Chapter One: The Arrival of the System
649 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huaxia, a suburb in HN city of ZJ province. Although it was already 2 a.m., for Yang Xuan, it was no different from daytime. He continued playing games and watching TV series. He had transformed from the person with a well-maintained set of six-pack abs to someone with a hefty paunch.

Yang Xuan was fully engrossed in his TV series when he failed to notice that a distant shooting star was about to crash down, landing right in the dormitory of the company where he worked.

Stretching lazily, Yang Xuan paused his TV series playback. He urgently needed to relieve himself as he had held it for hours. Clutching his cigarettes, he stumbled out of the dormitory. The employee dormitories of Yang Xuan's company were quite convenient. They were only 50 meters from the office, directly across from the restrooms. Even if they overslept, they could work from their dorms.

Just as he entered the restroom, a meteor fell rapidly and hit Yang Xuan's head. Strangely, it didn't break through the ceiling. Yang Xuan only managed to emit a muffled groan before collapsing, unconscious. In his daze, he faintly heard someone tinkering around him.

The system detected life signs—

The system identified its host—

Currently being hosted—

10% 30% 99%

System installation complete.

"Ugh, my head hurts. What's happening?" Yang Xuan felt very strange. He had always enjoyed good health, rarely falling ill. Although he didn't exercise much, he had previously practiced martial arts.

Suddenly, Yang Xuan sat up, picking up his phone, which had fallen when he lost consciousness. It was already 7 a.m., and he needed to hurry back to the dormitory; otherwise, he'd be caught when everyone went to work. However, as he was about to return to the dorm, Yang Xuan's face turned green. Alright, it was time to go back to change his underwear.

Yang Xuan, a 24-year-old man working at a Taobao company in HN city, was mainly involved in selling fur on online platforms, such as sheepskin jackets, rabbit fur coats, and even sable fur coats for the wealthy.

Yang Xuan was the company's star customer service representative. Perhaps it was because he often worked overnight, even when watching TV shows or playing games, he kept the platform's chat window open. As a result, his performance was far better than his colleagues'.

Yang Xuan took a moment to freshen up and then decided to finish watching the episode he hadn't completed in the TV series before going to bed. After all, his working hours were from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m., so he had the entire day to sleep. When he pressed the play button, a voice popped into his head.

"Ding - The system detected the entry of the 'Witch's Conditions.' Enter?"

Yang Xuan was baffled. What was happening? Had too many late nights given him hallucinations? To test if it was a hallucination, Yang Xuan closed and reopened the TV series.

"Ding - The system detected the entry of the 'Witch's Conditions.' Enter?"

"I've got a system?" Yang Xuan was an avid bookworm, and upon seeing this, he quickly understood. He had gained access to a system, and he transitioned from initial panic to joy, eventually settling down.

Yang Xuan asked curiously, "What are you, and how did you get into my head?"

The system responded, "Host, I am a system that has taken residence in your body, allowing you to traverse various parallel worlds."

Yang Xuan asked, "So, where did you come from? Who created you?"

"I don't know. I've wandered through the layers of space and time for too long. My initial memories are gone. Host, you don't need to speak. Just think in your mind," said the system.

Yang Xuan continued, "Alright, what other functions do you have besides entering movie and TV worlds?"

After a brief pause, Yang Xuan's eyes blinked as a virtual screen appeared before him.

System Functions:

1: Traverse various auxiliary planes, such as novels, movies, TV series, anime, legends.

2: Strengthen attributes, skills, and items by paying a certain price.

3: Traverse to any unfamiliar location and automatically acquire the language of that plane, mastering skills in the process.

4: Control the flow of time within planes. Traveling forward is allowed but returning to the past is not.

5: The system comes with a storage space. The initial space is 10 square meters, expandable as your energy strength increases, possibly evolving into a world.

6: Additional functions are available for the commander to discover automatically.

Yang Xuan felt extremely happy at that moment. He had struck it rich. In any world he chose, he could get rich and obtain various world's powers. Naruto, Dragon Ball, Marvel – he was invincible now.

The most important thing now was deciding which world to enter. In today's society, everything seemed harmonious, so it was better to be prepared for whatever might happen in another world.

After much consideration, Yang Xuan decided to get a good night's sleep, as he was planning to enter at midnight, and he wanted to request a day off.

Time passed quickly.

Ding-ling-ling! The alarm clock rang on time. Yang Xuan, still groggy, woke up, washed his face, brushed his teeth, and had some food. After some preparations, he was ready.

He entered the storyline selection of the movie "Uncontrolled Superpowers." He appeared on a meadow, with a dark cave just 4-5 meters away. The system was indeed efficient. Yang Xuan approached the cave, and although caves weren't scary in the movies, he suddenly found it eerie when seeing it in person.

He turned on his phone's flashlight and ventured inside. The cave was quite straightforward, with only one path, making it easy to navigate. As he turned a corner, he was suddenly met with a vivid blue glow. The telekinetic gem was right there.

The telekinetic gem, a deep blue color, radiated a faint, radiant light, dazzling Yang Xuan.

Yang Xuan knew that his success or failure depended on this moment. Without hesitation, he took a deep breath and touched the telekinetic gem. With a loud "clank," it felt as though a construction vehicle had crashed into his head. It was painful, but once the pain subsided, it was replaced by an intense throbbing, as though his entire head was about to explode. Gradually, the gem turned red, shrank, and vanished.

At the same time, Yang Xuan closed his eyes, nose bleeding profusely. His eyes were tightly shut, and he collapsed in an instant, unconscious.

How do you feel about this novel?
  • novel Votes: 3 14.3%
  • boring Votes: 1 4.8%
  • curious Votes: 14 66.7%
  • eager to know what’s behind Votes: 3 14.3%
Total voters: 21
10