Chapter 1: Uncaring Loss.
1.5k 7 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This novel is finished, you can purchase it digitally and physically on Amazon, digitally on various sites here, or can you also support me on for $10 or more on Patreon.

 

Chapter 1: Uncaring Loss.

(Selenia’s POV)

My past… I don’t quite remember it. Whatever happened in that life, my mind must have hidden the memories of it away, as it was probably just too traumatizing.

Even with my limited memories, I was aware that this world was different from my old one. It was like a novel. Simply put, this was a fantasy dimension, whilst my original one was a boring modern one.

Despite not having the memories, I was still a very quiet child. I hardly spoke or complained at all. My father in this life was a somewhat kind man who took care of me. But he was beyond poor.

He was an adventurer, and he would often be gone for a long time. He was pretty stupid, as I was always left starving. Though this was mainly my fault, as I never complain or do anything like that.

On one fateful day, he would commit a terrible sin. Blinded by his drunkenness, he tried to assault me sexually. Even though I am only 8 years old, I was still very beautiful. With pretty dark red hair. And a nice figure that a child shouldn’t really have.

He clearly mistook me for his deceased wife. As I wasn’t that responsive, I didn’t try to stop him at all. Luckily for my sanity, he stopped before he did anything to me. The man that I called my father looked disgusted by his own actions, despite not going through with them.

I would say his name, but that isn’t important anymore. The man wanted to hug me and apologize, but he realized that would be a terrible idea. Instead, he just told me that he was sorry, and then he left the room.

A few minutes later, or rather, now this is the present, I heard a loud thud. The house we lived in, was more like a shack. We lived in the middle of the forest, and the nearest town was probably a few miles away.

With a sigh, the most common emotion or expression that I actually show, I opened the door to the entrance of our house. Inside the room, was my father. Dead. He had hung himself…

Yeah, he almost did something terrible, but was killing himself the right thing to do? I can only blame this on his mind being intoxicated with alcohol… He should have just tried to make up for what he did, and never do such a thing ever again.

Instead, he decided to leave me alone in this dangerous world. Father of the year award will not be going to him, it seems… On the table was a letter. Opening up, I realized his intentions.

Okay, I didn’t… He never taught me how to read… He really didn’t think this through at all. He probably wrote down instructions in the letter for me on what to do next. As I cannot read in this language, said instructions are now useless...

With nothing else I could do, I took his knife and its holster, and then I left our house. I wish that I could take his sword, but I was far too weak to hold it.

My entire life in this world has been in this shack and the outside of it. I’ve never bothered to venture far from it. So in this sense, this is the first time that I will ever actually be experiencing this world.

I picked a random direction and started walking. My father didn’t bring any food home, and there weren’t any left in our house. As such, I will be traveling without any supplies to speak of.

Hours Later.

Currently, I am sitting on a tree branch. It took an hour or two, but I eventually found a small town. This would be a good thing, if it wasn’t currently being raided…

This is a fantasy world, make no mistake, but it wasn’t the fun kind. I wasn’t given a cool magical system that makes me overpowered, nor was I given anything to help me out in this world. Unless you count my loser father…

Though, I did oddly have very good eyesight. From this tree, it would take me around fifteen minutes to reach that town, but I could still see it perfectly clear, even from all the way over here.

The town wasn’t being raided by bandits, but rather by knights of some kingdom. I could see their emblem on their armor, but such iconography means nothing to me at the moment. I can only assume that they’re from a rival kingdom to whatever kingdom owns this land.

I felt bad about watching the most likely innocent people of this town be slaughtered, but I had no means by which to stop this horrible tragedy. At the very least, I can be a living witness to it. Or that is just the shitty reason that I came up with not to do anything to help them out.

The slaughter went on for many hours, and I was on the brink of starving to death. Luckily, all the soldiers left the town. As they have raped and pillaged to their heart’s content already.

Now, I wasn’t stupid, so I know there could very well be some stragglers left in the village. But I needed food, or I would starve to death. Either I die from starvation, or get killed by some shitty knight.

I made my choice and got down from the tree, and then I went toward the village. I called it both a town and a village, mostly because it fit both of those descriptions. Besides, I didn’t know what the people of the place would call it, and I never will, as they’re already all dead and gone.

A Small Trip Later.

The village was ghost town… The gore, blood and various dead bodies that littered the place, gave it a very haunting feeling. Oh my God… That is straight up an actual ghost!

At least it seems friendly… Well, not friendly, but it didn’t care about me at all. It was intent on continuing to cry violently. There were a few more ghosts doing the same as well. What a weird world that this is…

For my first check, I choose a relatively unraided or damaged house. I assume that it was the mayor’s house, as it was the biggest building in town. Outside the building was a horse tied to a random post. Someone is probably in this place…

After opening the door, it was pretty quiet. Walking around in the house for a while, I smelled blood, and I heard the sounds of sex. And not the happy kind…

Despite every bone in my body telling me not to, I went toward the noise. Said noise is coming from the kitchen. Opening up the door to the kitchen, I saw the body of a man with decent clothes on.

The clothes were of a higher quality than most of the bodies were wearing, so he was probably really the mayor. Was, being the key word here. Further into the room, I found a knight that was assaulting a woman.

The woman was probably the mayor’s wife… As she saw me, she practically begged with her eyes for me to run away. What should I do? I can’t just leave her here, right?…

54