Chapter 22
52 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My heart pounded in my chest as I left the scene of my previous classroom behind. The emotions still lingered within me, but I had a job to do. The Elite Zombie Boss, awaited somewhere within the corridors of the school.

I moved stealthily through the dimly lit hallways, my senses on high alert. The smell of decay and mildew hung in the air, a constant scent of the horrors that had befallen this place.

As I ventured deeper into the school, the eerie silence was occasionally broken by the distant groans and shuffling of lesser zombies. My heightened sense of hearing picked up the faintest whispers of their movements. But they were not my target. I need to find the Elite Zombie Boss.

Hours passed as I searched the desolate halls, each corridor seeming identical to the last. The anticipation of the impending battle gnawed at me, releasing a mixture of fear and excitement inside me. The thought of finally gaining enough experience to level up and leave this place drove me forward.

Then, at a particularly dimly lit junction, I heard it – a deep, guttural roar that sent shivers down my spine. I knew it was the Elite Zombie Boss. My heart raced, and my light grip on my javelin tightened.

With cautious steps, I approached the source of the roar. The flickering fluorescent lights overhead cast eerie shadows, making it difficult to discern the exact location of the creature. But then, I saw it. A hulking monstrosity with rotting flesh and twisted limbs, emerged from the darkness. The Elite Zombie Boss had arrived.

Emotions swirled within me as I locked eyes with the abomination. The boss was massive, its putrid stench overwhelming. It radiated a malevolent aura that filled the corridor, and its bloodshot eyes burned with an unnatural hunger.

The Elite Zombie Boss didn't waste a single moment. As soon as it spotted me, it let out another bone-chilling roar, filled with rage and bloodlust. With a burst of speed that belied its grotesque appearance, it charged recklessly toward me, its deformed limbs flailing.

Fear surged through me as I realized the danger I was in. Without hesitation, I turned and desperately sprinted down the corridor, my footsteps echoing in my ears. The restroom was my destination. It was the only location in this place where I could possibly gain the upper hand.

The relentless pursuit of the Elite Zombie Boss echoed behind me, its footsteps echoing. I pushed my body to its limits, my breath ragged, my heart pounding. The sounds of the chase filled the air – the boss's guttural roars, the thundering of its footsteps, and my own frantic breathing.

The restroom's entrance loomed ahead, a shelter that had saved me once before. I knew I had to reach it before the Elite Zombie Boss closed the distance. Adrenaline surged through me as I pushed my body harder, my fingers trembling as I gripped my javelin tightly.

With a surge of adrenaline, I reached the restroom's entrance. My hand grasped the cold metal handle, and I pushed hard, throwing the door open wide. Knowing that it was pointless, I didn't waste precious seconds closing it behind me. I knew that the invisible barrier the system had placed around the restroom would protect me.

I leaped inside the dimly lit restroom. The door remained ajar, allowing me to see the grotesque sight of the Elite Zombie Boss just outside. It stood, trapped by the barrier, its furious roars shaking the corridor. It was a terrifying but satisfying sight.

A wicked grin spread across my face, a glint of malevolence in my eyes. I had outsmarted the abomination, luring it into this futile chase. Now, it was my turn to strike back.

I wasted no time. My fingers wrapped around the javelins, the weight of the weapons reassuring in my hands. The Elite Zombie Boss, its bloodshot eyes filled with rage, continued to thrash and roar, desperate to reach me, but the barrier held firm.

With unwavering focus, I aimed my javelin at the center of the creature's head. My heart raced, and time seemed to slow as I released the javelin, sending it hurtling through the air with deadly precision.

I held my breath as I watched the javelin hurtle toward the Elite Zombie Boss's head. But what I didn't expect was for it to react with surprising agility. With a swift movement, the creature raised its rotting arms, and blocked the javelin's path. The sharp point of the weapon sunk into its arm instead of its forehead.

Shock washed over me as I realized my attack had been countered. The Elite Zombie Boss, undeterred, yanked the javelin out of its own arm, a disgusting squelch accompanying the motion. With an unnerving fluidity, it prepared to retaliate.

Reacting to pure instincts, I dove to the side, narrowly avoiding the javelin that the creature had hurled back at me. My heart pounded as I realized in horror — the barrier that protected me did not extend to inanimate objects that the Elite Zombie Boss threw.

I watched in terror as the javelin pierced through the invisible barrier, and embedded itself into the wall with a resounding thud. Panic coursed through my veins as I realized the implications. The Elite Zombie Boss might be unable to cross into the restroom, but it could still launch deadly projectiles at me from outside.

The realization that the Elite Zombie Boss could use my own weapons against me made me pause. I hesitated, my mind racing, as I weighed the risk of throwing more javelins. Each javelin I hurled at the creature could potentially become a deadly projectile being thrown back at me.

As I stood there, torn between the desire to defeat the abomination and the fear of giving it a chance to retaliate against me, something unexpected happened. The Elite Zombie Boss, with its bloodshot eyes fixed on me, emitted a guttural sound that was strangely reminiscent of laughter.

1