The adventurer and the Doll
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a forest covered in fog that showed no sign of disappearing even for a moment of the day and which could last for months at a time, a young adventurer got lost in the most mysterious forest there could ever be in the world. 

Our young adventurer was called Mark and had just turned 20 and therefore given his young age, he could be considered the youngest explorer in his hometown. 

Mark one day decided to unravel the mystery of why the forest near his hometown was always covered in fog, and so with a passion and curiosity about the mysterious phenomenon of the forest, he set out for the forest. 

The forest was called Misty Forest, because it had the unique characteristic of having a thick fog every day that prevented anyone from seeing, even their own hand. 

However coming back to Mark, he could be seen panicking as he wandered around blindly and occasionally bumping into some trees or branches, but even in this situation he somehow managed to see an outline of a structure. 

He was very happy to see that there was a shape that looked like a house and so he immediately ran in its direction, when he arrived he saw a beautiful 200 meter villa that seemed uninhabited for a long time. 

The villa was three-storey and in noble or medieval style. 

At first he was very surprised that there was such a villa in the Misty Forest, but seeing that he could finally have shelter and also a unique landmark, he was very happy. 

Without thinking, I opened the door that looked almost new and went inside. The first thing I saw was a staircase leading to the second floor and various pieces of furniture with an unlit oil candle next to them. 

Curious about the mysterious villa he decided to explore every corner of the villa, spending a few hours because he always had to be sure that there wasn't some kind of danger inside the villa, he discovered that inside the first floor there were only 4 rooms Very big. 

Mark thinks that each of the 4 rooms was reserved for guests and also for receptions or parties, because he saw that there were many tables set up for parties and from the first to the fourth room there was a clear difference in importance. 

Each room was decorated for a certain level of guests, the first was for parties of nobles with the Title of Knight, Hereditary Knight, Lord and Noble, so it wasn't too pretentious and was clearly the least beautiful room. 

The second room was much nicer than the previous one and presumably accommodated those of the Baron, Viscount and Count, logically the furniture was of a higher quality compared to the first room. 

The third room looked just like that of a princess or prince, the floor was made of fine marble, shiny and smooth, while tables and chairs were made of thousand-year-old wood that was worth as much as 10 annual salaries of a Duke. 

Compared to the previous rooms there was a clear distinction of importance to the owner of this abandoned villa, however continuing on was the last room. 

Room four was strangely special, there wasn't a huge table to accommodate so many people, instead, there was a simple normal sized round table and two simple iron chairs. 

Certainly the room that caught Mark's attention was the fourth, but for now I'll focus on the second and third floors which also had 4 rooms on each floor. 

The second floor had four rooms that were locked, while the third had only one room that wasn't locked, so Mark checks it and simply finds a strange human-sized Doll. 

The curious thing is that she was sitting on a chair with cushions, while it was near the window and placed so as to appear to be looking at the moon which however was covered by fog. 

Mark strangely was very fascinated by the doll which was very artistic and human sized, so he looked at it and eventually called it Alice. 

Alice's appearance was very Unique to him, because she had golden hair, blue eyes, fair skin, a slim and perfect body with a very regal posture, while wearing a princess dress and a crown made of unique and shining stones. 

But strangely Mark who admired her felt that something was wrong and even if Alice who was not alive, but a simple doll placed in this room with precious clothes and accessories to make her seem like a princess of unique beauty, in the end it seemed that she conveyed an unusual loneliness Andsadness that this room did not reflect him at all. 

Mark was very puzzled, and felt a strange pang in his heart, and so he approached Alice, then stretched out his hands to touch her expressionless face with an unknown feeling. 

But suddenly you hear a soft but lonely voice. 

? "Who are you?" she asked in a tone that seemed to be disinterested, but with a hint of curiosity

Mark was surprised and so he looked around to find out where the voice was coming from, but failing to find the source he sighed as he admired Alice once again. 

But once again. 

? "Why don't you answer?" the tender and innocent voice and once again reappeared, but Mark who was looking at Alice, was very surprised to find that Alice's small and delicate mouth had just moved

Mark " Alice? " was very surprised that the doll or in this case Alice, could talk, so with a not a little surprised face I called her name

But Alice clearly didn't seem to have listened to him, because that wasn't her original name at first, but after a few moments she realized something. 

Alice "are you referring to me?" she asked as her blue eyes looked at him with curiosity, while her face showed her usual face without emotion or vitality. 

Mark "I'm sorry, I didn't know anything about who you were, but without your permission I gave you the name Alice, thinking you were just an inanimate doll. Anyway, my name is Mark, nice to meet you." He immediately understood why he hadn't replied earlier, and so he replied with some embarrassment. 

Alice "Don't worry Mark. I'm fine with the name Alice" she said

Hearing her words, Mark was very happy and so they began to get to know each other better and so I spend a lot of time. 

Now Mark and Alice, with the unconscious passage of time, remained together in that villa for more than 2 months. 

Mark was addicted to Alice, while every moment of the day spent with her seemed like a short dream that he never wanted to end. 

But as time passed Alice talking to him seemed to become sadder and sadder as time went by, so one day Mark plucked up courage and asked him why. 

Mark "Alice, why do I feel like every moment we spend together you get sadder and sadder?" he asked with concern as he looked her straight in the eyes with genuine concern. 

Seeing his look, Alice couldn't help but let a drop of tear fall from her eye. 

Mark who saw it was immediately worried and then looked at her anxiously and didn't know what to do to console her or calm her down. 

Alice was very emotional at this moment, so she steeled herself and in a strong voice full of Vitality that she clearly did not possess before, she told him. 

Alice " Go away!. I don't want to see you again, so don't try to come back to this place. I'm tired of talking every day, every hour, every minute and every second with you, here go away! " she said with strong voice and eyes I decided

Mark hearing his words, could suddenly feel the lack of strength and dizziness, as he fell to his knees and with one hand felt his heart beat slower, while a sudden pain began to arise from his palpitating heart. 

Alice who said those words and saw him in great pain, suddenly began to cry, but with a firm expression she forcibly stopped crying and once again began to speak again. 

Alice "I'm sorry Mark, but you are very Boring like the stories you told me. Every moment was a real torture and I regret the day you entered this villa and met me! " so he said in a cold and impossible voice, but while he said all this his lips were long stained with blood

Alice, who was biting her lip to try to stay conscious for some reason, fell asleep as soon as she finished speaking. 

Mark who was in the deepest oblivion of his life hearing her last words, immediately wanted to scream at the top of his lungs, but suddenly saw Alice with her eyes closed and blood pouring from her. 

He was surprised that Alice was bleeding from her lips and that she had even fallen asleep, because he knew that a doll could never possess blood and that in these months, she had never fallen asleep and that not even for a second had she ever stopped listening to the his stories. 

Surprised, he immediately stopped crying as he approached her and touched her forehead gently, but immediately felt a throb coming from her body. 

Mark "Alice... Are you alive?" he asked with surprise, but Alice couldn't answer, on the contrary, it was as if she was no longer able to wake up

So with a mixture of emotions including sadness for the words she said to him, and joy at having discovered that she was alive, I try to wake her up in every possible way, but in the end they proved useless. 

In a panic trying to wake her I don't notice the passage of time and one day passes like nothing, and Mark sinks deeper and deeper into despair and sadness, until you hear laughter. 

? "Ahaha, I told her not to fall in love, or she would return to a human being and she would never be able to wake up again thanks to my curse. Too bad he didn't listen to me, he should have continued to capture adventurers for me, too bad "suddenly an old witch-looking woman with pimples walks in with a creepy smile

She looked at Alice's body with some amusement and also disappointment at having lost one of her tools, on the other hand Mark was immediately angry at the way the witch spoke badly of Alice. 

Mark "Witch, what have you done to her!" immediately understood that she had something to do with Alice and her condition, so he threatened her with a sword he had

But she clearly didn't take him seriously, in fact she started laughing again. 

Witch "I never imagined that little girl would be interested in anyone, but this will only be another source of pain for her" she said without answering him, but you could see that there was a certain trepidation and joy in the old witch's eyes. 

Mark thought about what he meant with confusion, and the witch who saw his doubt took advantage of this to inflict more pain. 

Witch "you know I put a curse on this princess, and my curse makes it so that as soon as she falls in love or becomes interested in someone, she will become a human again and fall asleep forever... " as he was reducing the same thing as what he said earlier, Mark interrupted him

Mark "you've already said this thing, witch. Anyway, tell me how to make her wake up or I'll kill you!" he said while threatening him loudly and without fear

Witch" let me finish talking. What I was going to say was that during her long golden dream, she will live in a nightmare of her beloved dying in every possible way or being betrayed by him and also other interesting things. 

During these dreams, she will start to suffer terribly and I will be able to see the scene of her suffering which is exactly what I want, but too bad it's not enough for me!. 

I want to see her suffer more! 

I want to see her beg for her life... no better for your life! "While she was talking, she showed a face full of excitement, while they were drooling and quivering with pleasure in saying everything he thought, but suddenly she looked at Mark and finally told him her plans. 

Mark was scared and nauseated by this witch, but even so he didn't move and tried to protect Alice from the Witch who had foul Desires, but it was still useless because she used some kind of magic to attack him from afar. 

"boom" with a loud noise, Mark was forcefully thrown away from the room, while the witch lifted her rough and dry lips

Witch "Little girl, consider yourself lucky to be able to wake up from your dreams" he said and so I cast a spell against her

Not a second later, Alice who had been asleep a moment before woke up with a start with tears starting to fall, as the witch directly cupped her face with her dry, rough hands. 

Alice who was suddenly caught by the witch after she had just woken up, was taken by surprise and fear. 

Witch "little girl you are lucky that I woke you up and so now to repay this kind favor of mine, I will take the life of your little lover!" so he said with a crazy smile, as he threw her next to Mark who had just stood up

Alice who was thrown away was miraculously caught in time by Mark, but the force behind the throw was too much and so they both fell, while the witch approached them with a happy smile. 

Clearly the witch enjoyed this scene as well as the others, but not having had enough, she decided to act again, so without giving anyone time, she grabbed Mark's legs and then broke him. 

Mark "Ghaaaa!!!..." with a long cry of pain was left helpless on the ground, while Alice managed to get up and see this scene with a pale face from worry and pain

Alice "Mark!!!" and with a cry ran in his direction to help him somehow, but the witch who was beyond happy to see her in this state, took Mark again and broke his other leg with her foot right

Alice became even paler and Mark began to scream even louder, while the witch began to laugh heartily. 

Alice who was pale and Mark who was suffering immensely from the pain caused by the witch fell to the ground, as they both lost consciousness from what they suffered. 

La strega che li vide svenire non fu molto contenta, ma non potendo fare nulla decise semplicemente di ucciderli entrambi, e così guardai Mark che era proprio accanto a lei e tirai fuori un pugnale. 

Strega "peccato che sia durata poco, ma posso sempre andare a cercare qualche nuova preda succulenta" disse tristemente, ma poi fu subito contenta

Quindi si abbassò e con il pugnale non affilato nella mano destra si preparò a sferrare il colpo mortale. 

"tzz" era il suono di una lama che penetrava nella carne umana e rompeva persino l'osso, poi una scia di sangue fuoriusciva dalla ferita per rivelare un cadavere senza vita

Nel frattempo Alice si riprese velocemente e quando riuscì ad aprire gli occhi, vide la scena in cui la strega stava per pugnalare Marco. 

La disperazione presto riempì la sua mente, ma anche così la scena non si fermò e vide la scena che avrebbe segnato la fine della sua vita e i suoi momenti più tristi e dolorosi. 

Alice "Mark!!!!!..." gridando il suo nome, lei senza nemmeno ragionare che non poteva muoversi liberamente, perché fino ad ora era una bambola che non aveva mobilità

Ma anche se è caduto ripetutamente e si è ferito, in qualche modo è riuscito a raggiungere il corpo di Mark. 

Si vide Alice guardare Mark che aveva un sorriso vittorioso, come disse una voce. 

"muori vecchia strega!"

Con questo Mark che impugnava la sua spada penetrata dritta nella testa della vecchia strega, sorrise e guardò con amore Alice che si coprì la bocca con le mani e poi pianse di gioia gettandosi nell'abbraccio di Mark. 

Il tempo passò da quel fatidico giorno ed ormai erano trascorsi 10 anni e si poteva vedere il bosco che un tempo era coperto da fitte nebbie ora libero da ogni traccia di nebbia, mentre in una villa si sentivano le grida gioiose dei bambini. 

Fine L'avventuriero e la bambola

2