The Dragons, Part 1: Creation
202 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the long delay, studies kinda got hectic. As this is a chapter of lore and I did not have a following chapter, I chose not to post it earlier. Chapter 4 should come soon (after some editing)

The six Dragons looked at the void in loneliness. There was nothing except the six of them. « Let's go visit other worlds. » they decided. So they went to explore the different dimensions created by other gods.

The first deity they met was an amorphous liquid, whose only goal was to integrate them into his self so it could expand its powers. The young Gods made haste to their next destination, where they met a God that looked like a white sphere. « Leave immediately! » The sphere bellowed, so they high-tailed. The six Dragons visited many worlds, most of which were not very hospitable, and in quite a few, the gods were warring.

The Dragons were ready to go home, where they were not in danger, but decided to stop at one last world. It was the largest world they had visited by far, yet was only managed by a single ancient God. This God was a bipedal creature who welcomed them, and told them they could visit his world on the condition that they limited their interactions with it. This world had many stars, and they spanned far and wide, in little clusters which would balance each other out like perfectly complete puzzle, it was obviously made to last much longer than anything else, yet moved enough to be impressive.

As they traveled the universe, they noticed their host had left them. Worried and wary, they set out to look for him. He was found, looking longingly over a single sphere of soil, one out of many in this world, but this one was different. There seemed to be movement. Dominu, Curious went to see. On it were various creature, ranging from minuscule to small (from a Dragon's point of view). Most of the larger ones were quadrupedal, or lived in a restricted domain, but there was one species that stood out. They resembled the Lord and modified their environment quickly and vastly.

His curiosity satisfied, Dominu headed back to the group. « Amazing, aren't they? » the elder remarked. « My only mistake in my whole creation was to make them look like me. I grew much too attached to them. However, never would I regret giving them free will, for if everything goes the way you want it to, things get very boring, and you end up assuring your own destruction, along with all you've ever created. Young ones, I would like to ask you, why did I give the condition of non-interference?» « So that we would not destroy what you've created. » Velforas answered. Unexpectedly the God refuted « If you wanted to do so, you could have done it. After all, I gave you some freedom. The minimal interaction of pushing a planet out of orbit could have destroyed everything. I limited interactions so that you would get to see everything and could inspire yourselves to create a world much like this one. »

Acknowledging their elder's wisdom, the dragon stayed for a while and studied the organisms, then thanked the creator and returned to their origin, where they started building their own world as a mirror of the one they had just left. Skraeggis formed the stars and the planets' cores, covered some cores in rock and soil, while he left some dust drift and float around other, with the help of Asmer. on some of the rocky planets, Alchena and Asmer added lakes and an atmosphere. Then on one of those planets, selected by all of them, Velforas made living beings and Dominus gave them free will.
Thus, they thought, this land was as beautiful as their teacher's.

5