5
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the silent environment, only Lin Tian's footsteps continued to echo.

Da da daa~! It was like a heartbeat, the sound echoing through the air, making one feel a bit uneasy.

Long Yi on his arm was also quiet and motionless, its head held high like a cobra, its two eyes vigilantly scanning the dark environment as if it could see through the darkness.

The next moment, Lin Tian's eyes brimmed with spiritual power, and the environment became slightly brighter in his vision.

But that was it.

The illuminated area extended only about one or two meters. Beyond that, there was still an abyss of nothingness.

After a few minutes, Lin Tian glanced around the living room. There was no sign that any of the furnishings had been disturbed.

Of course, there was no sign of Aunt Chen.

Lin Tian stood at the door of a bedroom. The door squeaked as it opened, and Lin Tian entered to check.

"No one!"

There was no sign of Aunt Chen in the second bedroom, toilet, kitchen... no trace.

After a while, Lin Tian stood in front of the last room. This was Aunt Chen's utility room.

Lin Tian carefully searched through the entire house, leaving only the last utility room unchecked.

Putting his hand on the cold door handle, Lin Tian took a deep breath.

The white mist he exhaled was quickly swallowed by the surrounding darkness.

But just as Lin Tian was about to push the door open and enter, his back suddenly tightened!

This wasn't the sensation of someone grabbing his clothes from behind, but rather his body's reaction to imminent danger.

Puff~ Puff!

Long Yi on his arm suddenly reacted.

Long Yi leaped up and flew behind Lin Tian.

"Not good!"

Lin Tian, instantly on high alert, whispered in his mind. His body turned to look behind him as if it were a conditioned reflex.

Just as Lin Tian turned around, an unusually pale face was staring at him, only an inch away from his own face.

Lin Tian could feel the cold breath emanating from the pale face. It sent shivers down his spine.

At this moment, Long Yi had already arrived in front of the figure that had appeared behind Lin Tian.

Bang bang bang~!

Long Yi's body trembled, his fish tail swinging in the air. Water splashed out, and fist-sized water balls emerged one after another.

The figure that had just appeared was hit by the water balls, tilting and falling to the side. The dark nails that were about to pierce Lin Tian's back also deviated, scratching on the nearby wall, leaving deep ravines.

Seeing this, Lin Tian broke into a cold sweat, his heart pounding.

Plop~!

After this, Long Yi's figure swung in the air and returned to Lin Tian's arm.

Seizing this opportunity, Lin Tian, who had narrowly escaped an attack, got a clear look at the figure attempting to harm him.

This figure's silhouette and clothing resembled Aunt Chen's, but the face was drastically different. While it bore some resemblance to Aunt Chen's features, it lacked the sense of warmth, radiating a chilling and eerie vibe.

Vaguely, Lin Tian sensed a malevolent aura swirling around 'Aunt Chen's' face.

"Huh? This smell... what is it?"

Suddenly, Lin Tian realized that this unsettling atmosphere emanated from a necklace pendant worn by 'Aunt Chen' around her neck.

However, instead of human words, what answered Lin Tian were a series of whimpering sounds.

At the same time, the fallen 'Aunt Chen' stood up once more. The black and purple spike-like nails attempted to stab Lin Tian's head again.

This time, Lin Tian was on guard, leaping to avoid the attack.

When Lin Tian regained his footing, Long Yi struck out again, flying into the air with splashes of water.

In the darkness, Long Yi's body emitted a silver light and shadow, akin to a silver flying sword.

Faintly, there were bursts of roaring sounds coming from inside the house.

In the meantime, water began to gather under Long Yi's body, and he stood up as if walking on the water, a majestic air between his brows.

Such momentum not only left Lin Tian slightly stunned but also unnerved 'Aunt Chen,' who had intended to pursue Lin Tian once more.

"Ho~!"

As a roar escaped Long Yi's mouth, a gray shadow emerged from 'Aunt Chen's' body.

Then it drifted towards Lin Tian!

At the same time, in Lin Tian's vision, dense gray threads separated from the Yin spirit's body and shot towards Lin Tian and Long Yi.

Just as Lin Tian noticed this perilous situation, ready to take action, he suddenly found that his body seemed to be restrained by something and couldn't move.

In the blink of an eye, the gray silk threads wrapped around his body.

Looking up, Long Yi was in a similar predicament. Numerous gray threads surrounded him.

However, due to the water-bending passive skill, a layer of water vapor spread around Long Yi's body, blocking the gray-white silk threads from entering.

Yet, this very act prevented Long Yi from coming to Lin Tian's rescue in time.

In the distance, Aunt Chen, now separated from the gray shadow, was lying on the ground, twitching.

At this time, Lin Tian looked determined, veins popping out, as a vast amount of spiritual power surged from the sea of consciousness.

This flood of spiritual power instantly flowed to Lin Tian's body, resisting the gray threads binding him.

Huhuhu!

Gusts of sinister wind filled his ears, the aura of the malevolent spirit assaulting Lin Tian's face.

In the meantime, the gray shadow's body was slowly dissipating.

Of course, it didn't truly vanish; the gray threads invaded Lin Tian's body.

Because at this moment, Lin Tian had already noticed the stiffness in his body.

Lin Tian knew that if the Yin spirit invaded his body, death would be the only fate awaiting him!

Boom~!

About half a breath later, when the Yin spirit drew close to Lin Tian's body, an explosion resonated.

Following that, a series of crackling explosions emanated from various parts of Lin Tian's body!

The gray silk threads that had wrapped around Lin Tian's body were quickly extinguishing at a visible speed.

With this newfound resilience, Long Yi also completely obliterated the gray and white threads surrounding himself and soared toward Lin Tian.

"Long Yi, now!"

With a fierce shout, Lin Tian hunched and squatted on the ground.

As Lin Tian's voice reverberated, the sounds of air being pierced and penetrated filled the air.

Swish swish~!

A multitude of water balls followed Long Yi's impact.

The gray shadow that had broken free from Aunt Chen's body shattered like glass.

At the same time, the necklace pendant worn by Aunt Chen around her neck shattered into powder with a 'pop' sound!

"Ding!" "Successfully banished the Yin spirit and obtained 5 spirit beads"

1