Chapter 16: Night
1 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it!”

*Thud!*

 

“Mmmn! Shit!”

 

*Thump-thump-thump!*

 

“ Aaaah!”

 

*Paaah~!*

 

When he finally got home and finished a long bath, Oliver was still furious. So he set up the heavy green sandbag in the living room and started wailing on it with all his strength. Eventually he got completely exhausted and ate dinner, before heading back to bed with an upset stomach and covered in sweat. He didn’t even have the energy to think about the fact that the statue on the right side of the bed was laying on her left side.

 

“Goodnight, Sis…” He laid down on his left side, then the right, unable to find a comfortable position. Eventually he ended up sleeping on his back.

 

“Pa-pa… No… Stop…”

 

“Mmmn, huh?” 

 

Oliver opened his faintly glowing green eyes and looked around in the dark room. The curtains were basically always open. Even the window was open, so that the cool night breeze could blow through. Otherwise it would be way too hot to sleep under a blanket, even if he was only wearing a t-shirt and boxers. 

 

Closing his eyes again, the little boy started snoring quietly. The metal screen on his window suddenly started lifting slowly. The sound was almost inaudible. Then a shadowy figure crept over to the side of the bed and reached out… Slowly opening the black nightstand. Inside was a small brown coin purse on the right and a bunch of scattered jewelry on the left, along with several free gemstones that were just casually laying around in the drawer.

 

Those small, dexterous hands carefully picked up every little gemstone and piece of jewelry, placing everything in a small black purse. Then they quietly picked up the coin purse, very familiarly making sure to keep it from jingling or clinking. The black-cloaked thief looked around with their bright green eyes flashing behind their simple mask.

 

“Hmmm, mmmn…” Oliver’s moaning caused the thief to look at him again. Although it was extremely dark, there was still quite a bit of light coming in from the open window. The bright moon in the night sky wasn’t visible because of the angle, but it wasn’t pitch black outside.

 

“Pa-pa…” A soft, feminine voice came from the bed and startled the thief even more! They looked down and saw two gray hands creeping towards Oliver’s throat very slowly! The hands were stuck together at the wrists. Behind those stiff arms was a terrifying, bloodthirsty face! With brightly glowing green crystals for eyes, the bald-headed statue of a little girl was glaring at the sleeping boy and inching closer to his neck!

 

“Aaah!” With a high-pitched scream, the thief instantly woke Oliver from his deep sleep. But the first thing he saw wasn’t the statue about to murder him. Instead, it was a skinny and short black-cloaked figure with a mask on their face.

 

“What?! Damn it! Get back here!” He struggled off the bed and his whole body felt incredibly sore, “Thief!”

 

Obviously the robber didn’t stick around to chat. They rushed out the window, grabbed the sill, dangled a bit and dropped down easily enough. By the time Oliver got up and made it over to look outside, there was nobody in the yard anymore.

 

“Shit!”

 

After waking up completely, Oliver couldn’t go back to sleep anymore. He was hungry, thirsty and had to use the bathroom. Of course, the first thing he did was close and lock his window. Though he knew it would be a little meaningless.

 

*Boom!*

 

When he rushed upstairs, expecting that the thief returned, what he saw was a statue wrapped in a blanket.

 

“Stone Sister? What are you doing on the floor?”

 

She was still in that same awkward position, as if her whole body was taught and being stretched under her own weight. The dainty gray feet were dangling, stuck together, while her wrists were also fused and reaching up far above her head.

 

“Hmm, what the hell? Let go! Ugh…”

 

However, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t safely remove the white sheet that was being clenched and squeezed by those cold stone hands. At least not without breaking her fingers off by accident. He also checked her whole body under the blanket to make sure there wasn’t any damage, but fortunately for her and the wooden floorboards, it seems like the blanket cushioned her fall.

 

“Whatever, I’m too tired to deal with this now.”

 

He just left the statue tangled up in the white sheet and green blanket, laying on the bed cover and dozing off immediately. Without the window open, the room got really stuffy and he tossed around a lot. In the end, he woke up with his face embedded in his pillow, almost suffocating, with his neck bent backwards awkwardly.

 

*Bang-bang-bang!*

 

“Oliver! Open up!”

 

*Bang-bang-bang-bang-bang!*

 

“You little bastard! Open the damn door or we’re gonna break it down!”

 

“Mmmph~! Mmmn!”

 

Oliver opened his eyes and struggled to push himself off the bed, but his arms were really sore and there was a heavy weight on his back… Finally, he managed to roll over and saw the Stone Sister also being rolled over onto the other side of the bed.

 

“Ugh… Sis, if you keep this up, I’m gonna have to keep you in the guest room.”

 

That cute face was still scowling with her eyes closed. Those fingers were loose, but some pieces of white fabric were still stuck to them. He didn’t have time to worry about the haunted statue though, because a crazy woman was still screaming and banging on his front door.

 

He conjured up a pair of black pants with suspenders and a gray long-sleeved shirt. Along with a short-handled mining pick in his right hand. When he came downstairs and opened the green door, he squinted his tired green eyes and complained, “What the hell’s your problem?!”

 

“Get out of the way! We’re searching your house for stolen property!” A big burly man wearing heavy chainmail armor pushed open the door so hard it knocked the tiny boy onto the floor, sending him sliding across the smooth wood a few meters.

 

“Put down the weapon! Now!” Another armored man pointed a crossbow at Oliver’s face and shouted, “Don’t move!”

 

There were also several other men and women gathered around outside. Some of them were miners and hunters, while others were actually the guards. But none of them wanted to get involved.

 

“Jessie! It’s bad enough you ripped me off, but now you’re framing me too?!” The little boy glared at the black-haired girl’s green eyes, “It was you! You’re the one that broke into my room last night?! Damn thief!”

1