Chapter: 2
548 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd Person: POV)

Racing through the forest Sini, Azure, and Cain reached the area where they heard the voices from in no time at all.

Bursting through the treeline the three worked to immediately assess the situation.

Upon doing so they saw several wagons that looked to be part of a caravan being attacked by a group of Vesp, and one lone woman with a sword, a katana in fact, working to defeat them.

Doing her best to defend the people near or inside the wagons.

But her best wasn't good enough.

Since the trio noted several people on the ground bleeding, and even a few dead.

Seeing a Vesp about to attack a woman from behind Cain didn't hesitate.

He leapt at the monster and slashed it to pieces using his blade. No remorse of hesitation in his strikes.

Turning to the woman Cain flashed her a reassuring smile. "It's ok. You'll be alright." He told her.

To stunned to speak the woman simply gave a curt nod.

After she did so Cain turned away from her and focused his attention on the Vesp.

"Sini, Azure, take them down." He spoke.

"Yes!" The twins replied in unison.

"[Flame Arrow]!" Sini exclaimed.

"[Water Arrow]!" Azure exclaimed.

Their hands raised in the direction of the Vesp a magic circle appeared before each girl. From Sinis' came fire in the shape of a massive arrow. While from Azures' came water in the shape of a massive arrow.

As the two attacks were simultaneously unleashed they made quick work of the Vesp's attacking the wagons and the people inside or near them.

While this happened Cain was moving around, using his blade to cut down any Vesp in sight.

The woman wielding the katana blade doing the same.

Which Cain was glad about. Since he wasn't sure if she was going to attack them or not when they showed up. If he were in her situation that is what he might do.

Since strangers showing up out of the blue when one is in battle might spell their doom if said individuals have bad intentions.

That's why it always pays to be careful rather than trustworthy during those times.

But again, Cain is glad this female katana user is choosing the latter.

'Though she could just be using us to take down the Vesp and then attack us afterwords.' Cain thought.

Since that is something he might do as well.

But since Cain didn't know what the woman was thinking about he decided to put it out of his mind for the moment and focus on the enemy.

Which he continued to cut down.

Ten minutes later the battle was over.

When it ended the people in or near the wagons began cheering, as well as tending to the injured.

As for Cain Sini and Azure they re-grouped.

Then as soon as they did the female katana user confronted them.

Now that the battle was over the trio finally got a good look at her.

She was a bit older than them. The woman has black hair, secured in a high ponytail with a white bow, and deep purple eyes. She also has creamy white skin and a voluptuous body, with well-developed breasts. Her attire consists of a sleeveless blood red kimono, which stops just above her knees, long black stockings that stop just as the tip of the lower half of her kimono, giving off a few of her thighs, detached blood red kimono sleeves with gold accents, and finally golden sandals upon her stocking covered feet.

Looking at this woman Sini and Azure got a bit mesmerized by her appearance.

As for Cain he kept a neutral expression on his face.

But inside he was screaming at the top of his lungs.

Since he recognized the woman standing in front of him and the twins.

Her name is Zena Lune.

One of the ten capture targets from the game.

***

(Cain: POV)

'Zena. It's Zena Lune!' I shouted internally.

One the games ten capture targets, and one of my top three favorite girls from the game. Here she is, standing right in front of me in the flesh.

'Calm down. Calm down.' I told myself.

Since even though this is Zena Lune I need to remember there's no guarantee she will be exactly the way Zena was featured in the game. Because this is not a game anymore but real life.

Despite that fact I am so happy I am meeting Zena right now it is taking all I have not to break out in a happy dance.

I was knocked out of my stupor when Zena finally spoke.

"I thank you three for your assistance." She said. Her voice sounding exactly like the VA (short for voice actor) that voiced her in the game. "If you had not shown up when you did there would've been a greater loss of life. For that you have my personal thanks."

"And mine as well." A male voice spoke.

When it did so the twins and I looked in its direction and saw a man with short light-brown hair and clipped moustache approaching us. A smile on his face.

"Greetings you three my name is Richard Sadler, and I am the leader of this caravan." He told us.

"Cain Lupus." I spoke.

"Sini Stalit." Sini spoke.

"Azure Stalit." Azure spoke.

"I am known as Zena Lune." Zena spoke. "Since we are introducing ourselves I thought it only right I do so as well."

"Well now that everyone's been introduced I am wondering if you three would help escort us to town?" Richard asked. "I can pay you for your time."

"Well if Sini and Azure don't object to it I'm fine with doing so." I spoke.

"We are as well." The twins said in unison.

"Excellent." Richard spoke. He then gave a slight bow to the three of us. "Also thank you. For this and for helping us earlier." Picking up his head Richard went to go help attend to the injured.

As he did so the four of us did the same. While also on the lookout for any more enemies. Human and monster alike.

Though thankfully there were none.

We secured the injured, we buried  and gave funerals to the dead, and we got Richards's caravan to Bley without any issues.

Upon reaching the two Richard made good on his promise and paid our group.

Giving us thirty silver coins.

More than enough money to last us a while.

Thanking him, we bid him a farewell.

Having no idea that was just the beginning our relationship with the man known as Richard Sadler.

***

As sunlight touched my face I released a yawn and opened my eyes.

I then removed Sini and Azure's sprayed limbs from my body and climbed out bed. Making sure to make them comfortable after I did so.

Since taking care of ones lover is the mark of a healthy relationship, and since I have two I need to be extra caring and attentive. The same if I acquire more in the future.

Which Sini and Azure will have no problems with, since I brought it up to them a while ago.

At first I was skeptical that the twins would just accept me having more lovers, but then once again I remembered I am in the world based on an erotic game. A world where polygamy is legal. Upon remembering that I let the matter die.

Moving on.

Once I was sure the twins were firmly placed in the bed I headed to the bathroom and got ready for the day. I then exited our room and headed downstairs for some breakfast.

Arriving I was greeted by the daughter of the inn keepers, where we are staying at the moment, sporting a red blush on her face.

Seeing this I put a wry smile on my face, since that means the twins and I forgot our manners and probably got a bit too rowdy last night.

Good thing we're leaving in three days then.

I definitely don't want this situation to become a regular thing with the inn keepers daughter.

She's only twelve years old after all.

I don't wish to corrupt her young soul anymore than we already have.

Anyway.

I managed to get from breakfast.

Finishing up my food I left the inn to collect supplies for my and the twins departure from Bley.

Several bags on my arms I headed back to inn, since I had just finished shopping for most if not all the supplies we needed.

As I did so I happened to pass by the mercenary guild branch office, and right as I did so the doors burst open, and the guy who tried to threaten me when me and the twins first joined up two weeks back, came flying out. Landing square on his ass after he did so.

"Gughh!!!!"

As the guy released a groan I noticed his face looked like cauliflower.

Telling me someone beat the shit out of him.

Well he probably deserved it.

A few seconds after the man landed on the ground his two friends came out to his side and checked on him. They were then followed by Zena of all people.

Who is currently sporting a disgusted and piss off expression on her face.

"Pathetic. Simply pathetic." Zena spoke coldly to the trio. "And you call yourselves mercenary. Get out of my sight, now."

"Yes!!"

The two men shouted in fear.

They then picked up their friend and hightailed out of the air, leaving a small dust cloud as they did so.

Once they were gone Zena finally noticed my presence and turned to look at me, completely losing her look of disgust and pissed off facial expression as she did so.

"Oh Cain, what a pleasure it is to see you again." Zena spoke.

"The same." I replied. "So, what was that all about just now?"

"Oh nothing really, I just came here to recruit fellow mercenaries for a job and those three volunteered upfront. But only if I would drink with them. Seeing such vulgar behavior I took it upon myself to punish them since it seems no other mercenary in this town as the bravery or courage to do so." Zena explained. A proud look on her face as she did so.

Seeing this and hearing her explanation of her actions I'm pretty sure now that Zena is exactly how she was portrayed in the game.

In the game she was a happy and cheerful girl, with a huge distaste for dishonorable people and warriors. She also gave off this cool and calm air most of the time as well.

All aspects I am seeing from her at this moment and during our past meeting.

Though if that is the case then that means the other aspect of Zenas' personality must be true as well. That other aspect being she is a hardcore masochist.

Each of the capture targets in 'Tales From Midgard' catered to a particular fetish or had one. Zena falling into the latter category.

So that means under this cool-beauty façade is a girl who enjoys being whipped, spanked, bound, called nasty words, enjoys rough sex, etc.

As my mind started drifting to images of Zena featured that way in the game I suddenly stopped when I heard her speak to me.

"Say Cain, are you and the twins mercenaries?" Zena asked.

"We are. Why?" I spoke.

"I have a proposition for you, or rather Richard does. Do you have time right now to meet with him?" 

"Sure, lead the way." I retorted.

"Excellent." Zena replied.

She then started walking and I started following.

Wondering what the opportunity she mentioned is all about.

***

After twenty minutes of walking Zena came to a stop and so did I.

The two of us having stopped in front of a hotel, where the wagons from the caravan were parked.

"We have arrived." Zena said.

She then headed inside and I followed right behind her.

Upon entering the hotel I spotted Richard immediately. He was sitting at a desk with tons of papers stacked atop it. Going through each and every one before signing them.

"Richard I have returned." Zena said.

The moment she did so Richard stopped working and looked in our direction. "Ah Zena welcome back. And good to see you again as well young Cain."

"The same to you Richard." I replied.

"Come, come, take a seat." Richard said. Gesturing to the two chairs in front of his desk.

Since he offered Zena and I took the seats.

"Can I get you anything, water, coffee, perhaps something stronger?" Richard asked.

"No thank you." I replied. "So, Zena said you might have an opportunity for me and the twins."

"Yes. Well simply put I would like to hire you all as guards." Richard said.

He then began explaining the reason why.

It turns out Richard is the founder and President of Salder Trading Company. A merchant company that specializes in the buying and selling of magical objects and tools. Which had made Richard a very rich man.

Originally from the Vanaheim Republic, where the central headquarters of his Trading Company is located, Richard came to the Empire to set up a branch office for his company in the imperial capital, Folkvangr.

Which he successfully did.

Then after doing so he started to make the journey home.

But it seems the other day all the mercenaries he hired, other than Zena of course, abandoned his caravan when the Vesp's attacked it. That's when the twins and I came to their rescue and now here we are.

"So you see, that's why I would like you three to join Zena as bodyguards for my caravan." Richard spoke. After finishing his explanation.

"I understand your situation, but from the way you just described things you are not hurting for money. Why not hire some high ranked mercenaries? Why ask us?"

"The mercenaries I hired before were high ranked." Richard spoke. Sighing after he did so. "With the exception of Zena who is gold ranked the mercenaries who ran away the other day were all silver-ranked." He revealed to me. "Yet even after I paid them quite a nice sum they didn't do their jobs. That's why I would like to hire you and the twins. So, what do you say?"

"I'll have to talk it over with Sini and Azure, but I think we can take you up on your offer." I spoke.

Because it's a good deal.

My group can make some serious money, we'll get out of the empire, not to mention I'll get to spend some more time around Zena and see if the thoughts I harbor about her personality are true.

I really don't see a downside in all of this.

Hearing my words Richard smiled. "Excellent. I will await here for your answer."

"And I'll get back to you as soon as possible." I told him.

So with that I left and headed back to my own inn.

All the while telling the twins to prepare.

Since we're going on a trip across the world.

 

 

 

18