anything better to do.” I agree.

Guard: “Thank you so much! I don’t have much hope that he survived… Oh, right! He isn’t evolved like us. Instead, he is one of the tall buff zombies. Easy to spot.” She clarified.

Marinkia: “I see.” I say with a nod.

An Hour Later.

Leaving the city, I went the direction that the woman pointed out to me. With my speed, it didn’t take more than an hour to reach the destroyed city. Unlike those abandoned ones, this city was covered in rubble.

Grant was so damn lazy… Killing the world, and then forcing humans to isolate themselves in small districts… I still feel that Grant being given a chance at living, even as an AI that Anna uses for information, wasn’t a big enough punishment. It won’t be long before he runs out of uses and will be executed, though.

Regardless, I was now in that stupid destroyed city. The design was very, very old. It might even predate 2020… No wonder Grant didn’t bother to repair it. Where the hell is this zombie dude, anyway? I wish that woman gave me more information, such as why he even went here…

Is that smoke?… Walking toward it, I saw a small group of humans. Couldn’t be more than twenty of them. By their side was the specific zombie that the guard pointed out. Oops… looks like her friend didn’t make it… How the hell did the humans kill him?

Marinkia: “How did you kill that zombie?” I ask.

Woman: “…We didn’t.” She replied, the only one being brave enough to face and respond to me.

Marinkia: “What do you mean?” I reply with a confused tone.

Woman: “He killed himself… He was supposed to take us to the undead’s city, but for some reason he gave up living.” She explained.

So… the zombie killed himself, and now you’re using parts of his body to burn a fire? That’s kinda fucked up… The smell of burning flesh was never pleasant… Hey, wait… Chicken smells good when cooked, though. Humans just suck, I guess.

Anna: “Hello?” She answered.

Marinkia: “I found another group of humans.” I inform.

Anna: “All female?” She asked.

Marinkia: “…”

Why is that a requirement? Anna… I swear… Whatever. Looking at the group, all of them were female, just like the last group. This world seems to be pretty fucking hard on males, oddly.

Anna: “Well?” She said with a urging tone.

Marinkia: “All female, again.” I answer.

Anna: “Great! Go ahead and mark them. Someone will come to pick them up soon.” She replied.

Marinkia: “No, wait… why does it matter if they’re female or male?” I ask with a curious tone.

Anna: “I am a misandrist?” She answered with an unbothered tone.

Marinkia: “You’re just going to outright admit to it!?” I exclaim in shock.

Anna: “Did I ever make any efforts to hide my hatred of males?” She asked.

Marinkia: “…No. Is that why you leaked a drug that turned all the male mates into females, without Krul’s permission?” I ask with a curious tone.

Anna: “That’s right! Why else do you think that I worked so hard to find a vaccine for our human eating problem? I needed to do that to get a pardon. Otherwise, I would be Krul’s research slave for hundreds of years…” She explained.

Marinkia: “…”

What a crazy woman… I mean, I am a lesbian. But it’s not like I hate all males. I didn’t hate Grant because he was a man; you know. Even if he was female, he would have still been a horrible and evil ruler. Damn… I don’t need to think about this right now…

Marinkia: “What of the ones that I marked a few days ago?” I ask.

Anna: “They already all evolved. And they have uniquely colored eyes, too.” She answered with an excited tone.

Marinkia: “They all did?” I say with an unsure tone.

Anna: “That’s right! Not a single one died or turned into a zombie.” She replied.

Marinkia: “Awesome! Okay, I’ll mark this group and then return to that city.” I reply.

Anna: “Alright. No need to wait with them, though. The agents should be there in just thirty minutes.” She informed.

Marinkia: “Even better! Thanks!” I say before hanging up.

Looking at the group once more, they all seemed to be very hungry, not even having an ounce of strength left to go against me at all. How pitiful… That is, if I didn’t know that they will be Numens soon. Heh, how lucky…

4