28: Trial and Error
217 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the things that Wally got used to after living with Darius for about a month now (Four and a half months since Darius started his journey with the Torterra herd) was that Darius liked to sig. And I mean, he really liked music! He'd be exercising and training while humming a song, he'd be mixing and making medicine or Pokecubes and he'd be singing a song, he'd be washing Cerberus - much to the puppy's dislike - and he'd comfort the little guy with a lullaby. Slowly, Wally started to learn the songs Darius liked to sing, and he started to also sing along to them.

As did the other Pokemon around him.

"-and I sure would like some sweet company, and I'm leaving tomorrow what-do-ya say?" Darius, sitting on Big Boy's head, softly applying medicine to the socket where an eye should be as to help the irritated tissue that was leaking this nasty liquid similar to a mashed potatoes, sang: "When I'm gone~ When I'm gone~ You gonna miss me when I'm gone~" 

"You're gonna miss me by my hair, you're gonna miss me everywhere~ Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone~"

Wally hummed alongside the song as he heard Darius sing it, working alongside the other Pokemon to help Darius do his check up on all Torterras and their health. He would pull weed from their bodies, check their mouths, eyes, ears, and underside to make sure there was no harm to their bodies. If there was, he'd help them! 

"When I'm gone, When I'm gone~ You're gonna miss me when I'm gone~ You're gonna miss me by my walk, you're gonna miss me by my talk, oh you're gonna miss me when I'm gone." 

Wally truly wondered, where did Darius listen to the songs he sang most of the times? Wally wasn't an avid music enjoyer, but he did listen to music every now and then! I mean, how wouldn't he? There were so many songs about Pokemon- Too many songs about only Pokemon. It's nice that there are more songs about other things than Pokemon in this world! Darius has sung many songs about so many things that Wally really wonders if he was the one making these songs... 

"I got my ticket for the long way 'round~ The one with the prettiest of views-" They were further down the continental bridge between Hoenn and Sinnoh. They still had a really long way to go to arrive in Sinnoh, but the distance was what made Wally both anxious and relaxed. Anxious because he wants to know if his parents are still alive, and relaxed because after freaking out and panicking about everything, the scenario and beauty around him (alongside the Pokemon... not to mention a certain man) relaxed him: "-It's got mountains, it's got rivers, it's got sights to give you shivers, but it sure would be prettier with you~" 

Darius dangled from the Torterra's skull, the only thing holding him and preventing his fall was a single thread that was stuck to a tree. That thread was made by Arachne, the resident Leavanny and cloth maker. Wally's new clothes come directly from her! 

"When I'm gone, when I'm gone~ You're gonna miss me- Oh shit!" Well, that certainly is not part of the song! Wally walked forward, closer to the skull of the Pokemon and looked down, holding into the thread that held Darius: "Is everything okay down there? You need help?" Looking down, he only saw Darius shaking his head: "Nah, thanks though... I just noticed that Big Boy here has started losing eyesight on the other eye too." 

"Oh..." Big Boy was a really old Torterra, Wally had learned, and he was the leader of this herd. If he gets blind, it'll be bad! "That's... sad." Wally didn't know what else to say at that moment, but thankfully Darius knew exactly what he was dealing with: "Ah, don't worry. I got a way of treating it! Well, he's not going to get blind, but I guess I should start training him on developing a Seismic Sense..." And this. Darius had terms for things Wally never even thought of before! He saw Pokemons in a whole different way. Like, Wally was aware that a Fire type could easily lose to a Water type, but he never thought that if a Fire type uses their fire to evaporate the water attacks could accelerate their doom if their fire is not hot enough. Because steam is just water in a gaseous form, which meant Water pokemon could manipulate it! 

Also, manipulation.

Wally had only read abkut strong Pokemon being able to manipulate their respective aspects and types, only those of Rank 5 or above! And apparently there are more than just 5 tiers as well... Officially, the League has presented to the world that there are 3 Ranks (4, technically) a Pokemon can have, and then they are further separated into tiers of said ranks. Starting with Rank 0, is known as the Baby Pokemon Rank, a rank which most Pokemon are born at! Then we have Beginner Rank also known as Rank 1, which is separated into 3 tiers - Lesser, Regular, and Advanced. Then we have Rank 2, the Intermediate Rank! It is separated in 5 tiers - Lesser, Minor, Regular, Advanced, and Master. Then we have Rank 3, the last one. This one is also known as the Advanced Rank, which is separated into 15 tiers - Lesser, Lesser-Minor, Minor, Minor-Intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate-Advanced, Advanced, Advanced-Master, Master, Master-Champion, Champion, Champion-King, King, King-God, God.

The system of tiers was a little confusing for Wally too. He had to study a lot to even start to understand a little bit of it.

Which was ridiculous when Darius simply explained to him how he himself categorized Pokemon in 8 (technically 9) ranks. He also said that there might be some changes in these rankings, but he told him he's pretty sure about that!

Basically, he categorized Pokemon in these rankings: Baby (0), Novice (1), Trained (2), Experienced (3), Expert (4), Elite (5), Master (6), Semi-Champion (7), and Champion (8)! 

And apparently Big Boy, the Torterra they lived on top of, was a Rank 6 Pokemon, a Master! Which was incredible to learn because Big Boy was the strongest Pokemon Wally had ever met! Which had Darius chuckling, saying if he had appeared earlier, he'd be able to meet a Raikou! 

"Hey, Arachne, it's time for the cleaning duty." Wally quickly went to help, already getting used to this new life of his. Alongside the large Bug type, his small Cottonee floated with small little giggles, soon this soft cotton flew out if his body, being carried by the wind for a moment, until it was caught by the flying cloud known as Swy. Her brother Swu was sleeping, which she found boring. "Ah, Swy!" Calling out to the Pokemon, Wally smiled as she flew to him, landing on his head softly: "Can you go give this to Darius?" The soft little "Swa~!" He got as an answer, soon the cloud blue bird swooped down, took the wooden bucket with her and flew towards Darius' dangling form. Arachne herself used the move [String Shot] and [Sticky Web] into a platform of wood that Darius dangled from! "Let's go!" Darius grinned as his hand glowed a soft green coloration as he used his Green affinity to pull out little weeds and sticks from the thick hide of the large Torterra. Wally also helped by using his Psychic affinity to also try and pull the weeds out.

It worked. Most of the time...

"Shit-" A bit of dirt hit Darius' eyes, making him take a step back in shock, only for his body to tilt and fack back. And guess what? When you're in the air, there's nothing to catch yourself other than the wind itself! A powerful gush of wind blew on Darius' back, making his falling body just push him back onto his feet. "-well, that worked." It was more an instinctive reaction really, but hey, it saved him from the annoying task of falling from a height considered to be seriously injuring for normal humans. "Are you okay!?" Wally screamed down, looking worried: "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it-" 

"It's okay." Darius rolled his eyes as this soft silk-like energy lashed out and attached itself to the ground-like hide of the enormous Pokemon. He then attached the other end of the silk on himself to make sure that he's going to be fine and not fall down. "There, don't worry your little cute head about me now baby." Darius winked upwards, ignoring the boy as he focused on his task now. He also missed how flustered Wally looked after Darius teasingly called him a baby in a mocking way, but Wally fudanshi brain 2000 ultra HD plus L plus Ratio plus gay couldn't help but just come to it's own conclusion: Being called baby made him really embarrassed but also turned on.

What the fuck is he even supposed to do about this!? He has a fucking crush on Darius, and it's plainly obvious.

-Scene Cut-

Wally: Notice me, Senpai!

Darius: *Blindness 100*

-Scene Cut-

Life is like a 4 dimensional shape.

There are many sides to it, and it is so fucking confusing! 

"How many times are we going to do this!?" Said a rather small guy with a huge Pokemon beside him. The attire he was wearing was this black shirt with a small soft white skull with small bubbles floating upwards and forming clouds right where his neck was. The trench coat he was wearing was white, his glasses dangled from hia face as he stood upside-down. The Pokemon holding him was this large Manta-like Pokemon with small spikes growing out of their rather oddly malleable body. The skin - if if could be called that - had a purple hue, eyes were a bright yellow light that glowed like a flame. "As many times as needed, Mercury." 

The small man - about 5'2 feet tall - groaned. 

They have been doing this for three hours non-stop! 

Right before their very eyes were these tubes, and inside said tubes, there were liquids of various colors. Some had smoke coming out of them, or any form of gas, while behind this weak and window, they could perfectly see their own creation. 

A large creature bound by chains of several thousand feet, large metal-like teeth. Pokemon fans would recognize this as a Steelix... The only problem? It was melting. Melting weirdly with this purple liquid spilling out of it, almost like a Muk started to corrode the metallic body of the Steelix, turning it into this molten metal. "Give him another shot." The stoic man said, Mercury just rolled his eyes as these long mechanical arms moved from the ceiling, one of said arms had this long drill-like syringe, which was used to inject this thick glowing purple liquid. 

The bound and melting Steelix cried out in terrible pain as more and more of his body melted, turning purple. Until, his whole body was now like a Muk's body. Purple and liquid. 

But something went wrong. The Steelix couldn't keep his new form intact, it started getting disconnected, parts of it were sloppy and he could really keep control of, which was- "Disappointing." The stoic man scotfed: "Get rid of this failed experiment... It seems Ditto DNA cannot be used to complete our objective..." 

It seems they need to try other DNAs. 

10