Yggdrasil – 2
463 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing Yuki did was to find some monsters. For that, he ventured further into the forest situated right next to the dark, grassy plain where he was spawned.

As he entered the forest, he was greeted by a gloomy, dark atmosphere unlike any normal forest should have.

He continued walking further until he came upon some hideous, green creatures with dark, black snout-like noses.

"Ughh... I wonder why there are so many hideous monsters in Yggdrasil," Yuki muttered to himself as he made his way towards the goblin.

He could see the status of the goblin, so there was nothing to worry about.

[Goblin/ Dark]

Level - 5

HP - 3/3

MP - 2/2

Yuki's stats were better than the goblin's, which is why he decided to go for the goblin.

Immediately, he jumped behind the goblin and extended his claws, which were a natural weapon of the devil. He cut through the neck of the goblin monster, dealing it critical damage, and it immediately vanished.

[420 Experience Received]

[You have Leveled Up]

[You have Leveled Up]

[You can now choose a Job Class]

Yuki looked at the notification and decided not to choose a job class right now. After all, the first thing he needed to do was level up his racial class. But maybe the job class could help him a little. So he looked at the available basic job classes.

In Yggdrasil, there were over 2000 basic to high and rare job classes. Basic job classes were those available from the beginning and took 15 levels. High job classes had prerequisites like being a certain race or completing specific quests, while rare job classes were hidden and powerful, requiring many conditions to be met to unlock.

[Job Classes Available]

Assassin

Warrior

Archer

Monk

Samurai

Swordsman

Shaman

Stalker

Ninja

Mage

Wizard

Sorcerer

Medium

Craftsman

Blacksmith

Doctor

Priest

Cook

Tamer

Alchemist

Yuki looked through the job classes and asked his system for assistance.

{The best job class for now would be warrior. It can help you boost your stats before acquiring the cheat class, which will make it easier for you to level up.}

"Is that so? Well, let's choose it then," Yuki said as he selected the warrior job class and was greeted with a few skills after adding a level to it.

He added another level to his racial class, advancing his racial classes and bringing the First Devil Racial class to level 1.

Yuki continued deeper into the forest, encountering various monsters, including Dark Goblins, Gnomes, and even sea monsters near a lake, all of which he swiftly defeated.

By the end of the morning, as Yuki began to tire, he checked his status while standing on a bed of dark, gooey swamp.

[Character Status]

[IGN]

Nex Yuki

[Heteromorph]

[Alignment]

Neutral Evil

[Karma]

-100

[Level - 20]

[Racial Class]

• First Devil: Lvl - 5

• Mephistro: Lvl - 9

[Job Class]

Warrior: Lvl - 6

[HP - 22/22]

[MP - 37/37]

[Phy. Atk: 21]

[Phy. Def: 17]

[Agility: 18]

[Mag. Atk: 14]

[Mag. Def: 13]

[Resist: 24]

[Special: 23]

[Available Levels - None]

[Available Stat Points - None]

It took Yuki 7 hours to reach level 20, and he was satisfied with his current status. His unusually high MP was due to the First Devil Racial class, which granted him 1 point of MP every time he leveled up. Essentially, it was a cheat race that could potentially give him over 100 MP if he chose to invest in it. However, Yuki had opted for the Warrior job class for now, with plans to change it later. He intended to have a Warrior class but not in this particular build.

Regarding his racial class, the First Devil was indeed a cheat class, but it paled in comparison to the class Yuki was aiming for. He had chosen [Mephistro], a high-level demon racial class that allowed him to shapeshift and change his attributes. Normally, this class was only accessible to those who reached the rank of Arch Devil, but it seemed that the First Devil granted him access even earlier. Now, he would need to level up steadily until he reached his peak.

"SYSTEM, integrate my status, keep track of data, and guide me every time I make unnecessary and bad decisions," Yuki instructed his system as he accessed his log console and selected the log out option.

"As you wish, master," replied the system. Yuki then promptly logged out.

****

Yuki stood with his devilish avatar on a black desert in Helheim, known as the [Craving of Wraith Plane], due to its infestation of wraiths. There were multiple high-level wraiths here, some even exceeding Level 50. Yuki's purpose for being here was to eliminate them, as it was a requirement to unlock his racial class. This quest was just one of the many conditions necessary to achieve it.

Today marked the 29th day of Yuki playing Yggdrasil, and it was also the day the game would be launched to the public. Yuki knew from his memories that it wouldn't be long before Yggdrasil became a sensation in the world of DMMO-RPGs, especially in Japan. Even before its release, the trailer and promotional material had generated immense anticipation among DMMO-RPG enthusiasts.

"Let's hope I can obtain the racial class before players start spawning everywhere," Yuki muttered to himself as he navigated through the desert. He was also undertaking a specific quest, one that likely no players would have discovered if not for his presence.

Yuki walked through the desolate desert, encountering numerous mid-level wraiths with levels ranging from 40 to 50. However, he simply ignored them, and they, in turn, posed no threat to Yuki. He possessed a skill that reduced the hate value of undead monsters to 0 for him, meaning they wouldn't attack him unless he initiated combat.

Wraiths were a type of spectral undead, humanoid in shape but translucent. They possessed various passive abilities and stealth, making them challenging foes for conventional warriors. Fortunately, Yuki had access to magic, allowing him to easily dispatch them.

As he continued his journey through the desert, occasional gusts of dark wind washed over him. If he were any other living race, these gusts might have inflicted damage or cursed him. However, being a devil, an immortal race born from eternal darkness, he remained unaffected by it.

Soon, he stumbled upon what he was looking for.

Yuki spotted two imposing wraiths atop eerie horses, like beings straight out of a sinister movie. Dark flames enveloped their hooves, adding to their eerie presence. Each of these wraith warriors wore distinct armor: one in blood-red with a menacing cloak, and the other an emaciated figure draped in tattered black rags. The only commonality between them was their peculiar hands.

Before engaging them, Yuki decided to inspect their statuses from a safe distance.

[Lesser Horsemen of War]

Level - 75

HP - 70/70

MP - 23/23

[Lesser Horsemen of Famine]

Level - 75

HP - 40/40

MP - 70/70

Yuki examined their levels and was well aware that these monsters were far from ordinary. The system had informed him that these creatures were the guardians of the object he needed to obtain his class. Their duty was to protect a tree located at the center of the desert.

Determined to confront them, Yuki muttered to himself, "Let's engage them," and swiftly leaped towards them, his devilish wings unfurling in their full glory as he rapidly closed the distance.

However, the moment Yuki landed in front of them, he was met with a slash of a sword, and his surroundings turned crimson. It seemed that the Red Horseman of War had activated some kind of skill or ability.

[You have been inflicted with «Rage»]

However, that was not all, he was not only inflicted with rage as the other Horsemen castes another layer of blue adding on top of red landscape.

[You have been inflicted with «Rage»]

However, that was not all; he was not only inflicted with rage as the other Horsemen cast another layer of blue, adding on top of the red landscape.

[You have been inflicted with «Withering»]

Yuki remained unfazed as he was now afflicted with two potent conditions. His system had already informed him about this, and he had a plan to defeat them.

Without hesitation, Yuki extended his hand towards the Horseman of War, casting a spell with his other hand using the console and hotkeys.

"[Maximize Magic: Dark Torrent]" Immediately, a torrent of absolute darkness materialized, enveloping the Horseman of War and inflicting significant damage. The spell would persist for 10 seconds, so Yuki quickly moved towards his other opponent, who extended his hand to touch him.

[You have been inflicted with «Drain»]

[MP - 95 -> 85]

Yuki swiftly leaped away from the Horseman of Famine and extended his hand to cast another spell.

[Twin Magic: Freezing Lance]

Two ice lances materialized behind him and shot towards the Horseman, dealing significant damage.

The battle raged on as Yuki continued to employ hit-and-run tactics, using his magic to keep the Horsemen on their toes. At times, he managed to defeat them with relative ease, taking minimal damage in return.

[You have received 12,000 EXP]

[You have gained a level]

[You have gained a level]

[You have gained a level]

Yuki quickly cleared the notifications and manually collected the drops. He knew that Yggdrasil would be opening its cash shop today, and he was eagerly looking forward to purchasing the auto-loot function, as manually picking up items was getting tiresome.

After collecting the loot, Yuki approached the tree that the Horsemen had been guarding. It was a stark contrast to the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the desert, with its shimmering multicolored leaves and a green, glowing trunk.

Yuki reached out and touched the tree's trunk, and a notification appeared before him.

[Would you like to acquire the «Sapling of Apocalypse»?]

[Yes/No]

Yuki didn't hesitate and immediately tapped "Yes." The shimmering tree before him transformed into a small miniature tree, now in his possession.

"Now, all I need to do is perform the Ritual," Yuki muttered to himself. With the Sapling of Apocalypse in his possession, he had everything he needed to begin his journey towards unlimited power.

He glanced at his current status, anticipating the upcoming changes.

[IGN]

Nex Yuki

[Heteremorph]

[Alignment]

Extreme Evil

[Karma]

- 500

[Level - 65]

[Racial Class]

• First Devil : Lvl - 5

• Mephistro : Lvl - 10

• ShadowMorph : Lvl - 10

• Ever-Shifter : Lvl - 5

[Job Class]

• Warrior : Lvl - 15

• Warblade : Lvl - 10

• Elementalist (Dark) : Lvl - 10

• War Mage : Lvl - 10

[HP - 67/67]

[MP- 95/95]

[Phy. Atk: 55]

[Phy. Def: 56]

[Agility: 63]

[Mag. Atk : 55]

[Mag. Def: 58]

[Resist: 56]

[Special: 70]

[Available levels 4]

[Available stat points : 27]

Yuki's stats were currently impressive, especially his MP, which had been enhanced by the First Devil racial class. Devils excelled in magic and summoning, making the First Devil class particularly potent in those aspects. Yuki was utilizing this class effectively by casting various powerful magics with meta enhancements without depleting his MP completely. Even if his MP hit rock bottom, he had a skill that accelerated its recovery, reducing the regeneration time from 6 hours to 2 hours.

His other racial classes were focused on morphing abilities. Mephistro allowed players to transform specific body parts into those of other races, with some limitations. Similarly, ShadowMorph enabled transformations into shadowy forms. These two classes were prerequisites for unlocking the Ever-Shifter class, a crucial step in achieving Yuki's goal of unlocking his cheat racial class.

The Ever-Shifter class would grant Yuki fluid and limitless transformation capabilities for various body parts, offering versatile combat strategies. While he primarily relied on his magical abilities now, the Ever-Shifter class would prove invaluable when facing powerful bosses and other players in the future.

"System, what's the time?" Yuki asked.

{It's about time for you to eat. I suggest eating before completing the ritual,"} suggested the system.

"Right," Yuki decided to first get his daily calories before beginning his true journey.

___________________________________________________________

24