Prologue
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What day should I be posting?
  • Sunday 7 PM EST Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thursday 8 PM EST Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday 8 PM EST Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0 · This poll was closed on Oct 9, 2023 03:39 PM.

Rain lashed the desolate battlefield, the sky a chaotic swirl of tempestuous clouds. The once vibrant meadow was now a grim arena, an ominous stage for an impending fight. Zane stood poised at one end, his demeanor grim and resolute, his eyes reflecting the storm above. The imminent clash crackled in the charged air, punctuated by the distant rumble of thunder.

Suddenly, the battleground became covered in shadows and dark energy. "Ah, Zane Dragocor," a voice echoed like distant thunder, a deep resonance that seemed to reach into the very core of the battlefield. "So, you were chosen to become the “savior” of this hopeless world of Furnodis. How delightful."

Suddenly, a figure appeared behind Zane and put a hand on his shoulder. Shobris, an entity beyond mortal comprehension, surveyed Zane with an enigmatic grin. His green pupils glinted with mischief and ancient knowledge, hints of shifting galaxies twinkling within. “Oh, I’m sorry,” Shobris said, “Did I scare you?”

Zane's blue eyes were ablaze with determination, his scarred muscles taut with readiness, their sinews visible as they tightened with each breath. He knew the magnitude of this clash. It was a battle of more than mere physicality—it was a confrontation of ideologies, of power, of the very essence of their existence.

Without a word, Zane lunged, his speed almost imperceptible to the naked eye. His body moved with the grace of a predator, every muscle fiber working in harmony. Shobris met his advance effortlessly, their clash creating massive shockwaves. The ground trembled beneath their power, small rocks and debris dancing in the air.

Each blow Zane landed, Shobris countered with an almost casual grace, as if predicting every move. Their dance of combat was an intricate display of skill and might, weaving a dangerous pattern on the sodden battleground. Each strike was accompanied by a flash of energy, the clash of forces producing dazzling sparks that briefly illuminated the darkened sky.

The torrential rain seemed to obey Shobris, now a weapon, now a shield, and at times, a cloak that concealed his form. The raindrops moved with an uncanny precision, forming a mystical barrier that deflected some of Zane's attacks. Zane, his face grim with the struggle against a god, channeled his Unhinged Berserker and Asuran Physique abilities. He grew four more muscular arms, and his muscles surged with power as he roared, the sound echoing through the field, resonating with a primal ferocity.

Amidst the fierce struggle, a flash of lightning illuminated the battlefield, revealing a moment frozen in time. Zane, in the midst of a powerful strike, his expression a mix of desperation and determination. Shobris, evading with an ethereal grace, his eyes alight with a mischievous spark, enjoying the dance of combat.

Then, with a flick of Shobris' finger, Zane was sent flying across the field, a ragged doll in the face of sheer power. The impact was jarring, the ground cracking beneath Zane's form. He staggered to his feet, but his resolve for battle only strengthened. The taste of iron mingled with the scent of petrichor, an assault on his senses. “I hope I can get back in time to eat Soso’s meat stew?" he muttered to himself.

In a split second, Shobris teleported right in front of Zane and asked while grinning, “What thoughts matter more than looking me in the eye?!” The question seemed to echo through the desolate battlefield, carried by the winds of uncertainty. “Oh nothing,” Zane answered back. “I’m just thinking about how delicious my dinner will be.” Their next punch caused a huge explosion, shaking the very core of Furnodis. The myths that would be told by generations to come state that the aftershocks caused time to pause, as if the world itself held its breath in anticipation of what was to come from this conflict.

0