Chapter 43 — Human Tank
279 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A huge and extravagant horse-drawn carriage pulled up outside the gates of the palace. It was completely made of silver, ivory and other white precious metals and gave off an angelic white glow. Countless intricate carvings and small statues depicting the rise of the One True God showed the ancient heritage of the Holy Church. It was pulled by several Pegasus, legendary and powerful creatures used only by the most elite of the Church’s Flying Corps.

The carriage looked ethereal, like it could just lift out of the mortal realm the next moment. The strong magic fluctuations and glowing magic formations that mildly distorted the air around it showed that it was not just decorative; it was a heavily enchanted magic artifact, capable of flight and both offence and defence.

The perimeter was already secured with thousands of troops from the People’s Army. A line of high-ranking generals and ministers stood in line to receive the delegation. The scene fell into total stillness and quiet.

On the side of the carriage, the door swung open and a soldier stepped down. However, even though he seemed to step down with some force, his foot soundlessly impacted the ground. Not even a small dust cloud formed; the ground was completely unaffected; it was almost as if it was a feather that landed on it.

His body was tall and athletic, bursting with power. He wore thin, light and rigid plate armour that only protected his vitals. The rest of his body was covered with dark flexible thin enchanted leather armour. He wore no helmet for maximum field of view and had two long and thin swords on his back, showing his specialisation towards pure speed, dexterity and damage output. If it wasn’t for his holy, noble aura, he could be assumed to be a variant of an assassin.

However, what was notable was the large semi-automatic shotgun strapped to his chest for easy access and the belt of gigantic shotgun shells tied around his waist. Upon seeing him, a name immediately popped into the mind of the welcoming party: Razorwind Inquisitors.

Next, an extremely heavily armoured knight stepped out with a loud thud. The ground cracked slightly under his weight.

His entire body was covered with very thick and heavy full-plate armour. It was so thick that there was not a single part where the thickness of the armour was less than an inch! It was obvious by the deep imprints left on the ground and the shaking of the air as he walked that the armour was incredibly heavy as well!

His armour was pure metallic white and seemed to glow slightly. The white was broken up into different pieces with dark extending outlines, independently identifying every piece. It was completely sealed, leaving only a narrow cross-shaped opening on the face for the eyes to achieve some visibility. A large great sword hung by his side, but that wasn’t his main weapon. Well, not anymore.

In his hands, he carried a Maxim Machine Gun. Its heavy weight which normally required 2 regular people to transport didn’t seem to affect him at all. The belt of bullets ran from the gun to his back, where he carried a single huge rectangular ammunition container.

Once again, the welcoming party already knew what this type of soldier was called: Hallowed Guardians.

Leaving cracks in the ground, he walked slowly to join his first comrade and it was soon evident that they were not unique soldiers; they were in fact part of a standardised unit.

20 Razorwind Inquisitors and 20 Hallowed Guardians looking identical to the two proceeded to exit the carriage and form into two groups in front of the carriage door. In synchronisation, the two groups split to form a passageway.

The Third Reich’s ministers were deeply surprised by what they saw, but the impact this sight had on the generals was many times larger due to their military literacy. Even without witnessing them in action, their power could be estimated! The Razorwinds would be a deadly reaper on the battlefield and the knights a humanoid tank!

They had seen many reports of these notably powerful soldiers but seeing them in person was much different than seeing them from low-quality spy cameras shot from long range.

Just with this small group of 40 elite soldiers, their combat effectiveness was already higher than the entire paratrooper shock infantry of over 1000 men! Of course, this was in the case of the guns of the paratroopers being unable to break the armour of the knights, however even if they were equipped with anti-tank guns, it would still be doubtful if they could penetrate the defence of the knights!

The only thing that could damage them would be armoured units such as tanks and artillery; there was no doubt their armour would be pierced if they were hit by a shell. However, the People’s Army didn’t have the Panzer divisions of WW2, they only had slow early tanks and despite the abundance of artillery, their accuracy left much to be desired…

Of course, this was in the absence of battleships. They would definitely not survive a single volley even from a Frigate, provided it could hit of course.

They could not help but compare them to Space Marines, and what would happen if they fought. What gave them confidence was while the knight’s armour was extremely thick, it still could not compare to the armour of Space Marines.

From the carriage then came an entourage of priests, and finally, Archbishop Alexandra. What was notable about them was that they were all carrying revolvers by their side. Upon closer inspection, they were intricately carved with religious texts and paintings.

The lines of soldiers standing in rank shifted and saluted. The generals and ministers standing in front didn’t move.

[We welcome the delegation of the Holy Church to the Third Reich!]

Archbishop Alexandra waved his hand down and chuckled, then stepped forward to greet the general standing in the very front.

[Erwin my friend, how have you been doing?]

Erwin stepped forward with a smile and shook his hand warmly like they were old friends.

[As you can see, we have achieved a great victory! We are delighted to have you witness our victory parade and further our cooperation!]

[Supreme General Konrad is waiting inside, I ask you to remove your weapons for security reasons]

9