Chapter 39
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once there the trio split the gems evenly, or as evenly as they could guess and once that was done they had to say their goodbyes.

Seth started.

"I'll file my report to the guild as soon as possible and you'll get your upgraded badges in the mail. It's been a pleasure working with you guys and if I ever find myself in need of a crew in Darter you'll be the first I call for help. When you do get a Silver badge, if you do, then you'll get the mailing address of a higher member where you can buy close to anything you want for a good price."

Amelia continued.

"You guys have been good to me. Although I may not have the most useful skill you guys have been supportive and have been really instrumental in my success in life. My yoga shop is on Rover Street and that may be a breach of the rules but know that you guys will always be welcome."

The cold-hearted Liam finished.

"I can't really say much, Seth you helped me in my darkest time and gave me the support needed for me to happily place two feet on solid ground. I will look back at these moments with a smile."

Liam wasn't exactly as good as Amelia at expressing his feelings, but the trio split up and as Seth saw the two leave out the door he could not help but sigh at good comrades leaving.

Seth still had a few hours before anyone should notice that the Baron's possessions were robbed and in that time he needed to say goodbye to a few people, and needed to get all his stuff into a carriage to leave.

The first thing on that list which he did was to pack everything he had into a carriage, which he had actually bought. Since he knew how to ride and drive a carriage he would be fine taking it to a new city by himself and so he went to his home and to his hideout before taking his carriage to the Deck Of Madness' hideout.

He went to say goodbye to his teacher and to the person who recruited him in the first place.

The Gentleman was sat in his office as always, crouched over a desk full of documents. It had been a long day but luckily he had some Bubbletop to keep him going. Caffeine was truly the God of Work's best creation.

Giving a quick prayer the Gentleman was just about to continue grinding when the door opened and with it a face entered the room.

"Seth, I haven't seen you since our lessons. Don't tell me you want more?

Seth almost shivered at the smile that appeared on Leo's face when he said that.

The oddly smiley branch manager went back to normal once Seth told him what he wanted to do, "I want to go to Babylon."

The Gentleman put on a small frown, "Well lad we all have ambitions don't we. I remember when I was in my youth trying to be hired by the highest of families and do you know where I went to get hired by them. The capital of course!

That place was a step ahead of Darter, but I must say I prefer it here. Politics rages there and unlike the small war we had here there are far worse in the capital. But don't let that dissuade you, more people means more experience to be made so I'll get the paperwork done and I do wish you the best."

Seth thanked the Gentleman, for taking him in and teaching him better than many ever could he had helped more than anyone else in his journey so far and Seth swore to repay him in the future.

He gave the man a hug, which was odd for The Gentleman, but he eventually accepted it. Seth felt like he was maybe projecting his father onto him but for now, he just wanted to feel at home. Just for a moment.

The Gentleman wasn't dumb and could see the young man crying a bit into his chest, so he kept quiet and allowed Seth to have a moment.

Seth eventually pulled out and acted like nothing happened.

"Well then, goodbye."

"Wait, you're going to need this." The Gentleman gave Seth an emblem with a star printed in the centre. "It's so you don't get your carriage searched. Knowing your job, you're going to need it."

"Thanks."

His final words before he left and like that Seth was now done with Darter. It had helped him a lot in his journey, but he had so many more levels to gain, money to steal, friends to make houses/mansions maybe even places to break into, and far more vaults to crack open.

The journey was good, but it could only get better.

Seth refilled his waterskin at the last available well and then hoped back on his horse to begin the long journey to the capital city. There the higher-ups were a whole evolution higher than the ones here and the average level was higher, which meant more money in the safes and conversely higher-level safes.

He heard his stuff banging around in the carriage and his snake was likely making a mess of the organised carriage. Seth had the emblem in his pocket and Seth wanted to do one last thing before he set off.

He hadn't checked his progress in a while, so he entered his Soul Island and walked up to the podium.

Name: Seth

Class: Mastermind Thief/ lvl 35

Skills:

= Phantom Hands, (Mastery/ Intermediate 45/1000)

= Serene Mind, (Mastery/ Intermediate 198/1000

It was good and Seth was happy to know that the heist had levelled him closer to immortality. It told him where he doing well and where he was slacking and with that knowledge he could balance the two and perfect his training.

As he walked out of the walled city, Seth was happy to start a new chapter of his life. Here he had grown from levels 1 to 35 in record time and although the travel time to the capital would take about 2 months it was worth it for the quicker levelling.

The yellow fields of barley and wheat expanded across the nearby areas of Darter. The kingdom of Historia was a food production powerhouse and these seas of yellow were evidence of this.

The setting sun glowed a warm orange as a horse and carriage clipped and clopped towards their next destination. The mud road, worn through thousands of similar travellers laid way for Seth to follow the path of the ambitious.

Towards Babylon, the Capital City of Historia.

 

 

///

Celebrations for finishing volume 1! Thank you all for reading so far, and supporting me and the book by dropping the book into your reading section, giving me favourites and even posting a few chapters. The support is truly appreciated :)

The grind never stops, so the book will continue on at full pace. So look forward to the next volume, Fear Fuelled Thief: The City Of Babylon.

0