Chapter 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What a shitty luck.

"Hehehe… I just got hit by a truck, I wonder if I'll get isekai'd to an anime? Otome game? Webcomic? Or…maybe a novel?" 

Those were my last words. Yes, that's what I said…But I never meant it! I wanted to survive! It was a joke! Take me back! Take me back!

That day, I, Sienna was finally able to get my hands on my 30 million dollars of inheritance from my mother. I was planning on spending them on luxuries an ordinary girl my age couldn't even imagine! But then BAM! I am now dead.

I don't know why but Truck-kun suddenly decided I'm his new target. Doesn't he usually go for depressed otakus with no social life or miserable orphans?!

So, why me?! Maybe I did have an unfortunate childhood but I was fine before my death! I had an adoptive father who is nice and rich, although he has a potty mouth, I was regarded as a genius and my damn inheritance!

I'm not that worried that the money would be in bad hands, since Uncle Kiel will most likely use it to donate to charities but still… IT'S 30 FUCKING MILLION.

"Goddammit!" I cried in frustration.

"La-lady Ail…lard?" One of the four maids called out. They all look terrified, did I startle them?

I should comfort them… "Hmmm? Yes, I'm fine now." Well, my whole body feels numb, to be honest.

"I- I'm sorry." 

Wait why the hell are you all crying?! I tried to smile as warm as I can! Why are you… trembling…

Oh shit! Are they afraid of me?

"Ah...Ahem! You can leave." 

"AH! Yes!" The four maids ran out of the room.

Wow, look at the four of them go, they look as if a wild beast is chasing after them. "I guess even in another life, I'm unlucky…" 

But Lady Aillard, huh? 

Oh! Ohhhhh! I'm in that novel! [The sun that melts the snowy mountain]

It was the only thing I was able to buy with my inheritance before my death… Dammit! My money!

The sun that melts the snowy mountain. It was the story of Sienna Harlow, yes, she has the same name as me, when she turned 18, it was accidentally revealed that she was blessed with holy power, was granted the title of saintess by the church.

On the fifth day of the Auctor Festival, the male lead met Sienna who sneaked out to enjoy her last day of freedom before being officially introduced as the saintess and was being chased by the priests. Azriel thinking they were bad guys, he beat them to a pulp.

"O' Kind and benevolent soul, how can I repay you?"

"You do not need to repay me, As I only did what any citizen of this empire with a handsome, dashing, kindhearted emperor would do, I'm totally not lying. But if you must insist, how does spending the entirety of the day with me?"

"Oh my! Not only are you kind but also humble. How admirable!"

After bumping into each other a few more times and getting to know each other, they fall in love and reveal each other's identity.

"Oh shit! You're the emperor?!"

"What the- You have holy power?!"

Then, yada yada fluffy moments, and then PAK! What's that?! It's the villainess~ Misunderstandings that takes forever to be resolved, one-dimensional villains, power-hungry nobles, assassins, backstory and confession time~ yada yada yada they put the main villains in prison and get married!

Maybe, that wasn't exactly how it went... Well, it's your stereotypical rofan novel.

I guess the one who decided that I die the moment I receive my money still has a conscience. Lady Aillard~ I'll use this body very wisely hehe.

Oh, why am I excited? Let me tell you! Let me tell you! "That's because I've possessed the body of the male lead's overworked secretary and best friend's sister! BAHAHAHAHA Ack! My throat."

That's not all! Aillard is one of the only two ducal families in the Rosenlite empire and has great political and economical power!

Since this body was never mentioned, I can do something that isn't in the novel as long as it's not too drastic!(?)

"Hehehehehe~ This will be fun~"

I'll spend this body's money, befriend the main characters, maybe help speed things up and watch their destined love blossom!

…then, will I finally understand what's so great about destiny?

"Ah! But what if the story is already finished and I'm actually Archen's daughter?!"

I got ahead of myself, before coming up with goals, I should probably gather information first as the only thing I know right now is that I possessed the body of a lady from the Aillard duchy and the contents of the novel.

Growl...

There was no one in the room with me but I can't help but be embarrassed, "Food first..."

I rang the bell by the bedside table and the maids from earlier came in.

"You. What's your name?" I pointed to the maid with black hair and brown eyes, I don't have a particular reason just ini mini miny moe.

"Pardon?" She looked at me but quickly lowered her head again. "Kia. My name's Kia, my lady."

"Kia, stay here, the rest of you, bring me my breakfast, I want coffee."

The three maids looked at Kia with pity in their eyes before leaving, hey, stop that I'm not going to eat her, okay?!

The moment the door closed, the maid, Kia knelt down on the floor "I- I'm sorry, My lady! Please don't fire me! I have a family to take care of and-"

Bruh I haven't said a single word.

"Kia." The moment I said her name, she froze.

Oops…Did I say it too

"Wh-What?" Kia's tears stopped and instead showed look that resembles a lost child, well, I'd probably have the same reaction if I were in he

"…I tried to act 'normal'…but I don't know who I am…I can't remember anything, and my body feels numb, it's scary." I lowered my head and dramatically grasp Lady Aillard's— my hair.

"Ah… Is it memory loss…? But the physician said the only effect was chills and numbness every now and then…" She mumbled.

Huh? Did the owner of this body get into an accident?

"Physician… Effect? What are you talking about? Can you please explain…." I tilted my head to look baffled.

"Ah… How should I do this…" Kia bit her nails, perhaps trying to ponder where to start. "My lady's name is Raina Atara Aillard, you are Duke Archen's younger stepsister."

So I was right! This body's owner is Archen's sister.

"Your grace has a large interest in botany and you accidentally ingested the Nimen plant and was bedridden for a month."

Nimen plant is a herb that many doctors and physicians use as an anesthetic but it can be deadly if consumed in lethal amount, I know this because it was often mentioned in the novel.

"Does my lady… really not remember anything…?" Kia asked cautiously.

I lowered my head and bit my lower lip, "No…"

"Oh…"

Why do you look like you're relieved?!

"Ah! I'll call the physician!" Kia stood up.

"No! Don't!" Kia quickly stopped and began trembling once again.

"Huh…?"

Fuck, I stopped her impulsively. 

"I… just… Accidentally consumed a large amount of anesthetic and lost my memory… Doesn't it make me look stupid? So, please don't tell anyone…"

"…" 

"Kia…?"

"I won't tell anyone about your memory loss, my lady."

"Thank you!" I smiled brightly. "Oh… and can I ask you favor…?"

"It is my duty to help you, my lady…" Says the one who was scared the shit out of her life just a few minutes ago.

"Was I a bad person?" She flinched and her hand gripped tightly on her skirt.

"N-No!"

"Then, why does everyone look terrified of me?"

"My lady, can I be honest…?"

That's why I'm asking?!

"Of course."

"I've only been serving here for months ago, I don't know much about my lady, personally. But, when I first started, all of the servants, even the ones from the main building, told me that my lady likes to toy with her servants, feeding them drugs and punishing them without a justifiable reason. I don't know about the others but when I first met my lady, I didn't get the impression that the lady is evil, bu-but..."

Did something happen?

"A few days before you collapsed... My lady suddenly threw objects on the maids..."

Ah, So Raina went mad.

"I... Did that?" With tears in my eyes, I looked at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Uh." Kia started fumbling, she took a handkerchief from her pocket and carefully gave it to me. "Don't cry, my lady. Maybe, it was because you were having a hard time."

I wiped my tears and blew my nose...too hard.

Damnit, there was so much snot on it, why does it have so much snot?! 

Act natural. 

Then hide it.

"I appreciate your words, but it doesn't change the fact that I still did it."

"Then... Why-" Before Kia can finish her words, a maid from before came in.

"Here's your breakfast, Lady."

...This bitch.

Kia and the maid started setting up my breakfast, there was light soup and firm bread.

Very light and firm.

Isn't this soup too watered down and the bread... You can knock someone out with this! I can't even complain because I don't know if this is the standard food of nobles here. This owner's body, Raina, is an Aillard, after all, so naturally, she'll be served the best.

Well, at least I have my coffee.

Oh...

Little did I know...

The water soup and rock bread would be the least of my worries.

To be continued~

0