Preparing for World Tournament – 2
945 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the center of NobleBlood Island, there stood a vast castle. The castle gleamed with crystalline red light, a red beam shooting upward into the sky. This red light, or should we say, the red beam, served as a mechanism that prevented others from seeing or entering the island. Only specific individuals could enter it, namely, Noble vampires and those of the Noblesse race.

Within the central castle resided the Lord, rumored to be the mightiest of the Noblesse and the most powerful on the island.

"This looks quite stunning, but what a waste. It will be destroyed," Yuki muttered to himself as he floated in the sky near the castle, his gaze fixed on the beautiful red structure. He could see NPCs coming and going, all of them dressed in noble attire.

"So, the first thing to do is find the Werewolves," Yuki muttered. To complete this quest, he needed to first locate the wolves hidden in the castle and eliminate all of them. Afterward, he would be able to meet the Lord, and from there, the real quest would commence.

"Let's dive in now," Yuki muttered as he descended to the ground, wearing a noble uniform—a divine-class gear. His appearance exuded nobility as he approached the castle's entrance. Two NPCs greeted him, instructing him to stay away. However, Yuki presented the pass he had received when leaving the clan leader's mansion, and upon seeing it, the NPCs returned to their duties, allowing him to enter the castle.

The castle itself was immense, featuring a vast entrance and an expansive garden filled with forests, ponds, and even lakes. Yuki strolled through, observing the NPCs and studying their behavior. After encountering several of them, he realized that distinguishing between werewolves and Noblesse was quite challenging. Though he could ask his system for assistance, he decided to take advantage of his ample free time.

He retrieved an item from his inventory that appeared to be an expensive, modern-looking pair of glasses called [Data Discern Specs]. These specs were essentially a costly gacha item capable of revealing the entire data of both NPCs and players, including their statuses and races. Typically, players with Legendary gear or above could negate the effects of these specs, but most NPCs couldn't afford such luxury gear unless they were powerful boss monsters or quest masters.

"Let's see," Yuki said as he put on the glasses and examined the NPCs in the garden, where many were tending to tasks like cutting grass and watering flowers.

Yuki scanned the NPCs in the garden, and his focus landed on a particular one who stood by the lake, seemingly pouring food for the fishes.

[NPC]

[Name: Welter Red]

[Heteremorph]

[Race: Lycanthrope]

[Job: False guard of NobleBlood, High Warrior of Red Moon clan]

[Level - 85]

"Caught you," Yuki muttered, using his skill to instantly appear before the NPC. The NPC didn't react, as Yuki remained outside the range of an NPC's notice.

"A level 85 might be challenging to defeat, but it's not impossible." Yuki was currently at level 65, so while taking down this NPC would be a tough task, it wouldn't be insurmountable, considering the NPC was just a Lycanthrope, albeit a High Warrior with physical stats likely above 70.

Yuki's stats were quite impressive for his level:

[IGN]

Nex Yuki

[Heteremorph]

[Alignment]

Moderate Evil

[Karma]

-200

[Level - 65]

[Racial Class]

• Vampire: Lvl - 10

• Noble Vampire: Lvl - 10

• False Noblesse: Lvl - 2

[Job Class]

• Paladin: Lvl - 10

• Fallen Paladin: Lvl - 10

• Dark Knight: Lvl - 5

• Dread Knight: Lvl - 10

• Dread Lord: Lvl - 5

• Aura Adept: Lvl - 3

[HP - 56/56]

[MP - 45/45]

[Phy. Atk: 63]

[Phy. Def: 56]

[Agility: 63]

[Mag. Atk: 52]

[Mag. Def: 48]

[Resist: 42]

[Special: 54]

[Available Levels - None]

[Available Stat Points - 30]

Despite his stats appearing somewhat scattered, you'd be surprised to learn that they were actually quite impressive, effectively covering many of his weaknesses. With a magic attack stat exceeding 50, Yuki had the utility to cast spells and even curses. Given his level 65 status, he had approximately 100 spells at his disposal, mostly comprising buffing, debuffing, and movement-related abilities, which could significantly influence battles, alongside a selection of Dark Dread spells.

"Let's give this a shot," Yuki remarked as he activated his skill [Dread Body] and enabled the passive ability [Dread Aura], which would affect his enemies, provided they possessed a holy alignment. Surprisingly, werewolves fell into this holy alignment category, despite their consistently negative karma.

Yuki then proceeded to cast several buffing spells granted by his Paladin and Fallen Paladin classes.

"[Unholy Strength], [Dark Embrace], [DarkSteel Aura], [Unholy Might]," Yuki continued to cast spells in succession, steadily enhancing his physical attributes.

[Phy. Atk: 63 -> 74]

[Phy. Def: 56 -> 68]

With his hands poised in a fighter's stance, he readied himself to strike. As for why he chose not to wield a weapon, well, he simply preferred to wait until he obtained the specific weapon he eagerly anticipated, along with its corresponding class.

"[Magic Seal: Dread Cage]," Yuki's body emitted a brief shine before his console displayed the information he sought. He then advanced toward the NPC. Normally, engaging in battle within a town or city shouldn't be possible, as NPCs were typically considered allies, and friendly fire was permanently disabled in Yggdrasil. However, the rules shifted when one was on a quest, much like Yuki was presently, engaged in an event such as this.

Yuki slowly approached the NPC, who, upon noticing him, began with its typical NPC-like greeting. "[Greetings Honored Guest, I'm called Weleter re-]" However, before it could finish its dialogue, Yuki swung a punch squarely at its face, exclaiming, "I already know it, you wolf!" He then hurled the NPC into the lake.

A resonant howl followed, and a massive, humanoid wolf-like creature lunged directly at Yuki.

"[Release Magic: Dread Cage]," Yuki unleashed the spell he had previously cast. A cage materialized near the colossal Werewolf, shrouded in dread and malevolent blackness as it hurtled toward Yuki, its ferocious maw nearly poised to devour him alive.

Before it could accomplish this, the cage blocked its path. However, Yuki had limited time, as it would only last for 10 seconds.

"[Unholy Cleaver]," Yuki employed a skill, making a chopping gesture. His hand lit up, resembling a sword-like laser imbued with dark energy. He swiftly swung his hand toward the Werewolf, delivering a critical blow.

[-24 Damage!]

"[Dread Hew]," Yuki executed another skill, his hand radiating deadly Dread energy as he struck at the trapped Werewolf, which was sapping Yuki's HP every second to maintain the Dread Cage. Otherwise, it wasn't a high-tier spell.

[-23 Damage!]

Continuing his onslaught, Yuki relentlessly attacked the Werewolf and concluded with his most potent skill [Cursed Parting]. He swung his hand like a sword, and a reality-tearing slash hurtled toward the Werewolf, hitting it squarely in the head. Immediately afterward, a notification appeared.

[You have received 23,000 exp]

[You have gained a level]

[You have gained a level]

[You have gained a level]

Yuki glanced at his notification screen, realizing he had gained over three levels. He then examined the Werewolf, which had now reverted to its human form, albeit bearing features reminiscent of a beastman, unmistakably a werewolf.

"One down, 49 remaining," Yuki remarked as he glanced at the EXP bar and promptly allocated the four levels he had gained to his classes. He distributed three levels to the [False Noblesse] Racial class, bringing it to its maximum level of 5, and assigned one level to the [Aura Adept] Job class.

He now needed to inspect all the characters present in the Lord's Castle to locate the Werewolves and eliminate them.

Yuki retraced his steps to where he had defeated the Werewolf NPC and collected a necklace adorned with a claw, featuring intricate engravings depicting a blood-red half-moon. These necklaces would serve as proof of his victories after eliminating the other 49 Werewolves and provide him with the much-needed levels.

Following that, for the next few days, Yuki continued his hunt for the Werewolves within the castle. He thoroughly enjoyed the experience as there were many interesting activities to explore in the Lord's Castle. In fact, he had even come into contact with the Lord and had begun the hidden quest to obtain the Natural weapon.

Regarding the Werewolves, finding them was not a particularly challenging task. They were quite easy to spot as long as Yuki wore his [Data Discern Specs], allowing him to simply observe all the NPCs.

Before long, Yuki found himself standing before the corpse of the last Werewolf, situated right next to the Lord of the Nobles' bedroom.

"That was the last one," Yuki muttered as he looked at the vanishing female NPC with wolf-like silver ears on her head.

She was the highest-level Werewolf in hiding. She was level 92, yes, level 92! That's exceedingly powerful by any normal standards. However, Yuki managed to defeat her because he had also been leveling up during these days. Right now, Yuki was level 85. He had allocated most of his remaining levels to his Aura class, which was both potent and essential if he wanted to unleash the full potential of his Noblesse class with its powerful skills.

"Let's go to the Lord now," Yuki said with a smile, even though his avatar didn't display any emotional indications. He glanced at the fallen Werewolf General and retrieved what appeared to be a claw with a sword engraving on it.

Yuki promptly added it to a specific section of his inventory, a designated place for items useful for quests. He then made his way toward the Throne Room of the Castle. Now that he had collected all 50 Claws of the Werewolves, he would be able to initiate the event leading to the unlocking of his new class.

Appearing before what seemed to be two massive doors guarded by nobles, Yuki observed that the NPCs wouldn't permit him to meet the Lord unless the Lord granted permission or extended an invitation. However, Yuki clearly possessed what he needed to gain access.

Yuki positioned himself at the center of the gate and removed the gloves he was wearing, revealing what appeared to be a tattoo beneath: a circular magic circle. As soon as he did this, the doors began to shine. This was because he had made connections with the Lord, a feature common in the game. Increasing favor with NPCs allowed access to certain features, quests, items, and even classes, just as Yuki had done here.

Immediately, the two NPCs standing beside the enormous doors opened them, revealing a rather sizable Throne Room with a resplendent golden throne at its center.

Seated on the throne was a striking young woman, though labeling her as a woman felt like an overstatement as she appeared to be barely 18. Her hair was a radiant white, casting a crimson-red hue that matched her eyes, which gleamed with a deep blood-red shade. She was adorned in a beautiful, modest black gown that only accentuated her beauty.

Standing beside her were four clan leaders, two female and two male. Yuki was intimately familiar with this NPC, having spent considerable time building favorability with her, as she played a crucial role in his ascent to power within this class.

Yuki approached the Throne Room and presented the 50 Claws he had gathered. He pressed the "Initiate" option, prompting the start of an event.

Immediately, the clan leader who had granted Yuki the False Noblesse class descended the throne's stairs and accepted the 50 Claws Yuki had found. Then, the conversation commenced.

___________________________________________________

Should this be a Multiverse Story?
  • Yes Votes: 25 55.6%
  • No Votes: 13 28.9%
  • We live we love we lie. Votes: 7 15.6%
Total voters: 45
16