Prologue – Relying on Pity
65 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Final results, 1 godly, 5 mythical, 20 legendary, 30 rare, 34 common and 10 trash cards. '
I only got the godly card due to pity... again. Thankfully, it's the character card I wanted, Melody - Maid Version. Previously maid editions could only be bought by real money, for $50 per character, however 100 rolls on the banner only cost $20 if bought at once in the game's currency. As with all games that have loot boxes or gacha mechanics, there are also a number of currencies that a player needs to buy in order to use them.
*ping*
Oh, a private message.
'Hey Kelmor, what did you get?'
An innocent message from my guildmate...until I remember they usually get at least 3 godly cards from their 100 rolls.
'Pity again only. BUT it was Melody!'
I replied and waited for his boasting message.
'Sucks man! I only got one extra godly this time. I got Lysa and Leon.'
'Oh? That's surprising. Although Leon is a good pull, Lysa is one of the lowest ranked characters.'
*ping*
'Yo, we doin GR5 today?' another guildmate messaged me.
'Yep, just waiting on everyone to arrive. We meet up in the guild house at 8'
GR5 or godly raid 5 is the latest raid that got released a month ago, 2 months after the new expansion did. Since we were playing a VRMMORPG, the raids required extra time to be tested on the test servers due to the number of exploits the full body motion trackers allowed. I remember reading a blog post not too long ago how the huge gap between a good and a bad player's skill of the motion system also made it hard to balance it, so they came up with the GR levels. GR1 allowed casuals to complete it with one godly card that they can get from the pity, GR2 required some coordination but it was quite easy, GR3 is when the difficulty spike occurred. The boss won't spawn trash mobs anymore making it hard to replenish resources, their AI will also now react to player's actions, at GR4 a new phase is introduced where player's skill of the motion system is a must. You have the deflect, parry or block at precise times. On GR5 however, you need the most up to date equipment, cards. Most parties choose to use the meta abilities as well, but for those that mastered the motion system, abilities don't matter as much. I try to make it a habit to avoid any of the meta abilities since I find it boring to just copy what everyone else is doing. 

*ping*

Oh, time to head to the guild house.

~#~
12pm, finally finished running the raid for the 2 groups in our guild, I logged out. It only took 3 tries for the first group and 2 for the second to finish it, this would be considered pretty good compared to some of the racing guilds, but we are just casual. Some of the members already have families and can't login everyday for more than an hour. Yet, due to how VR games allow the player's skill to shine even in MMO's means muscle memory and reflexes help close the gap between casuals and tryhards.
'Ahhhhh!'
I stretched my limbs and back, even though I am 'young', sitting in one place for over 4 hours takes a toll on them. I ate some fruit and crackers before lying down for the night. I lived in a nice but modest apartment, alone.
'Ah, it's Saturday tomorrow... I have to take out the trash, do laundry...ugh.'
With the next day's plan in my head, I drifted to sleep. Instead of waking up to my alarm, in my bed, I was lying naked in some kind of forest.
'Wha..where?'
As I was checking my surroundings, a transparent window all too familiar appeared.
[STATUS]
Name: Kalmer
Level: 1 (0/50)
Condition: Normal
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Dexterity: 10
Agility: 10
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 10
Luck: 10
'Huh?'
Did I somehow login to the game? No, no, no. I am only level 1, while Kelmor is already the max level 75.  Oh, wait I am Kalmer... The alt character I made for the beauty competition? Huh, why am I feeling chilly. I looked down and saw an unfamiliar member hanging between my legs. It was girthier and wasn't as small when flaccid than mine.

"You can't be naked in the game! What the hell is going on?"

I cried out to the heavens.

 

A/N:

Thanks for reading. Please leave a comment if you have any feedback.

1