Chapter 3: First step
210 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, if there are no more questions, we'll go now, ma'am," said a mechanic, his hands smudged with grease, as he and his colleague exited Yuna's apartment after installing her Capsule.

"They worked surprisingly fast... I thought it would take them hours," Yuna marveled, her eyes fixed on the Capsule promised to her by Elisa.

After securing her apartment, Yuna approached the newly installed Capsule, her fingers gliding over its surface with excitement, her lips curving into a smile.

"Finally... I can begin my journey," Yuna whispered, her touch lingering on the Capsule, her anticipation palpable.

Having waited for a year, Yuna had acquired the Capsule not through a purchase, but as a generous gift from Elisa. It was a win-win situation, offering her not only a free device but also complimentary maintenance, saving her funds for other needs.

"I can't wait to log into Elysian... should I do it now?" Yuna giggled, her laughter filling the room as she pressed the button to open the Capsule door, eagerly lying down inside.

"Alright, all systems are online... just need to put on this VR helmet... hm?" Just as Yuna was about to don the helmet, her phone on the sofa rang.

Yuna, still inside the Capsule, opened the door and stepped out, a furrow forming on her brow at the unexpected interruption.

"...A video call from Elisa?" Yuna raised an eyebrow, puzzled by Elisa's unexpected call.

Answering the call, Yuna's phone screen came to life, revealing Elisa, who wore a manager's demeanor, amidst her busy office staff.

"What's up, Elisa? I was just about to try the Capsule you sent me," Yuna greeted, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"Don't I get a 'Hi' from my favorite friend? Oh, how easily people forget favors," Elisa teased, her grin playful.

Yuna remained silent, a smirk playing on her lips, prompting Elisa to quickly change her tone.

"I was just joking... by the way, there's an experience point rate-up event in the real world for a week. It's in the starting area only. Thought it might help you progress faster," Elisa explained, her tone now earnest.

"I've never heard of this before... is it because of some player's actions?" Yuna asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Hmm, it happened once or twice a few months ago... likely triggered by a player's unintentional actions," Elisa replied, her attention divided between Yuna and her staff.

"Wouldn't the game system notify me later, though?" Yuna inquired, a hint of confusion in her voice.

Elisa paused for a moment, then flashed Yuna a warm smile.

"Because everything that happened is my doing... so, Yuna, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll help however I can," Elisa said sincerely, her willingness to assist evident in her eyes.

Yuna was taken aback, her surprise quickly giving way to gratitude and agreement.

"Phew... that's good then... huh?... a meeting?... right now?!... okay, I'll be there," Elisa said, her tone shifting as she received urgent information from her staff.

After bidding farewell, Elisa left the video call, promising to meet Yuna in Elysian at the right time.

"Elisa... managing her busy job and excelling in the game... truly impressive," Yuna praised, her admiration evident in her voice.

To ensure no further interruptions, Yuna secured her apartment, double-checking everything before she logged in.

"Alright, now I just need to put on this helmet." Yuna carefully placed the helmet on her head.

"Ahhh?!"

As the helmet settled, Yuna felt her surroundings fade away, leaving her in a void.

"It's like I'm in a dream... hm?" Bewildered by the darkness, Yuna saw a blue screen materialize in front of her.

"Wow... I've seen this in live streams, but it's my first time experiencing it!" Yuna exclaimed, her eyes wide with wonder.

Filling out the necessary information, Yuna spent several minutes answering questions, leaving her with a slight headache.

"Finally done... now, let the game begin." Yuna took a deep breath, her eyes fixated on the screen.

With a sudden burst of light, Yuna squinted, momentarily blinded.

"So bright!... ah?!" Startled, she opened her eyes to a completely new world, unlike anything she had ever seen before.

"Wow... whoa!" Yuna gasped in awe, capturing the attention of those nearby.

Feeling a surge of determination, Yuna realized it was time to carve her path in Elysian Online, aspiring to become the best player in the country, if not the world.

"Hahaha... finally... after so long... hehehehe." Yuna's laughter held a touch of madness, drawing curious glances from other players.

"Um, sorry, everyone!" Blushing, Yuna hastily retreated from the scene, seeking solace in a nearby alley.

Taking a deep breath, she composed herself and began planning her next moves.

"Hmm, from what I've learned... every town has a training hall where players can enhance their stats..." Yuna murmured, her finger pressed against her chin in contemplation.

Consulting the game interface, Yuna navigated to her character's stats:

>>Status<<

Name: Yuna

Exp: 00.00%

Class: None

Title: None

Stats points: 0

>>Stat<<

HP: 150

MP: 50

Str: 5

Mag: 5

Agi: 5

End: 5

Int: 5

Dex: 5

"As I suspected..." Yuna's brows furrowed with concern as she analyzed her stats.

With stats like these, Yuna realized she might face challenges while battling even level 1 monsters outside the city. Moreover, her basic attire and lack of a weapon only compounded her vulnerability.

"Existing equipment won't cut it... and I need a weapon," Yuna mumbled, her gaze shifting to her hands.

Anticipating this hurdle, Yuna remained undeterred. "If I consult the 'Map,' I should find the location of the training hall... it appears to be nearby," she determined, her eyes narrowing in focus.

"Alright... let's start our first day..." Yuna's determination blazed in her eyes as she flexed her fingers, pointing towards the training hall's location.

11