Hela
149 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[3rd POV]

The moment Thanos appeared on the other side of the portal, he found myself in a dark, gloomy dimension that screamed death at every corner.

Nothing seemed to behold life, everywhere he looked.

He felt a chilling breeze hit him, it was so cold that he instantly forgot even the sensation of warmth.

To him, it was even colder than being in outer space without any stars nearby. The cold seeped through his body and seemed to freeze the soul itself.

The breeze caressed his skin, no, it was death. The chilling hands of death.

"What an unpleasant place." Thanos commented while looking around.

The realm lacked a sun, moon, and stars. The sky was just a dimly lit blue blank like the sky right after the sunset.

The ground was made of rocks mixed with ice and Thanos could see gigantic glaciers as mountains in the distance.

There was no vegetation nor life. The only thing that was in the dimension was the fog that howled frequently. It was probably lost souls.

The realm was in a perpetual gloom as if it was mourning. The place was the abode of regrets and broken dreams.

He saw a rocky, dark hill in the distance with corpses littered around everywhere. His eyes pierced through the thin fog and saw the throne made of iron at the top of the hill.

The throne seemed to be made entirely of different weapons and on it sat a gorgeous beauty unlike anything Thanos had ever seen before.

If Yao possesses beauty like that of the bright morning sky, then the woman on the throne was the embodiment of the beauty of the night sky.

With a pale delicate face, almost making her look like she was dead, she had long hair the color of dark green but it was so dark it almost looked black.

She was wearing a tight body suit of armor, the color of green. She was sleeping, whilst siting on the throne with her chin resting on her hand.

Thanos observed the scene for a long time, entrapped by the mystique charm of what lay before his eyes.

He walked towards the hill and when he reached the foot of the hill, he was able to get a good look at the corpses lying around.

They were all women, with dignified armor and beauty that spoke of the glory they once held. Their corpses were still in good condition except for the wounds they received in their battle and the many weapons that pierced their body.

They were the Valkyries of Asgard. The warrior women Odin sent to fight Hela while he was busy sealing her in this desolate realm.

Thanos climbed up the hill slowly and observed everything with his keen eyes. The corpses he found were in the hundreds and they all had the same attire.

As he climbed up the hill, his feet kicked a lying shield by accident. Thanos stopped and stared at the shield that fell down the rocky hill.

It made a lot of noise that echoed in the eerie silence of the dimension.

After the noise settled down, Thanos looked up at the top of the hill and to his relief, he still saw Hela sleeping blissfully on the throne.

He turned his head away and looked at the ground, scanning it for any other weapons that he may kick by accident.

Seeing that everything was clean, he took one step forward but then he stopped, his instincts screamed.

*Woooooo*

It was the sound of something sharp and fast, cutting through the air.

Thanos's hand blurred and he caught the spear before it could hit his head. He was quiet and stared at the well-crafted weapon for a while before he looked towards the throne again.

The one who threw the weapon, Hela, the Goddes of death.

She had her eyes open and it shone with a dangerous green hue. She was looking at him with the authority of a queen.

He seemed to be just a bug in her eyes.

"Hela-" He called her but it seemed she took offense in the fact that he called her so casually. She pushed herself off her throne and blitzed towards him with great speed.

She conjured a long sword in her hand and swung it with enough strength to cleave through a skyscraper.

*Swwwosh!!*

*POOooM!*

Thanos caught the sword with his hand. The edge of the sword was sharp but not sharp enough to cut through the invulnerable skin of Thanos.

Hela's eyes widen seeing her attack blocked so easily. She took a second and more careful glance at the titan in front of her.

"I liked you better when you sleep." Thanos said and he easily crushed the sword in his hand.

Hela reacted quickly, she pulled back her hand and conjured another weapon. This time it was a giant battle-axe.

With one hand she swung the battle-axe horizontally, cleaving through the frigid air and generating insane amounts of momentum.

Thanos raised his hand to block and he was successful. But when he did, he was blown away by the sheer force behind the seemingly casual swing.

*BOOOM!!*

Like a freshly launched canon ball, he flew away at breakneck speed and left a trail of destruction onto the ground of Neifheim as he bounced on it a few times before ultimately coming to a stop.

He was at least a kilometre away from the throne.

Thanos looked up and his eyes got serious. It seemed Hela had no intention of talking to him and it won't actually do him good to pull his punches on her.

Hela came running towards him at a speed imperceptible by the naked eye. He saw a green figure and glowing green eyes.

She reached him in less than a second.

He picked up the nearest ice block, the size of a truck, and launched it at her. Hela leaped in the air to avoid the ice which came at her faster than the speed of a bullet.

"How are you going dodge this while in mid-air?" Thanos asked while quickly picking up another ice block bigger than the one before.

He threw it at Hela who was in the air with even stronger force. The ice made its way towards her, pushing away the frigid air as an explosion took place at the moment of launching.

Hela conjured a giant long sword and she moved with a grace worthy of the Goddess of Death. She sliced through the huge ice block and came out unharmed between them.

Not only that, she actually used it as a foothold to launch herself at Thanos like a missile. She held her longsword and thrust it towards Thanos.

She realized in their brief exchange that he had a very thick skin which would not be easily sliced with the edge of the sword. So her best option was piercing through rather than cutting.

She was nothing but a blur of green, glowing death as she reached Thanos in an instant. But what he did caused her eyes to go wide and a maniac smile to spread on her face.

A punch.

Thanos punched towards Hela. His fist first made contact with the tip of the giant longsword but rather than getting injured, his tightly clenched fist easily broke through the sword.

Hela had too much momentum so she could not move away as Thanos's fist slowly made it's way towards her. The full length of her sword was crushed from the tip to the handle before the punch found her stomach.

There was silence when Thanos's fist made contact with her stomach before it exploded like a bomb. The ground was crushed into a million pieces and it caved in because of the weight behind the punch.

Hela's body shot out faster than the speed of sounds as she crashed and bounced until she finally hit a huge glacier of ice around 6 kilometers away from Thanos.

Thanos took a giant leap and covered the distance in a a single jump. He reached the place where Hela crashed and looked at her broken body and the blood oozing off it.

Her body was planted on the wall of ice and it was mingled and broken beyond recognition.

"Did I kill her?" He mumbled looking at her. Maybe he put too much force behind that punch.

But then, a green chilling energy came out from her body and surrounded her. Her bones snapped back into place, her blood rushed back in her body and when her face was formed again, she had a wide smile.

"You can't kill death." She said while her green eyes locked onto Thanos.

He felt a chill run down his spine when he looked at the green energy around her which he quickly deduced must be her divinity.

He was invulnerable to weapons, guns, etc. In that short exchanged, his body proved to be impenetrable.

But is it invulnerable to death itself?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7