Chapter 93
252 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gulp-gulp—

Gulp-gulp—

Lynne nearly choked to death from being force-fed, quickly pushing away the bottle and retorting with a deadpan expression: "I'm not dying, so why worry about me? I practice physique enhancement, and I have unique abilities like Flesh Catastrophe. Killing me? That's just not happening."

Visibly, Lynne activated Flesh Catastrophe. The gaping hole in his chest began to heal bit by bit. His torn right hand also started to regenerate under his control, sprouting tender new flesh from his arm. Combined with the healing potion's effects, his body rapidly regained vitality.

Hidari smirked arrogantly, "Who's worried about you? Remember! You promised me a strawberry cake and a big compensation. If you forget, it's going to be dangerous!"

Lynne smiled, adjusting his cracked monocular glasses, and said: "Don't worry, I'll make sure you're stuffed full!"

Left Hand: "???!"

As Left Hand looked about to pounce and bite off his nose, Lynne quickly grabbed its wrist and pushed it down, turning to say: "Stop it! We're not done here yet! Alice must have taken care of that ghost, but the truth often brings more hatred than warmth. If Alice loses her sanity and tries to kill us, we'll be in trouble!"

Hidari promptly suggested with alertness: "Should I run first? You cover the rear?"

Lynne decisively ignored Hidari's suggestion and swiftly regained his composure, his gaze quickly scanning the surroundings.

And in the next moment, amid the rolling ruins, his eyes caught a figure. His pupils narrowed. Because he recognized it. The figure was the corpse of Alice, which he had painstakingly stitched together. Was it not buried under the rubble? Or...

Lynne remained calm, slowly approaching the figure.

The girl sat curled up on the rubble, her back to him. Her body was covered in crisscrossing sutures from stitching, and her once-cut golden hair had somehow grown back, cascading down her back.

Approaching gradually, he began to hear soft, suppressed sobs. Her body was so small, having never grown since the moment she was dismembered and hidden.

Lynne knew Alice's consciousness had returned to this body that was rightfully hers.

[Warning! Warning! Extreme hatred fluctuations detected!]

[Warning! Leave immediately! Leave immediately!]

The system's urgent warnings rang in his ears. Lynne stopped ten meters away from her, observing her silhouette from a distance.

That chilling ghostly energy, like an icy abyss, made even the air around him feel frosty, even from ten meters away.

Alice now, after the massive surge of hatred and devouring the ghost, had become incredibly powerful, perhaps even more terrifying than Miss Blood Clad herself.

Hidari warned tensely, "Head, stop standing there like a fool, run while she hasn't made her move. Let's get as far away as we can!"

But Lynne didn't respond. His eyes slowly settled into a calm. He didn't leave. Instead, under Hidari's astonished gaze, he took a step forward. One step after another, the bone-chilling cold was like a harsh winter, stabbing at every inch of his skin. Frost had covered his legs and was slowly creeping up his cheeks.

[Warning! You are under attack by ghostly energy!]

[Warning! Warning!]

Yet Lynne remained calm, without a hint of retreat, stepping forward. That short distance of ten meters felt as arduous as trudging through a blizzard for days. But he finally reached the source of the frost. He approached the weeping little girl. He extended his frozen hand, gently placing it on her shoulder, whispering as if in the depths of winter:

"Alice, it's all over now. If you feel lonely, my offer still stands. You can consider me... your family."

The howling wind blew the scattered ashes through the air, falling on the desolate ruins like perennial snow, turning the land a stark white.

Hidari was stunned.

...

Several minutes passed, and the icy chill began to recede, along with the lingering hatred.

Among the ruins, Lynne walked out, holding the little girl who had fallen asleep in his arms. She seemed weary, her eyes closed, tears still staining her cheeks, clutching tightly onto the front of Lynne's shirt.

Perhaps for the first time since falling into this Dark World, she slept peacefully.

[Congratulations! You have triggered the legendary high-difficulty achievement: "Deceiving an Innocent Loli (Death Omen Level)". You have earned 500 experience.]

[Deceiving an Innocent Loli (Death Omen Level)]: A high-difficulty transmission achievement awarded when successfully cementing the affection of a death omen level evil spirit girl to "family" or above. This achievement is a solid and bizarre step towards becoming a villainous girl manipulator and a therapeutic physician.]

[You have gained permanent buffs: Alice's trust in you +50, Physique +10, Ghostly Energy Resistance +10, Happiness +20.]

Lynne: "..."

Grinding his teeth, he closed his eyes in frustration.

This system was certainly crafted by a supreme pervert with a twisted sense of humor! Why label this as "Deceiving an Innocent Loli"? It was clearly "A Kind and Loving Big Brother Doctor Perfectly Healing a Little Sister Tormented by Hatred"! How did it become something so negative in this system's interpretation? Was he that kind of person? Not only failing to recognize the true, good, and beautiful emerging from his heart, but also maliciously slandering his host - it was outrageous! Absolutely unforgivable!

Hidari raised her hand, glancing at Alice sleeping in Lynne's arms, then at Lynne, muttering: "That's a bit outrageous... How could you dare? Weren't you afraid she'd kill you? Her power is super terrifying now!"

Lynne smiled, saying: "Because I'm a doctor. Until the employment relationship ends, I cannot abandon my patient. Besides..."

He raised an eyebrow, his face beaming with a smile.

"Since I've already promised this girl, I can't go back on my word. Understand?"

Hidari was stunned.

Suddenly... Lynne seemed so cool and even a bit handsome. Was this really him? So kind-hearted and loving?

[Ding! Hidari's favorability for you +10]

[Ding! Hidari's favorability for you +20]

[Ding! You have triggered the stage achievement: "Trying Desperately to Show Off". You have earned 200 experience.]

[Trying Desperately to Show Off: A special stage achievement for completing an act of showing off without any conditions or creating conditions for it during any event. This achievement indicates that you have taken a steady step towards being an outstanding young individual. You have gained permanent buffs: Charisma +1, Intelligence +2, Happiness +1.]

Lynne: "..."

No, this can't go on! This system is intolerable!

...

Outside the castle.

In the distant darkness, Bloodsaw and Puppet Mistress watched the scene in the ruins from afar, their faces showing a hint of satisfaction.

Bloodsaw, feeling pleased, flexed his arms, barely able to suppress his urge to boast.

"How about that? Didn't I tell you? What does it mean to be a true man's disciple? There you have it. Compared to your daughters, my disciple is clearly a step ahead, hehehe—"

Puppet Mistress, holding her surging emotions, glanced at Bloodsaw's barely concealed smug expression and laughed even more brightly.

"Yes! He is indeed very outstanding!"

Such an outstanding boy, it's really hard to suppress the excitement in one's heart! He must be brought into our family soon! Wait, change of plans! A boy as great as him, having only one daughter involved is definitely not enough!

The eldest, second, third, and fourth daughters, all of them should join in! It would be really nice to let she take good care of him too! (≧▽≦)!

[Ding! Puppet Mistress's favorability for you +10]

[Ding! Puppet Mistress's favorability for you +20]

[Ding! Puppet Mistress's favorability for you +30]

[Ding ding ding…]

Inside the castle, Lynne stood up, bewildered, looking around.

What's happening? Why did Puppet Mistress's favorability for him suddenly increase so much? Could it be that she is nearby? Apart from the life-sized doll that's on the way, he really didn't want any more contact with her!

After looking around in confusion and finding nothing, Lynne could only shake his head and put it out of his mind.

...

Lynne could not find a way out of the ancient castle. He resumed his thoughtful expression, holding the closed-eyed Alice in his arms. Numerous attempts had already been made.

Indeed, she had grown significantly more powerful. However, her nature as a bound spirit still restricted her movements, preventing her true escape from this place.

Lynne pondered for a moment, then once again employed his diagnostic ability on her.

[Ding! You have activated Random Diagnosis (Passive). You have identified the target's ailment: Hatred (temporarily suppressed)]

[Ding! You have identified the target's ailment 2: Earthbound Curse]

[Ding! You have identified the target's ailment 3: Vengeful Spirit Curse (temporarily cleared)]

Lynne reflected.

This meant that his curse-clearing ability only temporarily removed one of her curses, similar to the Miss Blood Clad. But the curse of the bound spirit remained in her, ineradicable.

In that case, once the cooldown period ended, he could indeed temporarily clear her earthbound spirit curse, allowing them to leave the ancient castle. Although they would only have a day, it was better than nothing.

Lynne rubbed his temples and took a deep breath.

No, this wasn't good enough!

His limited-time curse-clearing ability required too much. The Lady in the Blood Dress yearned, his revolver needed it, and now Alice too had become one who required his nurturing.

Not to mention, if he encountered special circumstances in the future or met Little's parents again, he would need to keep the cooldown available.

"Can't I satisfy several at once?"

Lynne(〃′皿`)q.

How troublesome to handle them one by one! Surely the number requiring my medical healing and care will only increase!

While Lynne was brainstorming, he faintly heard a loud shout from somewhere, but the wind was too strong, and he couldn't make it out clearly.

"We can't get out."

Just then, the girl in his arms, her eyes still closed, whispered softly.

Lynne was startled, looking down at the stitched-up Alice in his arms. She was so light, as light as a feather.

She remained with her eyes closed, leaning in Lynne's arms, murmuring in her sleep.

"Alice is... a malevolent spirit... who died here... Forever unable to leave this place..."

Her voice was very low, as faint as the buzzing of a mosquito.

Lynne's expression gradually regained its composure. He closed his eyes. At that moment, he finally made his decision. With a flicker, he produced the reward he had obtained from a previous mission.

[Skill Enhancement Scroll]

Now that there was hope, should he not just erase it carelessly?

[Ding! You are about to use the Skill Enhancement Scroll on your "Temporary Curse Removal" ability. Would you like to proceed immediately?]

"Yes!"

Hum—

The card in his hand transformed into specks of light, merging into his eyes.

[Ding! Your "Temporary Curse Removal" ability has successfully advanced for the first time.]

[Temporary Curse Removal ability +1]

[Description: You can temporarily remove curses affixed to your target, now twice, with a duration of 24 hours and a cooldown period extended to 13 hours.]

[Friendly Reminder: Further enhancements and advancements can improve your mastery of this ability. We wish you early mastery of all your powers.]

Lynne quickly scanned the notification, his attention immediately drawn to the "2" in the number of uses.

His heart swelled with joy. Just as he had guessed! Since it was an enhancement, it naturally had to improve aspects like "duration," "cooldown time," and "number of uses." And he was right. The enhancement granted him an additional opportunity to use the ability. If that was the case, couldn't he handle two at once?!

Lynne swiftly regained his composure. Looking at Alice's closed eyes in his arms, he smiled and said: "That's not necessarily true. I am a doctor, after all, and I can certainly take you away from here! At least now I can!"

In an instant, he activated his Temporary Curse Removal ability on Alice.

Hum—

Curses, like chains, emerged from Alice's body and were swiftly absorbed into Lynne's hand with a powerful force.

Alice immediately felt a lightness throughout her body. She opened her cracked eyes in shock, filled with bewilderment. And then, in the next moment, Lynne, holding her, took a firm step beyond the boundary of the ancient castle.

"No!"

Alice's lips trembled subconsciously, her small hand tightly grasping Lynne's arm, and she shut her eyes tightly. She was clearly afraid. For a bound spirit, forcibly leaving the territory that bound them would usually bring immense pain.

But then, in the next moment, that immense pain did not come. And she distinctly felt herself leaving the boundary of the ancient castle.

She finally opened her eyes in astonishment, looking blankly at the Disembodied Street before her, and the shattered gate of the ancient castle behind. It was as if time itself had come to a standstill…

Announcement
I added a tier on my Patreon, and for only $5 you can read ten chapters in advance.
8