1
168 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come and have a bite. I'll make you super awesome!" Lin Tian squatted in a corner of the community, holding a small black pill in his hand and glancing at the wary black puppy in the corner.

 

"Woof woof~!"

 

Hearing Lin Tian's words, the little black dog hesitated for a moment and let out a cautious bark.

 

After a few moments, under Lin Tian's watchful eyes, the little black dog cautiously approached, head lowered.

 

Its slightly damp nose sniffed the black pill held between Lin Tian's fingers.

 

Sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff~!

 

After a few sniffs, the little black dog gently opened its mouth.

 

Immediately, the little black dog's eyes widened, and it spat out.

 

"Ouch~!"

 

Lin Tian was taken aback and quickly moved away.

 

"Ding!"

 

"The attempt to control failed. Please find the next independent control target."

 

"There's still one hour left before the novice mission ends!"

 

As the little black dog vomited, a series of messages appeared on Lin Tian's screen.

 

"Oh, let me go. Is this the twelfth dog that made me vomit?"

 

Lin Tian calculated in his mind, "Well, there are also the more than 20 cats that vomited."

 

While pondering, Lin Tian looked at the small black pill in his hand and mumbled, "Does this thing really smell that bad?"

 

Intrigued, Lin Tian put the pill near his nose again and sniffed it several times but couldn't detect any unusual odor.

 

"It's still an hour away... Where can I find a pet willing to eat this control pill?"

 

Lin Tian sighed in his heart. "I've already visited all five pet shops around the community, and none of them are willing to accept this control pill. The mission still has one hour left... Maybe there's still some hope if I take a taxi to the pet shop in the city. Right?"

 

With this thought in mind, Lin Tian considered the strange and surprised expressions on the faces of the owners of the five previous pet shops, witnessing all the pets in the stores vomiting uncontrollably.

 

"Huh? Namu Yang Palace?"

 

Just as he was about to unlock his phone to check the map, Lin Tian caught sight of a figure in the nearby alley. The man was holding a tattered billboard.

 

Staring at the peculiar characters on the billboard and piecing together the faint traces of the words, Lin Tian discerned the word 'Aquarium.'

 

Abandoning his plan to hail a taxi at the community entrance, Lin Tian swiftly headed toward Namu Yang Palace.

 

"Whatever you need, young man, just take a look and I'll give you a discount!" The store was filled with the smell of fish as Lin Tian held the Control Pill in his hand.

 

"I have the new phoenix tails, sapphire blue and colorful. I'm expecting a hundred and eighty fish roe in three days. Buying them will be a great deal!"

 

"There are also kissing fish..."

 

With the pet shop owner's enthusiastic introduction resonating, Lin Tian held the Control Pill and passed it past the fish tanks, but the fish quickly hid away.

 

"Hey, let's head to the city center directly. There are many pet shops there; maybe we'll find one!"

 

Seeing the fish's reactions, Lin Tian shook his head and turned to leave.

 

But suddenly, he stopped.

 

He noticed a fish in a tank in the corner that didn't seem to be avoiding the Control Pill. In fact, it seemed very interested, even clinging to the tank's wall.

 

Intrigued, Lin Tian approached.

 

"Yes, brother, you heard it right. Last time, someone bought a few pairs of kissing fish from me, just like the goddess... huh?"

 

The owner of the pet shop was startled by Lin Tian's sudden halt and repeated what he had said.

 

Before he could finish, Lin Tian signaled for him to be quiet and approached the last fish tank.

 

He placed his palm against the tank's glass, and his eyes lit up as he looked at a silver dragon swimming about twenty centimeters long.

 

The silver dragon saw Lin Tian and swam happily, bumping against the tank's wall with its mouth from time to time.

 

 

As Lin Tian's palm, holding the Control Pill, moved slowly, the silver dragon in the fish tank also swam, keeping its mouth close to the tank's wall, as if it wanted to swallow the Control Pill.

 

"Huh?"

 

Suddenly, Lin Tian stared at the silver dragon and sighed inwardly. He noticed that this silver dragon seemed a little special.

 

Just now, he had observed the silver dragon blinking. Blinking was an ordinary action for humans or even common animals like horses, cattle, sheep, dogs, and cats. But on a fish, it was quite extraordinary!

 

Moreover, the silver dragon had blinked at him.

 

Seeing this, Lin Tian no longer hesitated and moved his hand on the fish tank towards the tank's opening.

 

Plop~!

 

The Control Pill was thrown directly into the fish tank by Lin Tian, creating a splash that broke the aquarium's tranquility.

 

Whoosh!

 

As the Control Pill entered the water, the silver dragon swiftly swallowed it.

 

"Let me go, boy, what are you doing? What did you just throw in?" the pet shop owner exclaimed in surprise and anger.

 

"Boss, how much does this silver dragon cost? I want to buy it!" Lin Tian, still smiling, asked the pet shop owner.

 

At this moment, after swallowing the Control Pill, the silver dragon quietly sank to the bottom of the tank and became motionless. Lin Tian knew that the process of gaining control had begun.

 

...

 

"Uh... one hundred and fifty, but I'll give you a 20% discount, so one hundred and twenty yuan, take it away!" the owner of the pet shop responded to Lin Tian's inquiry.

 

"One hundred, and throw in the fish tank as well!" Lin Tian said, not looking back, as he was captivated by the silver dragon in the fish tank.

 

"One hundred and one, and I'll include special fish food for silver dragons!"

 

"Deal!"

 

...

 

A few minutes later, Lin Tian excitedly left the aquarium, clutching the fish tank and rushing home without stopping.

 

"I'm just telling you, you need to be more enthusiastic in your business. If you act like an uninterested seller all day, who will buy your fish!" Lin Tian shouted back at the pet shop owner.

Just after Lin Tian left, a woman's voice emerged from the back room of the aquarium.

 

"You know nothing, why didn't I just say that this thing could be related to 'love'..."

 

...

 

Gudonggudong~!

 

Lin Tian ran all the way from the aquarium back to the community and into his home without a moment's pause. He sat on the living room sofa, gazing at the fish tank on the coffee table.

 

"Wait!"

 

Suddenly, a realization struck Lin Tian.

 

It was almost two thousand meters from the aquarium to his home!

 

No blush? No racing heart? No fatigue climbing up to the sixth floor in one breath?

 

Lin Tian looked skeptically at the silver dragon in the fish tank. "And I'm still holding this big fish tank..."

 

Normally, just going up to the sixth floor would leave Lin Tian panting and weak in the legs, let alone a distance of over two thousand meters.

 

Buzz~!

 

As Lin Tian puzzled over this, a buzzing sound filled his ears.

 

In his line of sight, a fly flapped its wings, slowly passing by. The speed was so leisurely that Lin Tian could even see a trace of something unpleasant on the fly's wings!

 

Simultaneously, there was a cacophony in Lin Tian's ears.

 

Kakakka~! Da da da~! Bang bang bang!

 

Unconsciously following the sound, Lin Tian witnessed a spider preying in a corner of the wall, its knife-like claws inserted into the abdomen of a trembling mosquito. He saw ants carrying food residues through the floor gaps and a ladybug resting on the balcony window screen, fluttering its wings.

 

All of this happened so suddenly that Lin Tian was astonished. And just as suddenly, it all vanished.

 

"Huh? What was that just now..."

 

As Lin Tian pondered, he suddenly felt something sticky between his eyebrows. It felt like it was clinging to something.

 

He touched around and found nothing. "Wait a minute, is it in this location... the sea of consciousness between my eyebrows?"

 

"Ding!"

"Autonomous control is successful! Novice mission completed..."

 

The sudden appearance of the message on the window left Lin Tian momentarily stunned, then elated.

 

With a thought, information simultaneously appeared in Lin Tian's mind and on the window.

 

"Welcome to the Life Beast Master System..."

[Host information]

Name: Lin Tian

Occupation: Junior Beastmaster

Consciousness sea status: turned on

Royal beast: Silver Dragon (click to view details)

【Task list】

Task 1: Autonomous control of a pet (completed)

Mission reward: Novice gift package (to be collected)

Task 2: Complete the evolution of a beast (not received)

 

Lin Tian now had a general understanding of the life-type beast control system. Looking at the host information column, Lin Tian nodded, "Sure enough, it is caused by opening the sea of consciousness!"

 

At this moment, as the system's panel frame information appeared on the window, Lin Tian felt a slight warmth between his eyebrows.

 

There seemed to be waves of warmth emerging.

 

Just as Lin Tian felt this, slender lines suddenly appeared in his sight, resembling spider threads.

 

When these slender lines appeared, they were injected into his body. After a while, Lin Tian felt a tingling sensation spreading from his body.

 

A pleasurable feeling welled up in his heart, making Lin Tian feel more relaxed, as if someone had given him a supreme Thai massage...

 

"This is spiritual power..."

 

Feeling the relaxed sensation in his body, Lin Tian moved his fingers to gather the spiritual threads that burst out from his eyebrows and observed them carefully.

 

Not long after, Lin Tian refocused on the information displayed on the window. When he saw the beast-controlling silver dragon, Lin Tian clicked directly to view the detailed information.

 

"[Silver Dragon]

Quality: Mediocre

Beast Control Skill: Water Bomb

Number of evolutions: 2

PS: Complete the number of evolutions to improve the quality of beast control."

 

"Mediocre quality... skill water bomb... number of evolutions to improve quality?"

 

Lin Tian couldn't help but nod as he carefully examined the virtual panel information that appeared on the window.

 

This information wasn't difficult for Lin Tian to grasp.

 

"Mission 2: Complete the evolution of the silver dragon. Mission reward: Spirit-Charging Pill."

 

"Materials required for the evolution of the Silver Dragon: Iron sand * 20 pounds, poplar wood * 20, fire rocks * 20, spirit beads * 2."

 

"The mission reward is a spiritual elixir? It looks like it should be an elixir that replenishes spiritual power."

 

As for elixirs that replenish spiritual power, Lin Tian knew that these were life-saving items in times of crisis.

 

Seeing the materials needed for evolution, Lin Tian thought, "These materials are not difficult to find. Iron sand is the black powder absorbed by magnets in the sand, and it can be bought online. Fire rocks can also be purchased online. As for poplar wood, there are many poplar trees planted along the road not far from the community."

 

When Lin Tian looked at the last material needed for the Silver Dragon's evolution mission, he raised his eyebrows slightly. "Spirit bead? What is a spirit bead? Beads made of spiritual energy? How can I get it?"

 

"This system has a query function, so I can try it out!"

 

With a gentle word, Lin Tian looked at the 'magnifying glass' at the top of the virtual frame and tapped it. After entering the word 'spirit bead', the screen quickly changed, and new information appeared on the window.

 

"Spirit bead: obtained by killing the Yin spirit. Depending on the strength of the Yin spirit, the number of spirit beads obtained varies...

 

Yin spirit: a creature that exists in the world as a spiritual body. It is difficult to detect with the naked eye and is hard for ordinary people to see, but it cannot escape detection by spiritual power..."

 

"Kill the Yin Spirit?"

 

Seeing the explanation about Yin spirits, Lin Tian raised his eyebrows slightly. "Difficult to detect with the naked eye and challenging for ordinary people to see... It requires spiritual power to sense..."

 

"That means I can just focus my spiritual power on my eyes, right?"

 

As Lin Tian spoke, he had a thought, and the spiritual power threads originally gathered on his fingers slowly adhered to his eyes.

 

Though the process felt a bit awkward, Lin Tian didn't find it difficult to operate. The opening of the sea of consciousness had given Lin Tian a natural affinity for the spiritual power it contained.

 

As his eyes filled with spiritual power, the ants in the floor cracks, the spiders devouring mosquitoes in the corner, the trembling spiderwebs, and the ladybugs that had gone and returned all reappeared in Lin Tian's sight.

 

Even the scene of flies sneaking past on the back of the sofa, which Lin Tian hadn't touched, appeared in his mind at this time. It was a 360-degree scene with no blind spots, all observed by Lin Tian!

 

At the same time, Lin Tian also discovered that the range of his observation was about three meters. Within this range, Lin Tian could see all the dust particles floating in the air.

 

However, beyond this scope, he couldn't investigate in detail.

 

"Under this spiritual exploration, as long as the Yin spirit comes within three meters of me, there will be nowhere to hide!"

 

After a while, when Lin Tian felt the spiritual thread providing his eyes with power slightly weakening, he withdrew it into the sea of consciousness between his eyebrows with a thought.

 

Wow~!

 

As Lin Tian finished speaking, there was a sudden splash of water from the fish tank on the coffee table. The silver dragon in the fish tank blinked at Lin Tian and swam freely.

 

Seeing this, Lin Tian grinned. "You will hang out with me from now on, and I haven't given you a name yet..."

 

"You are the first pet that I have controlled as a master, and you are a silver dragon... In that case, let's call you Long Yi!"

 

Rubbing his chin, Lin Tian pondered and then said.

 

Wow~!

 

Hearing the name 'Long Yi,' the silver dragon in the fish tank blinked again and swam more freely.

 

"Haha, okay, okay, from now on I will call you Long Yi!"

 

Lin Tian chuckled.

3