Discontinued.
872 18 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello,

This story was my first time writing, and I learned a lot from it but sadly, I don't feel the drive to continue it anymore.

Several parts in the story were forced and the System I put in the story is all over the place. Too complicated while at the same time too broad in certain things. My personal favorite are characters with a specialty, like Kali's stealth and Nina's water magic and talent, but I felt that I lost that direction when I gave Kali too many Skills and her second Class was also a big mistake on my part, but at the time I felt that it would fit her. 

A lot of mistakes were made because I did not create the characters fully before starting my story which caused Kali to change a lot, while Annika and Nina made it she could not spread her wings to explore Sydocia as much as I wanted, and you all had to learn from Interludes, something I did not like. But it took me too long to notice all these big mistakes.

They might not be big mistakes, or even mistakes at all to you, but for me, it is.

I like to write, but I feel some regret with how I made the story go and the direction it is going.

When I started this story I made only a small part of the world and the characters in it, which were Kali, Annika and Nina, but I did not go deep in their personalities at all. I should have made a more robust background including the System that the world used. This is a mistake of mine that I tried to correct, and I believe I mostly did, but I also failed at it in certain areas.

One of my biggest mistakes, in my own opinion, was going for 1st POV instead of 3rd POV since I had so much more info to give to you all but in 1st POV, I could not write it. This is caused by my own limitations of writing, but also the limitation of 1st POV.

When I started, it was in 3rd POV, but later I switched to 1st POV when I started to like writing in that, and it took me too long to notice the limitations and now, I don't feel like going back again.

Several of my mistakes I wanted to fix with other chapters, but there are too many of them. Again, this is my own opinion and I find it important.

Several parts were good, and I liked it a lot, but I was too hasty with things too, causing me to write things that I added impulsively. 

Writing was always just something I did for fun but when it got more popular, I felt a need to create more to make you all happy, but I don't have enough time to write 1800~ word chapters every 2 days. At the start it was possible, but it got harder and harder, the more I lost passion for the World of Sydocia, until I could not even write a chapter in two days. 

My mind drawing, I could not keep this up anymore.

At the start of my writing, I did not expect it to be so popular as it is. 136k views and 4k+ favorites was a big surprise, and it also makes me hesitate in discontinuing this story, but for my own feelings, I have to do this.

I am stressing over a lot of things in the story and I don't feel that it would be good to continue this story.

Sorry for doing this, but it is for the best. I already noticed that I was forcing things along and my passion for the story was wavering.

I might write more, but for now, I need to create something new or start over and change a lot. I don't know what I will do, but I will see where my inspiration brings me.

I love reading, and I know that it would annoy me if a story I like gets discontinued, but I need to do this.

Again, sorry for discontinuing, and I hope you all understand.

21