Chapter 77: Planning for the Six Meridians Divine Sword
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Xuan didn't say much. He extended his right hand in a claw-like manner, activated the North Ming Divine Art, and began absorbing the internal energy of the fallen members of the Shennong Sect directly.

The absorption of power was indeed enjoyable. It felt as if his whole body was soaking in a hot spring. However, Yang Xuan still felt like the North Ming Divine Art had some unfinished business. So, he decided to try full power absorption. With that thought, he instantly exerted more force.

Suddenly, there was a substantial amount of energy within Yang Xuan's body, different from the absorbed internal energy. This feeling was even more pleasurable, like the sublimation of life itself.

While Yang Xuan was enjoying this, the members of the Shennong Sect were in a dire situation. They had gone from feeling weak to showing signs of aging, and finally, they turned into dust, dissipating into the air.

The people from the Immeasurable Sword Sect were left in a state of panic. The events that had just transpired exceeded their understanding of the martial world.

Yang Xuan looked back on the experience, walked towards Left Master Du, and said, "Left Master, I've helped you out, so I guess we're even now, right?"

"Right, right," Left Master Du replied, still shocked.

After all, not many people could remain fearless when confronted with such a scene.

Sometimes, people are most afraid of the unknown, not necessarily formidable opponents.

"I'm leaving now. Perhaps we'll meet again in the future on our respective journeys in the martial world," Yang Xuan said without looking back.

Walking on the small path in the Immeasurable Mountain, Yang Xuan looked up at the clear blue sky. In ancient times, the sky was indeed very blue, free from pollution and the constant noise of drones, without having to worry about the sudden sonic booms when trying to concentrate on something.

The surroundings began to show spots of green, and more trees appeared. Walking in this environment made Yang Xuan realize that life could be comfortable and peaceful. With a gentle breeze, he felt content.

It's better to find a town. Continuously walking on foot through Route 11 is exhausting. Moreover, it's a world of martial arts now, so shouldn't it involve galloping with swords and riding horses? Unfortunately, there's not much high-tech equipment available, or else a mini-satellite would be handy for terrain scanning.

After a day of arduous travel, Yang Xuan finally saw the silhouette of a small town. As he got closer, he realized that the town's gates were unusually large, indicating that it was not an ordinary village. After asking a few pedestrians, he learned that he had reached Dali. Now he had the perfect opportunity to see the Six Meridians Divine Sword, one of the top martial arts in the world of Tianlong.

Since he was in Dali, Yang Xuan decided to taste the local specialties and get a good night's sleep. He had been through quite an ordeal, from being struck from the sky to the current feeling of backache and soreness.

He found the best inn nearby, took a shower, enjoyed a hearty meal, and then went to his room to sleep soundly.

Although Dali was relatively prosperous, it was quiet at night, creating a peaceful atmosphere. In his original world, many cities never seemed to sleep, as if the whole city never needed to rest, filled with extravagance and indulgence.

In a half-dream state, Yang Xuan seemed to see a towering giant standing at the top of countless realms, sitting on a throne forged from countless treasures. Every breath of the giant resulted in the creation and destruction of little worlds. Yang Xuan tried to see the giant's face, and suddenly, the giant raised its head. With enormous star-like eyes, it gazed directly at Yang Xuan. He felt as if a heavy hammer struck him, and he fell into a deep sleep. In the last moment before falling asleep, the giant's face was none other than his own, carrying an infinite sense of nostalgia.

The next day, the sun was shining brightly.

After breakfast, Yang Xuan, full of energy, left the inn. His next task was to visit the Tianlong Temple.

The Tianlong Temple was located on the outskirts of Dali, decorated in an ancient and solemn style. Yang Xuan walked in without thinking much. Suddenly, three waves of internal force attacked him. Yang Xuan sensed that they posed no real threat and easily blocked each attack with his bare palms.

"What's wrong with you?" Yang Xuan clapped his hands a little annoyed. He hadn't even had the chance to see anyone's face and he was already attacked. It was quite unfair.

"Who are you, and is this related to the death of Master Xuanbei?" Duan Zhengchun asked.

"Are you nuts? I just arrived, and I don't even know who Master Xuanbei is. Why would I kill him?" Yang Xuan replied indignantly.

Because it had been so long, and he hadn't watched "Tianlong Babu" since he was a child. He hadn't followed the multiple remakes of the series that came later, and the plot was no longer clear to him. However, he still knew the location of some secret manuals.

"So, are you here to help Mu Rong Fu and Qiao Feng?" Duan Zhengchun continued to question.

"First, you need to adjust your attitude. I came to Tianlong Temple for something, not to be interrogated. If I see Mu Rong Fu, I'll definitely deal with him. He's not even a Han Chinese, for heaven's sake!" Yang Xuan knew the story well and was aware that Mu Rong Fu wasn't Han.

"Since you have nothing to do with the situation here, may I ask what brings you to Tianlong Temple? I'm Duan Zhengchun, Duke of Dali." Duan Zhengchun softened his tone slightly.

"I'm here to borrow and read the Six Meridians Divine Sword manual. I want to see what makes this martial art so special," Yang Xuan confidently expressed himself now that he had advanced his strength and had no reason to fear consequences.

"Six Meridians Divine Sword? What kind of martial art is that? We've never heard of it," Duan Zhengchun inquired.

"The Six Meridians Divine Sword is a top-secret manual of Tianlong Temple, known to be accessible only to inner disciples. You're still just an outer disciple, so you probably don't know about it. This manual has been learned only by a few individuals throughout history, including Duan Siping," Yang Xuan commented, considering the plot.

"Since you know it's the sect's exclusive technique, yet you dare to covet it, does that mean you're working with the Tuyuhun King, King Ming?" Several monks emerged from the inner hall, and the one who spoke was Great Master Kurong.

It seemed that Ji Mo Zhi had already issued a challenge.

Yang Xuan inquired, "Has Ji Mo Zhi issued a challenge to you already? I thought he hadn't yet. How about this, if I help you block Ji Mo Zhi, and he comes here, you won't have to worry. I'm not afraid of a group of monks from a small foreign country."

"Hmph, let's see if your skills match your words," Kurong retorted as he initiated a barrage of attacks using the Six Meridians Divine Sword.

Yang Xuan calmly used his palms to block each sword energy attack. He was thankful that the Six Meridians Divine Sword, even in the hands of someone like Kurong, was formidable. Fortunately, Yang Xuan had a robust physical body. Otherwise, it would have been difficult to withstand the power of the internal energy attacks.

After exhausting everyone's energy, Yang Xuan, with slightly reddened palms, said, "Not bad, it's a great martial art, but your skills need refinement."

To be continued...

♥ If you enjoyed this chapter, and if you want to learn more, check out my Patreon. Unlock the latest content first.

Personal creation is not easy, your likes, attention, comments and forwarding is the motivation for me to stick to it.

0