chapter #3. a bit of intermidiary
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that the whole “Wrath of God”  thing has happened, you might be wondering; How do you hide a whole species within another?

To that I answer; Skill and Negligence.

Skill from the Root’s part and Negligence on the Human’s.

When the World outside familiar lands is either full of monster’s, domain of eldritch beasts, some god’s backyard, has Fey there, Dragons, or any other somesuch happenstance; you don’t pay attention for if that new friend you made yesterday is actually some thousand year old plant capable of taking human form totally indistinguishable from another other human, and when the ruler of your people wrestled a beast made from clay into a brother, you stop caring.

It also helps if you can get them to sign a Contract to keep their mouth shut~

There’s also another question some of You may ask, mainly, how do I keep track of all this?

Is it some Hivemind or Telepathy that lets you know whatever else they know or other somesuch?

To which I shall answer with; No.

Tis called Post, get on with the times.

No, but, seriously; carrier birds and some such, while relatively slow, when done right, are not only sorta untraceable, but when you can also take the Form of such, make’s forwarding information over ludicrous distances feasible, which is Impressive on its own right.

What about the Information Medium on which the information is to be written on?

Wooden Slips.

Just… wooden slips…

Stuff like paper and papyrus is not only finicky to make and kinda complicated, but also paints a big-as-your-mom target on you. Also; most of the Root’s are too busy being Peasants and Soldiers and all that jazz to start revolutionizing something not only not really needed currently, but also; jumpstart’s easy to see Progress that’s not really supposed to exist yet.

i.e; you’re not as smart as you think you are.

Now then; fuck off so I can go back to all this paperwork, gods know that there’s a fuckton of it still un-archived and not yet distributed to those that want it…

1